E-Liquid vs Ultem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
i've an RTA with a tank made partly of ultem. Some e-liquid flavorings are bad for some plastic tanks, according to info i've seen. Anyone know if that goes for ultem? Would a cinnamon liquid, for example, which is bad for some tanks/pods/clearos, be a problem in a tank made from ultem?

Thanks for any info.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have never cracked a tank, ultem or otherwise plastic but I rarely vape strong citrus or cinnamon or anything like that.

It is, to the best of my understanding, true that ultem holds up better than plastics Harder to see through but more durable. However, I could be totally wrong on that.
Anna

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
ultem holds up better than plastics
Thank you!
but I rarely vape strong citrus or cinnamon or anything like that.
Unfortunately, I enjoy cinnamon and banana and mango; all bad for plastic tanks. This lovely person I met online was very kind and sent me a simple to build RTA and -- wonder of wonders! -- I actually got it to work (and after only 3 tries!). Okay, I cheated a little and used a pre-built coil; baby steps. Anyway, I wouldn't want to ruin the ultem parts of the tank. Could just use tobacco or vanilla flavors in it, I guess, to be safe, but either way it's good to know how ultem holds up, relatively.

Fstop

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Thank you!

Unfortunately, I enjoy cinnamon and banana and mango; all bad for plastic tanks. This lovely person I met online was very kind and sent me a simple to build RTA and -- wonder of wonders! -- I actually got it to work (and after only 3 tries!). Okay, I cheated a little and used a pre-built coil; baby steps. Anyway, I wouldn't want to ruin the ultem parts of the tank. Could just use tobacco or vanilla flavors in it, I guess, to be safe, but either way it's good to know how ultem holds up, relatively.
I'd like to know 1. what Citrus Flavors
2. Concentration Level at which they become errosive.
3. The Critical Temperature At which Chemicals become 'Interactive'

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread