E3 error code

Status
Not open for further replies.

learman96

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
Wayne, PA
Left my 2 week old provari inside my car for a few hours last night ( 32deg outside ), when I came back I got the E3 error code after the 1st few drags, no way it could of been from overheating, like a good provari it did not allow me to vape until the problem was fixed. I got home and took the batt out and back in, no problems ever since. Should I contact provari or should I not worry about it?

Sicarius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
NZ
If it's getting that cold just remember that Lithium batteries are not built for low temperature operation.

Low temperature operation

Chemical reaction rates decrease in line with temperature. (Arrhenius Law) The effect of reducing the operating temperature is to reduce rate at which the active chemicals in the cell are transformed. This translates to a reduction in the current carrying capacity of the cell both for charging and discharging. In other words its power handling capacity is reduced. Details of this process are given in the section on Charging Rates

Futhermore, at low temperatures, the reduced reaction rate (and perhaps contraction of the electrode materials) slows down, and makes makes more difficult, the insertion of the Lithium ions into the intercallation spaces. As with over-voltage operation, when the electrodes can not accomodate the current flow, the result is reduced power and Lithium plating of the anode with irreversible capacity loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread