e-lvt

Status
Not open for further replies.

aron77

Jan 18, 2014
KC,MO, USA
I just got my e-lvt in the mail yesterday and so far so good. Going from an itaste VV 3.0 which other than battery life I am happy with this e-lvt hits like a champ. I like the increased range of wattage, 3-15w, and instead of having to hold the button to change it moves freely until I choose to lock it, which is nice for right now cuz I'm trying to find my sweet spot. The micro and regular USB ports were a huge selling point for me, easy to charge and acts as a portable charger for other devices, plus this one has an external battery so if I choose I can replace it or charge it externally. I haven't had it long enough to know about the battery life but it is supposed to last for days without a charge, my biggest issue the the VV 3.0. I have no worries about durability with this thing as it is water resistant and made to take a beating. And the lcd flashlight is a nice touch, yeah my cell phone has a brighter one but for a quick little light this is nice.

The only cons I can come up with are weight, accessibility of the micro USB and appearance. This thing is heavy! I'm a big burly guy so that is not a big deal to me but it literally was pulling my pants down while in my pocket; not jeans but clothe shorts kicking around the house. The micro USB has been difficult to get plugged into due to the protective flap, my cell charger pops out pretty easily cuz the flap is in the way tho a more basic micro USB cable while still obstructed fits in tighter. This isn't the prettiest thing in the world. It doesn't have the sleek look of say an MVP, it is definitely substance over style as it is built for durability not pageantry.

After only a day of use I'd give it a 9 out of 10. If the USB was set just a fraction of an inch further away from the where the flap connects it slip right in, seems like a pretty obvious design flaw, and it was a little nicer to look at I go 10. But I wanted functionality and flexibility which is what I got in this unit.

Attachments

• e-lvt.jpg
    e-lvt.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 30
I see it. I got an iClear 30B to put different juice in for the VTR and think its goofy that Innokin decided to produce a tank that would not fit into the device. No big deal using the extension but it makes the thing somewhat less than compact. You say the E-LVT is heavy... the VTR is 2-3 ounces shy of a full pound, how much does that thing weigh?

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I had one and I killed mine. I don't suggest you do the same. I did a full review of this device in the e-cigarette reviews section of this forum.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-not-close-being-waterproof-mod-part-1-a.html

While it was living, I did like it. And to be fair to the manufacturer, I did torture this thing. But it almost asked for it.....

Three things:

1. The 18650 life is much shorter than I would suspect from a 2000 mAh battery. I have two MVP2's and I was expecting to have roughly 75% of the life of my MVP.....Not even CLOSE....
2. The micro usb issue mentioned is for real. It is really difficult to keep the micro usb connector in there. They really need to move the "hinge" to the other side.
3. It is super rugged, but the waterproofing is a pipe dream. There is no sealing mechanism on the battery door. There is no sealant or anything near the flashlight. There is no sealant near the 510 connector. You can actually "inhale" off the tip of the 510 connector and get airflow, which means liquid, even e-liquid can get inside the device. Yes, it might survive rainfall or a drop in the snow, but depending on how the unit is lying on the table, you can still spill on it and get liquid in it.

If they come up with a 2.0 version of the product, I will be looking to buy it again. I would like them to seal the battery door, the 510 connector and the flashlight and give it some true waterproofing. I don't expect to vape while swimming, but if you are going to promot the fact that it's "waterproof" then a drop in a mud puddle or (cough) toilet... shouldn't kill it. I would also like them to move the "hinge" on the micro usb/usb panel so that they don't impede with the charging cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread