e-Smoking in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemangrafx

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
L.A
Hi All,

I have an unusual experience today. Before I start, have you guys ever brought your PV overseas before? Especially from Singapore? This is my first overseas trip with my mini pipe/RS888/Lady pipe.

Today, I was at the airport. I do not have any check-in luggage since it is a few days trip meaning my luggages are hand carried to the cabin. I know liquids must be small quantities <100ml in a transparent ziploc bags, no sharp tools like scissors etc. I only have my laptop backpack and my clothing bags. Normally, only before boarding at the gate, there will be scanning device/x-ray and passing through the metal detector door.

Before check-in:
This morning, after getting my ticket and upon entering the departure area, just before the immigration, I was told to scan my 2 bags. I comply. My mini pipe was in my laptop bag btw. My juice in my other bag along with other toiletries stuffs. When it passes through the scanner, I noticed the 2 officers were having some conversation about my contents but did not stop me at that moment.I saw the funny faces they made. I went through with the immigration process and proceeded to my gate.

Boarding gate:
At the boarding gate, this is where we are supposed to go through the actual scanner/x-ray and through the metal detector door. As per normal flying procedure, I removed my laptop from the bag, my handphone and my watch and they went through the scanner. I was then told to walk through the metal detector door. It did not ring/sound an alarm but I was told to stand at a corner which then an officer scan me through my body with the handy metal detector. I was told to remove my belt (metal buckle), my name was mentioned over the radio / walkie talkies. I've guessed from the earlier scan. Same thing, few officers were giving me a wary looking look when they look through the contents of my bag from the scanning machine's vision. "Are these your belongings, Sir?" asked a lady officer. "Yes", I replied. "Can you move over here, please so that we can check the contents of your items in the bag!".

After inspecting me..My body.. they wanna check my bags. I was brought to a corner where they asked me to remove the items from my bag..Not all, thank god. At this moment I thought I'm gonna get stuck!
"Is there any electronic items, wires.." asked by another officer. "Yes, my laptop adapter, CD's.." I replied. What they did was to swipe my items, including my shoes with a large litmus paper or something like that and put it into another machine...Maybe to detect some other stuffs like gun powder/drug or who knows...

The machine readout was "PASSED"... "Sorry Sir to take much of your time".. said the officer. An indian officer was puzzled as he was circling around me looking for any suspicious items or movements that I might make... As I was putting my stuffs into my bags, he has a list of something (names/items/?) I cannot see much details but he circled out or strike off or something like that and I made my way to the waiting area...What a relief!

It could be the contents of the nicotine juice (15ml 18mg vanilla) or the atomizer from the pipe (heat residual due to vaping) that might trigger the thorough inspection but can't really point out..as yet.

Anyway, that was my first experience with a PV out of the country..What about later when I in-bound in a few days? What will be the outcome...?
Just wait and see..But for now, I'm vaping this baby overseas... :D

I know it's a bit long but it was an experience for me...Thank you for reading and vape on... :cool:

Regards,
Jay

traderblue

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2008
Singapore
Hi All,

I have an unusual experience today. Before I start, have you guys ever brought your PV overseas before? Especially from Singapore? This is my first overseas trip with my mini pipe/RS888/Lady pipe.

Today, I was at the airport. I do not have any check-in luggage since it is a few days trip meaning my luggages are hand carried to the cabin. I know liquids must be small quantities <100ml in a transparent ziploc bags, no sharp tools like scissors etc. I only have my laptop backpack and my clothing bags. Normally, only before boarding at the gate, there will be scanning device/x-ray and passing through the metal detector door.

Before check-in:
This morning, after getting my ticket and upon entering the departure area, just before the immigration, I was told to scan my 2 bags. I comply. My mini pipe was in my laptop bag btw. My juice in my other bag along with other toiletries stuffs. When it passes through the scanner, I noticed the 2 officers were having some conversation about my contents but did not stop me at that moment.I saw the funny faces they made. I went through with the immigration process and proceeded to my gate.

Boarding gate:
At the boarding gate, this is where we are supposed to go through the actual scanner/x-ray and through the metal detector door. As per normal flying procedure, I removed my laptop from the bag, my handphone and my watch and they went through the scanner. I was then told to walk through the metal detector door. It did not ring/sound an alarm but I was told to stand at a corner which then an officer scan me through my body with the handy metal detector. I was told to remove my belt (metal buckle), my name was mentioned over the radio / walkie talkies. I've guessed from the earlier scan. Same thing, few officers were giving me a wary looking look when they look through the contents of my bag from the scanning machine's vision. "Are these your belongings, Sir?" asked a lady officer. "Yes", I replied. "Can you move over here, please so that we can check the contents of your items in the bag!".

After inspecting me..My body.. they wanna check my bags. I was brought to a corner where they asked me to remove the items from my bag..Not all, thank god. At this moment I thought I'm gonna get stuck!
"Is there any electronic items, wires.." asked by another officer. "Yes, my laptop adapter, CD's.." I replied. What they did was to swipe my items, including my shoes with a large litmus paper or something like that and put it into another machine...Maybe to detect some other stuffs like gun powder/drug or who knows...

The machine readout was "PASSED"... "Sorry Sir to take much of your time".. said the officer. An indian officer was puzzled as he was circling around me looking for any suspicious items or movements that I might make... As I was putting my stuffs into my bags, he has a list of something (names/items/?) I cannot see much details but he circled out or strike off or something like that and I made my way to the waiting area...What a relief!

It could be the contents of the nicotine juice (15ml 18mg vanilla) or the atomizer from the pipe (heat residual due to vaping) that might trigger the thorough inspection but can't really point out..as yet.

Anyway, that was my first experience with a PV out of the country..What about later when I in-bound in a few days? What will be the outcome...?
Just wait and see..But for now, I'm vaping this baby overseas... :D

I know it's a bit long but it was an experience for me...Thank you for reading and vape on... :cool:

Regards,
Jay

Look like you maybe one of those randomly picked for anti-explosive detection checking and NOT e-cigie/mini-pipe targeting. Else these jackos would be zooming into your e-cigie/mini-pipe & not your laptop bag. Did you joked with any check-in officer(s)/security staff along the way while checking in?
I remember many many years ago (way before 911), I encountered the same treatment like yours today when checking-in at the San Francisco airport to Amsterdam when I joked with the KLM checked-in lady officer that Amsterdam city must be full of weeds? Next thing I know, she put a big RED circle on my boarding-pass & told me that I had been randomly selected for 'extra security check' & not due to discrimination/ostracism, and I was made to go thru yours today routine, and worst I had two check-in luggage. Since then, I become very careful about joking with airliner check-in officer especially lady.

icemangrafx

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
L.A
Hi TB,

Never did joke around with the check-in officer. Just my luck maybe..The mini pipe has a smoother draw to it. It just need fully charged batt and that's y the 4pcs of batt comes in handy. Too flooded will slow the burning of the atty, too dry will have a burn taste from the atty. If all is just nice, clouds of vapor produced... 8-o

Only time wil tell how long the atty can lasts. Only one complain is that, some batt will have good contact and some don't..else, all is good. :D

Regards,
Jay

traderblue

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2008
Singapore
Hi TB,

Never did joke around with the check-in officer. Just my luck maybe..The mini pipe has a smoother draw to it. It just need fully charged batt and that's y the 4pcs of batt comes in handy. Too flooded will slow the burning of the atty, too dry will have a burn taste from the atty. If all is just nice, clouds of vapor produced... 8-o

Only time wil tell how long the atty can lasts. Only one complain is that, some batt will have good contact and some don't..else, all is good. :D

Regards,
Jay

Have try vaping your mini-pipe on board the flight when stewardess were striding pass your seat? And when they turned and look at your vapor with lost-looked?

traderblue

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2008
Singapore
For everyone's info. 13 people were fined and warned for selling and possessing e-cigs / e-cigars in Singapore.

This is stupid. We e-smoke to quit, not the other way around. My guess is, the e-cigs are not taxable items.

Search google for e cigarettes asiaone.

I can't post links yet.

Do you know that Singapore is no. 154 in terms of media freedom? North Korea is no. 160.
See the similarities.. Father -> Son -> Grandson regime, another similarities coming soon.

skywalk

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2009
Malaysia
E-cigs helped me to quit analogs, which i've been smoking for the past 18 years. My lungs have cleared in the past 2 months of being analog-free, and I haven't felt this good in a long time. Being fined in Singapore for doing something healthy is utterly ridiculous. i hope the authorities wake up their bl--dy idea and acknowledge that this will HELP singaporeans, lower the rates of cancer and cardiovascular disease, and reduce the incidents of stroke.

benme23

Mar 25, 2010
SG
I know man, i live here. Any ideas on where I can get my hands on an e-ciggy?

heard from many forums that it's available through some quiet dealers. any advise on how i can get one?

we have gum here, but only those nicotine gums or for cleaning your teeth.

Bubblegum is a strict nono in this "Lovely" country

Yeah, me also looking for e-ciggy... wan to order online worry kena confisticated.. Locally also dunno where to find... sianz...

Ardo

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Tallinn, Estonia
For everyone's info. 13 people were fined and warned for selling and possessing e-cigs / e-cigars in Singapore.

This is stupid. We e-smoke to quit, not the other way around. My guess is, the e-cigs are not taxable items.

Search google for e cigarettes asiaone.

I can't post links yet.

I guess they´re lucky they had their hands intact:D

iwannaquitanalogs

Mar 31, 2010
singapore
SINGAPORE: Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan has expressed alarm at the emergence of various oral forms of tobacco, also known as smokeless tobacco. These include dissolvable smokeless tobacco strips that give a nicotine fix without smoke.
In his latest blog entry, Mr Khaw cited a Wall Street Journal report that highlighted how Reynolds American Inc, the maker of the Camel and Pall Mall brands of cigarettes, was countering its falling cigarette sales by offering a range of smokeless alternatives, including strips and lozenges.
The report also quoted Reynolds’ CEO as saying: "I believe these products can drive our sustainability into the future".
Mr Khaw fears that such dissolvable products could take the form of nicotine candy targeted at children, potentially making them life—long addicts.
Not only do these products appeal to women, Mr Khaw noted that they also enable smokers to continue their habit in smoke—free places such as offices.
In light of this, Mr Khaw said there is a need to amend the Tobacco Control Act and a Bill will be introduced soon.
Even the title of the current Act, the Smoking (Control of Tobacco) Act, has to be amended to "reflect the new reality", he wrote.

Link : sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20100408/tap-719-health-minister-expresses-alarm-231650b.html

Do you guys think they are targeting e-cigarettes in a broader range?

icemangrafx

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
L.A
Hi,

I thinkI think they are. E-cig is not a cessation device,(although it can be), but it is the closest to reality of an anolog cig. The "vapor" like smoke, the nic the smoker gets, the normal habit with the hands and fingers minus all other bad stuffs which is more harmful in the analogs. If kids using/vape these, the smoke gives out that they are "vaping" at under age..Then, they should be fine. But if it turns out to be like a candy.. this is much more harmful because they are more stealth in reality...

Just my 2cents..

Regards,
Jay

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
SINGAPORE: Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan has expressed alarm at the emergence of various oral forms of tobacco, also known as smokeless tobacco. These include dissolvable smokeless tobacco strips that give a nicotine fix without smoke.
In his latest blog entry, Mr Khaw cited a Wall Street Journal report that highlighted how Reynolds American Inc, the maker of the Camel and Pall Mall brands of cigarettes, was countering its falling cigarette sales by offering a range of smokeless alternatives, including strips and lozenges.
The report also quoted Reynolds’ CEO as saying: "I believe these products can drive our sustainability into the future".
Mr Khaw fears that such dissolvable products could take the form of nicotine candy targeted at children, potentially making them life—long addicts.
Not only do these products appeal to women, Mr Khaw noted that they also enable smokers to continue their habit in smoke—free places such as offices.
In light of this, Mr Khaw said there is a need to amend the Tobacco Control Act and a Bill will be introduced soon.
Even the title of the current Act, the Smoking (Control of Tobacco) Act, has to be amended to "reflect the new reality", he wrote.

Link : sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20100408/tap-719-health-minister-expresses-alarm-231650b.html

Do you guys think they are targeting e-cigarettes in a broader range?

Yes. The master plan of the tobacco control community is to eliminate all forms of tobacco. They are nicotine abolitionists, and this is a global effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread