Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
The user manual is on Provapes website but this is the list of error codes & what they stand for straight from the site...

• E4 – Input Voltage to DC/DC converter error - Contact ProVape.
• E5 – Converter has a problem - Contact ProVape.
• E6 - Microprocessor has a problem – Contact ProVape.
Error Codes
Errors – There are a number of safety monitors built into the ProVari and its always checking for problems. If a problem is detected the display will show a two digit error
code for 4 seconds alerting you of a problem. The following are the error codes:
• E1 – Short Circuit / Shorted Atomizer – If this error appears, remove the atomizer and replace with a different one
or lower your voltage settings. The ProVari will automatically reset when the problem is fixed.
• E2 – Current Limit Exceeded – If this error appears, lower the voltage on the device or use a higher resistance
atomizer. Once the problem has been fixed, the ProVari will reset itself.
• E3 – Thermal Monitor – If this error appears, let the device cool off for several minutes before using again.
• E7 – Voltage output detected when there should be none – This can be caused by a converter fault or by an open atomizer. Only contact ProVape if you know the atomizer is good and the problem persists.
• E8 – Converter has detected a fault – Contact ProVape is this persists.

Have you tried another clearo or carto?

vang0gh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Plainfield, IL, USA
I just got my provari today and I get an E8 error code when checking ohms for more than 3seconds. Any idea?

When you get to "AO", just let it sit there and display the ohms. Don't hold down/press the button. I get an E8 error too if I hold the button down while it's trying to display the ohms.

scscheib

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Pittsburgh,PA,USA
When you get to "AO", just let it sit there and display the ohms. Don't hold down/press the button. I get an E8 error too if I hold the button down while it's trying to display the ohms.

I just got my Provari two days ago and same thing happened to me and vangOgh is dead on with the problem I had. It hasn't happened again. One time only! BTW did I mention how flippin AWESOME this thing is. I bought a temp topper while I wait for my Kayfun Lite Plus, IBTanked various tanks, VM, VX, Prometey, and Achilles, but I have a feeling I may keep this in my rotation as it is an excellent topper. Maybe I just need to buy more Provari's, lol. What color should I make my next one?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread