E-pipe afficiando thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
A place to discuss and/or showoff your epipes ... any and all epipe discussions welcome from a 10 dollar smok epipe clone to hand-crafted specialty items. Where to find them, especially ones that take 18650, what atties you use with them, do you use them all day or just for relaxing?

I used a smok clone with an Eternity rda at around 1.5 ohms as a nice little unit for puffing on my diy cigar type vapes:

7RNIpRS.jpg

I've finally retired that one and now have a Kamry k1000+ running a berserker RDA clone:

ckAwPjC.jpg

It's an unregulated device with a 1000mah internal battery. It is working surprisingly well --- I was a bit worried it might flood the air-tube and/or leak given the low angle it naturally rests at, but it remains leak/flood free. It's running with a 0.85 ohm coil at the moment and I've been dripping either a diy cigar-ish liquid, or a moderate menthol.

I have a couple nicer 18350 pipes on the way so stay tuned, and please do show and discuss yours.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I was a pipe smoker from 1974 until some three plus years ago. I was a Mod on a big Pipe smoking Forum ( hence the Avatar - Falconeer relates to Falcon pipes of which I was the Number One fan ) and never saw myself off of pipes - as well as Falcons I had an extensive and expensive colllection of Peterson 999s with gold and silver mountings built up over the years.

Then one October weekend my grown up daughter, a nurse and a heavy cigarette smoker came to visit. She could no longer smoke in her hospital grounds and had resorted to vaping and found it worked for her. Her husband an equally heavy smoker but in charge of a Security Control Room could no longer smoke at work and had followed her down Vaping Lane.

She brought me a present - a Kamry E pipe, an Intelligent charger, 4 batteries and supplies of juice. I thanked her and swore I'd give it a try next weekend when I'd have finished the packet of tobacco I'd opened.

Off home she went and I thought "Aye that'll be right hen. I'll just tell you I tried it and it broke!" But as the week went on my conscience got the better of me, and I thought OK I'll give the damn thing a whirl although it'll be rubbish.

Next Friday I tried it and found I'd no cravings, so thought I'd give it another day...I did and before I knew it I'd been through the weekend with it and never experienced a craving to smoke... the rest is history - I last fired up tobacco on the 17th October three years ago.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
A place to discuss and/or showoff your epipes ... any and all epipe discussions welcome from a 10 dollar smok epipe clone to hand-crafted specialty items. Where to find them, especially ones that take 18650, what atties you use with them, do you use them all day or just for relaxing?

I used a smok clone with an Eternity RDA at around 1.5 ohms as a nice little unit for puffing on my diy cigar type vapes:

7RNIpRS.jpg

I've finally retired that one and now have a Kamry k1000+ running a berserker RDA clone:

ckAwPjC.jpg

It's an unregulated device with a 1000mah internal battery. It is working surprisingly well --- I was a bit worried it might flood the air-tube and/or leak given the low angle it naturally rests at, but it remains leak/flood free. It's running with a 0.85 ohm coil at the moment and I've been dripping either a diy cigar-ish liquid, or a moderate menthol.

I have a couple nicer 18350 pipes on the way so stay tuned, and please do show and discuss yours.
good job!
That steel one right there in the top pic is the device that burned holes in my pants leg twice. Protruding button unventilated mech. Origionally made by SMOK iirc.

I’ve had thoughts about the right way to do a pipe style mod. I suspect it’s actually the best way to do a hands free mod in fact. I’m not an engineer though so it will probably never happen.

Reactions: stols001

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
good job!
That steel one right there in the top pic is the device that burned holes in my pants leg twice. Protruding button unventilated mech. Origionally made by SMOK iirc.
Mine has a vent hole in the bottom, and will vent some around the top button, but nevertheless, yeah, no button lock and a pretty easy button so not suitable for pocket carry (when loaded). I always thought about making a leather wrap with a flip-over cover that could prevent the button from being pushed, but I never got around to it (and my "craftmanship" works better in my head than in my hands). It always felt a little a little small (and cold) in the hand for a pipe body, that would've helped with that as well.

The Kamry 1000+ above is a more typical unregulated-protected device ... 5 clicks on/off, short protection, 10 second cutoff ... just in a pipe-shaped form-factor.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
I am looking for a pipe stem styled drip tip. Does anyone know where they can be found?

I do but you might have to be in to Uk to get one; I have one - I don't think we are allowed to post links but if you maybe Google E Pipe sales Cumbria England something might come up!!!

I'm running a wooden bowl Kamry 1000 with a Nautilus Mini attie and of of this firm's "Rose" half bent stems when back in the UK. This firm also sells "Lord of the Rings" epipes which you might enjoy looking at.

I don't use an epipe all the time but I do enjoy one when reading or watching TV of an evening

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I do but you might have to be in to Uk to get one; I have one - I don't think we are allowed to post links but if you maybe Google E Pipe sales Cumbria England something might come up!!!

I'm running a wooden bowl Kamry 1000 with a Nautilus Mini attie and of of this firm's "Rose" half bent stems when back in the UK. This firm also sells "Lord of the Rings" epipes which you might enjoy looking at.

I don't use an epipe all the time but I do enjoy one when reading or watching TV of an evening
Found a nice one, thanks.
ADMIRAL PIPE STEM ANGLED

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Never smoked a pipe, perhaps its because I'm just a tad to young? My uncle smoked a pipe, so I always thought for the most part that most pipe smokers are a bit older the 55? Anyways e pipes never appealed to me because they look wrong....I figured you would have the pipe , but the tank would look like the bowl? Not just different tanks attached

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
The basic Kamry 1000 is just a mech mod running on smaller batteries and for safety's sake I have never used a sub ohm coil with them - I normally now just run mine with a Nautilus Mini tank with a 1.6 ohm coil.

There are some E pipes whose suppliers state are OK for sub ohmning.

There are some more briar pipe like E pipes going about; they have a small propriety atomiser hidden in the stem and they fire when you draw them without you having to push a button. They also have a fake glow to simulate tobacco.

In my experience and that of the Professor who posted about them recently they are very prone to failure.

Pipes just for older guys? Back in the 70s University and College Students often sported pipes as they were seen as stylish and as being a "cut above" cigarettes.

Me, as a long term Sherlock Holmes fan, switched to pipe when I was 24 back in 1974

Last edited:

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Here's a few pix - the silver Kamry was the pipe my daughter gave me which finally got me off of tobacco.

The short yellow thing was a gizmo going about a few years ago - you fitted a CE5 into the rubber pipe-a-like - it wasn't very convincing and those devices were evil at the best of times IMHO.

The yellow thing with the longer stem was my attempt to improve it using a Nautilus Mini and a wine cork sprayed with red and black piant with a touch of glitter to simulate burning tobacco. Maybe not the best of ideas as the battery did heat up rather quickly.

And finally the wooden Kamry using a GS Air look alike from Totally Wicked is the one I bought just before I came away to Spain this month. I like it for reading of an evening. Pipe1.jpg Pipe2.jpg Pipe3.jpg Pipe4.jpg

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
I often think about getting a pipe. Just don't know enough about them.
An epipe is just a mod --- many are mechanical mods (some may have a fuse built-in or allow a fuse to be used with the battery), some are unregulated with protection circuitry (like the internal battery kamry 1000 plus in the first post), and some are regulated vw/tc mods such as the joyetech Elitar:

AgwZgdp.jpg

Being a "pipe" is pretty much about form factor.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Man, I'd love to try one of these but fear if using while driving blue lights would pull me over (megaphone voice) "outta the car gray haired kid". Or my boss saying "lets go to the drug screen lab"....that kinda stuff. Can't leave on the seat of the car because of hippies, thugs or smash-n-grab types walking past...

My Zippo style pod already draws enough attention. Still, I may try one this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread