Error code E8 blip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
I have an Aerotank currently on my Provari, and was happily vaping away when I thought I would top it up. I left it for a while, switched to my dripper for a few minutes and then put the Aerotank back on.

I thought I would check the resistance but it showed code 'Op' which I read means ohms pending due to not seeing the contact properly. I cleaned the connections with an alcohol swab, checked my dripper and it said 1.8. Put the tank back on and when I tried checking resistance 'E8' popped up. My heart sank when I saw it!

Put the tank on a mech mod and it worked fine. Put it back on the Provari and it read 2.0. Now it reads 2.0 every time and vapes perfectly. Do I have a problem here? Does it only need looking at if the E8 stops it from working?

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
Frorm the manual:

• E8 – Converter has detected a fault – Contact ProVape is this persists

I get E8 errors if I check ohms and hold the button to have a vape as soon as the display turns off. When exiting the "show me the ohms" mode, it throws the error. If I wait before pressing the button, the error does not appear. I suppose an occasional E8 error is nothing to worry about.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
Sounds like the coil part might have unscrewed itself from the base slightly, and was only making intermittent contact. That happened to me once too.

To be honest I'm finding that the Aerotank is a pain for that. Sometimes I'll go to refill and it takes 1-2 turns to seat it back. I guess I wasn't noticing it too much on a mech mod. I'm just trying to keep calm and take a little comfort that the Provape description of the code says to contact them if it persists, not if it happens just once :D

Edit: Actually when I think about it, I'm sure the reading jumped from 1.1 to 2 and I did try to tighten it after seeing the code. Hopefully it was just some trapped juice after refilling!

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Provape said:
The E1 and E2 errors appear when you are running the voltage too high for the resistance of your atomizer/cartomizer. The E8 tends to be a chain reaction to this. Now, since the voltage was running too high, the converter did detect a fault because the amperage was being pushed past it's limit.

Error Code Compilation

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK

Thanks, that's very helpful :D It may have been me playing with my very small RDA and a microcoil beforehand. There's not much room in there at all and the air hole is tiny. I'll leave that one off the Provari, it's vaping like a champ again with the tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread