E-Liquid Nicotine Consumption Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

emolinare

May 29, 2015
I think it would be nice to be able to specify an e-liquid nicotine content level, rather than choosing one from the drop-down. See, the liquid(s) I use have a 21mg level...

Okay, that's a very good point. I've changed the menu, now it goes from 0-36 and I guess that should be sufficient. I doubt people are crazy enough to venture anywhere above 36mg of nicotine per milliliter.

...Also, I'm sure you know there is a huge difference between Java code and JavaScript code (similar to comparing e-cigs and cigs), and your earlier statement was just a tongue tie. Overall, this is a pretty neat bit of code. I've bookmarked it!

LOL, I understand, but it's exactly what I said: a java code :)
My calculator application is coded using GWT.

GWT allows developers to create and maintain JavaScript front-end applications in pure Java and it is used by many very popular products, such as Google Spreadsheets, Google AdWords and Google Wallet. It's open source, completely free, and used by thousands of developers around the world. Even the new version of GMail is written using GWT.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    LOL, I understand, but it's exactly what I said: a java code :)
    My calculator application is coded using GWT.

GWT allows developers to create and maintain JavaScript front-end applications in pure Java and it is used by many very popular products, such as Google Spreadsheets, Google AdWords and Google Wallet. It's open source, completely free, and used by thousands of developers around the world. Even the new version of GMail is written using GWT.
    Oh, I did not know that. Good job, man!

Reactions: emolinare

emolinare

May 29, 2015
    Good calculator!! At the same time, think not only about the monetary value of quitting smoking but thousands of other benefits that could not be measured clearly. So a negative value in the savings is still positive if taking the aforementioned into account. :)

That's a valid point, I am just wondering how to highlight that point within the app itself. Any suggestions?

provos528

May 27, 2015
    That's a valid point, I am just wondering how to highlight that point within the app itself. Any suggestions?

To add a tangible value, You could include something like days of smelling,looking better, cost of teeth whiteners, cost of breath mints/gums etc..Lol. On a serious note, the future cost of medical expenses,lost wages if smoking analog is continued.

emolinare

May 29, 2015
    Hi everyone, I've updated the site.

Not only it can calculate some additional details, such as day since you stopped smoking and your average savings, but it allows you to create your own forum signature banners (similar to one you see attached as my signature). Site also allows you to save your settings when you want to bookmark it or share it with others.

This is what the page looks like now:
    idyuv2Kh.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread