E2 Cartomizers (Version 4): My Take

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Okay all, so I purchased the new E2 Cartomizers (V4), with bated breath, hoping that the wicking/leaking issues would be fixed. They were. These things vape great. They do everything they're supposed to do. However...

They taste like rubber. At least, to me they do. Now, keep in mind that I'm very, very, very sensitive to smells/tastes. My husband always tells me that I should be a taste-tester or a chef because I can pick up absolutely any and every flavor in anything (and because I'm an amazing cook, of course ;) ). Unfortunately when it comes to vaping, I see this as a curse.

So if you're like me and have 'princess and the pea' taste buds, you probably aren't going to like the Version 4 E2's for the rubber-taste reason alone. Aside from that, they work superbly.

I'm gonna stick with my V3's and just continue doing badkolo's ptb mod. The flavor is amazing...they do leak a bit, but I'd rather deal with the leaking issues than have to taste rubber while I vape.

UPDATE:

I've been told from various ECF folks that I should attempt a dry-burn or rinse before using these, and apparently the taste improves tremendously. I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow and post my findings.

Last edited:

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Hah, some people are cursed w/ extra sensitive taste buds. After being smoke free for almost a year mine isn't bad either. I haven't got any 'off' flavor on the r4' I'm using. I have on the r3's w/ primer, even after dry burning. It'd take a dozen puffs or so to open up. BTW, I'm currently using a r4 808 XL. I do have some 510's to try as well.

I understand a lot of the r4 510's aren't the full versions and some may have glue/silicone at the base. I'd still try the dry burn. Never can hurt to try that. Keep us posted.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Thanks Pheisty- besides the harder draw (vs standard cartomizers) on the CE-2 I could not quit put my finger on what was "off" for me with these. After reading your post that is it. The vape is clean but there was always "something" a little weird about my favorite juices in these. I will watch for your follow up post.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
My liquids that taste great when I drip, taste like hot plastic.....I somehow think that IF the battery end threads on the 510 ce2 r4's were brass like an joye 510 Atty~I can hit that like crazy... dripn, and the steel tube stays relatively cool /warm --> NOT HOT and the threads are brass also in my ego Mega battery .....try it? BRASS instead of steel would make a big difference. Because the steel is transferring the heat to the tube and the plastic or silicone touching the inside tube (I believe) emits that odor ...... or just the contact point in the threads (THE POST) ....because the first few hits are perfect...... Until the carto gets hot then bam PLASTIC TASTE! I think if someone can make this design and make it completely of brass and steel (even the cap that has the needle ports..... IT WOULD BE A PERFECT but it'll make it a non disposable permanent carto........*technology inclined individuals needed*.........?? I don't think a wick or filler is needed or healthy for that matter! Burning and inhaling filler can't be good. Or if you use plastic..... make brass (o ring) seals to surround it preventing the least plastic to steel contact. Just thinking?....... out loud, probably not feasible? I'm thinking at least brass battery contacts on the r4 !

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Tried vaping 3 that tasted burnt like plastic VERTICALLY AND THE TASTE OF THE JUICE CAME THROUGH PERFECTLY. WEIRD WAY to vape I'm going back to filler cartos. I can smoke those upside down w/o problems. These are a PITA. I THOUGHT THE NEWEST VERSION WOULD BE. AWESOME. I THOUGHT WRONG! WASTING TOO MUCH MONEY AND GETTING FRUSTRATED

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
in all honesty pheisty i would pop that one open, either its not a full r4 and isa semi r4 with silicone and/or has afl filler in it.

thats the only thing i can think of, i have many r4's here and they are the real ones and i havent nor has my brother who also has sensitive taste buds, tasted anything rubbery, now im only using the re r4 so i dont have bad ones or ones with filler to test .

even though they removed the primer I would SUGGEST TO THE A 10 SECOND DRY BURN REGARDLESS.
the other issue i mentioned in many posts is the ohm, many vendors dont have the higher ohm r4's

ive been using the r4's for 6 days now and my main 2 issues are the filler plug, now while i dont need it so its not a issue for me it will be for some, some dont like using needles and the holes are kind of small so you need to remove it to fill, but they dont leak so again not a issue for me.

the only real issue i had is that while they wick better i sometimes can get a dry taste every once in a blue, this wasnt a issue like the older ones , it does seem to wick much better then older versions when using the proper ohm e2., but i modded mine with ptb just becuase it works that much better.

A sent a email for an order i had and i asked in it to switch to the newer hard tipped 2ml pipette and they replied that is exactly what they are doing so the needle should be gone form the equation soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread