E-Turbo Atomizer vs. Stardust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodasafa

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Crystal Lake, IL - USA
So very close to placing my first order to get on the e-cig train and I'm still stuck on cartos.

Anyone have experience using:
E Turbo Atomizer
vs.
GotVapes VISION eGo Stardust

These would be used on a Kgo.

I want to try the Fluxomizers from gotvapes, but there out of stock:
GotVapes FLuXomizer™ DeLuXe

If the E-Turbos work that would be ideal since I'll be ordering my Kgo kit from Dark City Vapors and I would like to throw more bizz to Bill if I can because he has been super helpful in e-mails.

And is the E-Turbo really an Atomizer, seems like a CE or Clearomizer to me?

Last edited:

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
E-Turbo Atomizer vs. Stardust?

So very close to placing my first order to get on the e-cig train and I'm still stuck on cartos.

Anyone have experience using:
E Turbo Atomizer
vs.
GotVapes VISION eGo Stardust™ 1.6ml TC Carto 2.5-2.8 ohm CLEAR [gv-visionstardust-2.5] - $4.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers mods juice and more

These are exactly the same. They may vary very slightly as they appear to be diff manufacturers. They are the same resistances. I have 5 of these, I like them they perform well.

I want to try the Fluxomizers from gotvapes, but there out of stock: GotVapes FLuXomizer™ DeLuXe CLEAR NoTint 510 XL 1.8ml 2.4-2.6ohm [gotvapes-clr510XL2.4-ce2x] - $11.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

These I dont like very much. I bought and used 1. After the inside, top, rubber airhole/wick connector got burned, I actually removed it and the thing hits 3 times better than it ever did stock. Keep in mind these are my opinions.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I have used all diff kinds including the ratio you mentioned and I cant recall saying to myself this or that is better. I smoked 2+PAD of marl lights... I required 24mg to start. I am at 90 days today actually, and I am currently vaping mostly 6mg every now and then I will take a few hits of 12mg. I actually keep a tank full of 0nic so I can chain vape and not even think about it. So, I would recommend getting a small bottle of 18 and 24 and get a couple of each in diff flavors. EJuiceMonkey has a 5 pack for like $17 + shipping, and they have the ratio your looking for. Just specify it in the notes when ordering.

Bodasafa

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Crystal Lake, IL - USA
Stardusts are cheaper with the sale they have going on. I have a few more questions for anyone who can answer please.

I assume the LR are the 2.1-2.4 ohms?

Whats they lifespan I should expect from these?

Is there a video on cleaning them for longer lifespan?

How long till I need to clean it?

What do I need to do when I first get it (breaking in wise)?

What is "priming" and do I need to do it with these?

What do you think of the new GotVapes Fluxo Supremes? Better choice than stardusts?

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
yes
I have 2 that are at least 10 weeks old, still working great
yes, use the google ecf search box(top right)
when the flaver/vapor is reduced, or u want diff flavor
fill it w juice and spin, maybe take 1 or 2 easy dry hits (no power)
no
IMHO, they suck, they leak, you get juice in your mouth. At least the first 3 out of the 5 pk do
;)

Bodasafa

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Crystal Lake, IL - USA
Wow thanks for the fast response. I really appreciate it!

As a new guy I want to make sure I don't have a freakout period where I cant vape and fall off the wagon so to speak.

How many Stardusts would you recommend I pick up, at least 2?

I plan on getting a sample pack from Dark City, Peanut Butter Chocolate, French Vanilla, and Irish Cream in 5ml, 18mg str. and 1 more bottle of Turkish Tobacco 5ml 24mg str.

So that's 20ml with 2 different strengths. Would you recommend more? Where do you like to shop for juice?

Thanks so much for the help. Also open to opinions from anyone else that wants to share.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I think 2 is good, it depends on what PV you are using. It also depends on what other carts, attys, etc you have. I would get 1 standard resistance (SR), and 1 low resistance (LR). You need to have a whole lot more than just 2 stardusts. I dont know what Dark City is, but you def want a sampler pack with diff flavors and strengths. EJuiceMonkey.com has a 5 pack for like $16. I love their juice.
I'm sure others will chime in and offer opinions. Those juices will keep you from having a freak out period. Were here for you, just ask away. You can, and will do this.
Good Luck.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
OK, now were/your in business. I have about 6 of those batts. I have at least 10-15 diff attachments, if you will, attys, cartos, tanks, stardusts, cartridges, etc... It is a great, universal kit. I have a diff brand but the same product. You will be happy. You will come to find that this setup is one of, if not the most popular kits out there. You are going to want to get some "Boge" 2 ohm cartomizers, when you are ready for another purchase. They are far and away the best. They are a couple of bucks more and they are worth double that. That batt has 510 threads, which means the possibilities are endless.
You made a good choice.

Bodasafa

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Crystal Lake, IL - USA
I could probably pick up some boges at the same time. For 4 bucks I can get a 5 pack added to my kgo kit order.

Whats the great thing about these tho?

Also I'm wondering about consumable cost upkeep. I figure I am spending $38 a week on analogs. So if I get this kit and a few other things and spend about $80 it will be paid off in 2 weeks of not smoking. But what is the average upkeep cost of cartos/clearos and juice would you say?

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
That doesn't sound right. If you can get Boge cartomizers in a 5 pk for $4 you should buy 4 or 5 5packs. They are above and beyond any standard cartos out there. You will find that is not just my opinion. The polyfill inside is twice as dense as a reg carto, the coils are of a much better quality, they hit twice as good as the rest, etc.
I cant give you a avg # as far as my expenses go. I am at the 90 day mark of strictly vaping. For 15 yrs I smoked 2+PAD. So, as far as I'm concerned, there is no price to put on the value of this life saving venture. I have admittedly, spent a small fortune in the past couple of months, but a lot of it was unnecessary experimenting. I believe its safe to say that you will eventually get down to around $25 to $50 per month, once you dial it in.

Bodasafa

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Crystal Lake, IL - USA
The $4 is a special offer with the kit : Kgo Kit Dark City Vapors

Click the "Cartomizer Options" drop box. It does not state you get a 5 pack, but I read a review somewhere that it is a 5 pack, cause I can't see 1 unit costing 4 bucks. Especially since hes offering:

5 packs for $6.99 + free 5ml bottle of juice. I sent the owner of the site an e-mail to confirm, awaiting a reply.

But yeah if I can do $50 month max I would say that's a win considering analogs are running $165 a mo. This of course is just the financial benny, I already am sold on the health stuff.

Last edited:

Bodasafa

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Crystal Lake, IL - USA
I just checked out the dropdown box, as long as he confirms that those are 5 packs I would get 1 of the 2ohm and 1 of the 3ohm.
There are guys here that make their own juice (diy) and there are rebuildable attys, and they say they vape for like $5 or 10 bucks a month.

I may some day, but I don't want to break out the lab just yet to DIY the juice lol.

I'm trying to make the set up simple and easy so I can present this to others. I have a wife, parents, and brothers who all smoke analogs and if this can work for me I know it will for them too.

I can justify $50 a month no problem considering I drop over 50% more on analogs.

What would you recommend for a carrying case?

Foxman

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Trussville al
I may some day, but I don't want to break out the lab just yet to DIY the juice lol.

I'm trying to make the set up simple and easy so I can present this to others. I have a wife, parents, and brothers who all smoke analogs and if this can work for me I know it will for them too.

I can justify $50 a month no problem considering I drop over 50% more on analogs.

What would you recommend for a carrying case?

Your making a good start. The Stardusts are EASY to clean. They give Great Vape. There easy to fill and take care off. I use one at a time and when it gets almost out of juice, I'll refill it 3 or 4 times like that and then wash it out and get another one and let the one I washed out sit for a few days to dry out. That means if you use 2 of them in a month then thats 10.00 a month for the system and how ever much you spend on Juice. The BIGGEST expence you have when starting out is the battery system you go with. once you get your battery setup done it's CHEAP to vape for the month.

Bodasafa

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Crystal Lake, IL - USA
Thanks for the reply Fox.

So I did a search for how to clean the Stardusts, says you just take off the drip tip and run warm water into it?

How long do I let it dry for?

What is a "dry burn"? Suck on it while pressing the battery? How many times? Doesn't that taste like hell?

Also trying to get a handle on how much juice I will need. 1ml a day?

Also is there any juices I should be warry of that might crack the tank, Ive heard cinnamon is bad (but not into that), but I may want to try some citrusy type stuff.

Also I added a LR 306 atomizer to my order so I can test juices before I put them in a Stardust.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
There is no need to apologize. If the moderators deem it necessary they will simply move this thread to a general discussion area or something along those lines. We are here to help, thats the point of this forum.
As far as dry burning, its something you need to use the ECF google search box on the top right side. Its not really something thats too critical for the first few weeks. People even have their own opinions weather or not to do it at all. I personally like the results the coils get from it, others will never do it. You run the risk of destroying the coils if you aren't carefull.
This is the case I own
Black Large eGo Carrying Case
There are also cases w batts built in and the case actually charges your batts while your on the go. They run around $35.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread