EA M Tank up for Beta Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
So, I was skimming around my usual checkups of my favorite vendors, and Electric Angel announced today that they're sending out 25 of their new tanks for beta testing. I'm a big fan of my EA mod, so I thought I'd give Mika a hand in getting the word out. :)

Link on Electric Angel: EA M Tank Beta (only one per customer) | electricangel

And here's a video Mika also released explaining it: EA M Tank - YouTube

I know that 70 Euros for a beta test is kind of strange, but considering the finished tank will be around 150 Euros (and the finished product will be offered for 35 Euros to the testers), I don't think it's a bad deal at all, considering at the end you'll get two tanks for less than the cost of one.

All that considered, I think it’s going to be a promising rebuildable tank. It has a slight look and design of the Odysseus (is anyone surprised?), but the interior appears original. I’m just hoping it won’t require nonresistance wire!

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
just so you guys know, it's pretty awesome....

IMAG0386.jpg

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
Details man.. we want details! LOL

well so far it's pretty leaky.....flooding out the airflow cap when i was using straight 500 mesh, switched to silica and it plugged the leak at the 510, however the tank section has no o-rings, and the compression threading wasn't holding back the flood, however, in terms of usage, it's the best silica type atomizer i've used to date, this is coming from the owner of a penelope and ody, definitely good flavor, and it works great on the EA, especially with the airflow cap (i've tried it with both caps)

next try: silica, NR wire run up to a piece of non-oxidized mesh, using mesh as the coil with the silica keeping the leaks away.....the tank leakage i'm going to attempt to fix with a small strip of teflon tape, i've been emailing mika at EA daily for the last few days over all the issues.

as far as how it's built, there is a capture ring that acts as the ground, the positive connection is directly on the positive post of the atomizer (which i might add is an all-brass center post) and is captured by a threaded piece that is insulated by a couple of o-rings.....next time i build it i'll give you guys some more pictures.

icefogg

May 18, 2011
raleigh, nc
I got mine today and it came with no screws and 1 less o-ring, but i robbed one from another tank i had. No leaking so far with mine, and i did a mesh build. Kind of of pain for the first build having to use tools and almost needing a extra hand to get the center pin in. But to be expected in a new product and first time in hand. But man it really is built well and great vape for build number one!

#270 mesh with #28 kanthal with 2 stacked 3.7 powerizers

Last edited:

icefogg

May 18, 2011
raleigh, nc
as far as how it's built, there is a capture ring that acts as the ground, the positive connection is directly on the positive post of the atomizer (which i might add is an all-brass center post) and is captured by a threaded piece that is insulated by a couple of o-rings.....next time i build it i'll give you guys some more pictures.[/QUOTE]

there are two screw holes in the top of what i guess you call the base that very small screws are received in that secure the ground. the capture ring sit on those screws.

icefogg

May 18, 2011
raleigh, nc
I took one of those extra orange o rings that came with the aga-t and put around where the mouth piece seats to act as a gasket. I kept my mesh wick inside the channel so the mouth piece can seat on that o ring when fully closed. i just open a turn, take a pull without firing, and then fire as normal. But you also have to have that o ring that fits around the centerpin. there has to be one around bottom where the threads are and one around the larger section or top. i have spare parts for my buzz pro and it has and o ring that goes on the top cap that fits perfectly, and the top cap screw i used to go in the base screw holes to secure the ground. I left it sitting overnite and have no neaks yet.

Last edited:

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
i got my leaks under control as well....the trick is that it needs to be super dry when putting it together for the tank section to not leak, as far as the o-rings on the center pin, i've got those, i was almost happy to be getting dry hits this morning when i woke up (let it sit overnight and no flooding out the 510) that's using a looped silica wick, i used 3mm silica with two of the threads removed to achieve this....i'm really enjoying it right now with a little opening up on the mouthpiece.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread