E-Mail on FDA warnings

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an e-mail I sent to Micheal Ericksen, ScD, director of the institute of public health at Atlanta's Georgia State University and former director of CDC's office of smoking and health:

Good day,
I just read an article where you publicly stated "I have seen no evidence that people switch from tobacco cigarettes to e-cigarettes". This statement is purely based on ignorance, or you have just been wrongfully informed.
There are countless, even thousands of accounts where people have switched from smoking tobacco products to using tobacco smoke free "Electronic Cigarettes", and I am one of them.
My story is, I am a 28yr old male, who has struggled with a drug & alcohol addiction my whole life. I have a severe addictive personality, that knows no boundaries, and tobacco is also appart of that. I also suffer from PTSD, ADHD, and an array of symptoms that go along with these illnesses. Because I used substances more than half my life, most of which I was in the "clinically terminal" stage of addiction, and now have been clean & sober for close to 3yrs, I would say that I have more than enough background and experience to speak on the subject of addiction.
That being said, the way I started sobriety was through an addiction treatment facility. I then followed up living in a recovery house, and still follow a twelve step program. In my life experience, to my knowledge there is no accurate, or predictable treatment therapy or cure all solution, for addictions known to modern medical science. This also pertains to tobacco nicotine addiction.
For me, the miracle of the twelve step program did for me what medical science could not, it got me clean and sober. The Electronic Cigarette, has done for me what medical science, and the twelve step program could not, I stopped smoking tobacco.
To say that there is no evidence of E-Cigarettes helping people stop using tobacco smoking products, is the same as saying there is no known evidence of the twelve step program helping people get clean & sober. Because there is evidence. The people who use these methods are evidence. If you want to measure this evidence, why don't you start, by doing some field work and talk with individuals who used these methods, and count their testomonies. Not everything can be measured, or learn't in a lab. In the twelve step program this is called humillity, but first you have to be "willing" to learn, or teachable.
For your Consideration
Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread