Not open for further replies.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
Couldn't find an answer when I quickly scanned the threads... So...

I just can't get good flavor... vaping a COV E2 and filled them with a few liquids that perform well dripping...
But it still tastes like diet vaping... not full flavor...

The other problem is the E2 gets hot too quickly...

any advice?

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
First, what are you vaping on? If they're from COV they're probably ohmed for 3.7v (well, eGo and 510 batts are really 3.2)

Second, it might be the wicking...especially since it's getting hot quickly (specific heat from juice helps keep it cool). I'd suggest either badkolo's ptb mod, or pulling up the wicks, cutting the loops in half, and twisting them to de-braid them to improve wicking (suggested by someone...I need to find out who for future reference...in the big long thread).

Oh, and also try holding your PV either level, or with the battery end pointed up so that juice flows toward the coil.

More juice more quickly on the coil as it heats it = more flavor :)

Oooh, and I'm not sure but I would imagine that since different gadgets bring out different flavors more, it might be the particular flavors you're trying. I have a lime that comes out real strong, for instance.

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
I can vouch for Badkolo's ptb mod. It's on his YouTube videos, and is pretty simple. You just cut the wicks out (up to the ceramic cup, that is) and then slide in some ptb strips that have been folded and those will work as your wicks. The taste is 100% better. Also, do a good hot water rinse and dry burn before using them the first time.

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
I dd get the E2 to work better, but it still seems that I get more of a diffused flavor on my liquid,,,

That's the wicking failure. Happens a lot. Badkolo's PTB mod cures that. I've been vaping on my C2 for about an hour and a half, now, and it hasn't stopped wicking at all...and I haven't had to refill...chainvaping...sweet Mary and Joseph, I'm in heaven.

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Ah to reach that vaping Nirvana we all seek....
I'm going to wait till the new versions come out and see how they are before ordering (plus I may have the money by then too).

Good call. Unfortunately, I have the patience of a hummingbird on crack, so I've resorted to becoming an e-cig engineer's apprentice. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread