Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
20200216_120658.jpg About a week or so ago I decided to drag all my old diy out and throw something together. I had made the decision to post my recipes online many months ago. The specific reason didn't change in the time lapse.

It's a little picture in my life compared to my hat.

So I finally got around to it. My first action was to look online through my phone for a recipe, as all mine were on two unplugged computers. (And hundreds of notes)

I started writing down all these other peoples recipes. Ones I had never seen before.

"Oh, that sounds good".

After I had written down a half dozen of these recipe's, I called myself an idiot.

"Seriously, what are you doing?"

"Alice, I've fallen down that rabbit hole again". I then knew the two recipes I was going to take a trip down memory lane with.

I've never been a "foodie". I'm concerned I could easily become one, and here's why.

I have a life rule about cookies. Its just a little flexible. I bake my own Oatmeal cookies. Their name is "Kitchen Sink Cookies". I started with the recipe on the box and kept going to see how much stuff I could add to them.

Everything else I buy. And I buy cheap. Within the past couple weeks I was in a Dollar store and purchased a small package of lemon cookies. Worked for me.

I tried to make an oatmeal cookie vape a few times and told myself to forget it, I already had the home run ball on that one.

It's my chuckle for posting imperfect recipes as flawed as I can explain.

Like my recipes, my oatmeal cookies are over flavored. :)

Bouncing my math. (Cringe) it's like hearing a teacher instruct the children to get out the math books and you hear groans in the classroom.

I assigned a loose number to most every flavor, in regards to their "strength". (AFTER I figured out what I was trying to do.) It's what allows me to work with different manufacturers. I tried to stay with in the floating limits I used. (This is that groan I was referring to.)

For example. 4% of a flavor (manufacturer 1) takes only 1% by a different manufacturer, albeit with a slight change of taste due to specific nuances created by that manufacturer.

The lemon I was working around in this recipe was FA Lemon Sicily.

Diy'ers will tell you if you're baking a cake and want to taste just like the chef made it that you had, you must use exactly the same specific ingredients.

I post ballpark recipes. All of them. What I choose to create for personal use is what appeals to my taste buds. It's my concern of becoming a foodie. I just know this recipe can get better.

I gave it a 4.5. (Remember the cookies I like).

Posting a recipe like this is like the teacher saying it's time for a pop quiz to the mixologists who actually read my blather before the recipe. (Chuckle explained)

It also makes me wonder if anyone else has these inferior recipes in their files and thinks about giving them another trot around the track.

Not only have I been somewhat of a cloud factory, diy was working in my second one. I like high vg because it seems less of a throat issue.

That's the floating number.

Why not a Lemon Merange Pie instead of a cookie? l love that flavor of pie, but apple is my favorite. I found tons of recipes for them and made a few. They were ALL good to me.

I played with some apple pie ballpark recipes. I have a good example of that play waiting to be posted.

I found a lot of lemon cookie recipes as well, but I wanted to play with the Lemon Sicily. Its diy.

I didnt like my cakes. I could use cake as an enhancement but I missed on making a vape taste like a cake. I probably already had SUNRISE DANISH, or something similar in my vape rotation, so it didnt get a thought.

My first flavored vape that I liked was cigarette store blueberry muffin. (Taste bud jokes allowed here). I always had something close in that department on my desk., and yes I played diy there as well.

The points system I used also graded nuances. Delicates. Im guessing this is a 2016 mid summer recipe.

Lemon Cookie

Tpa Sugar Cookie. 4%
FA Lemon Sicily 4%
FA Vienna Cream. 1%
Tpa Sweet Cream . 1%

Tweaks. (My turn to groan).

What cookie am I aiming for? Creamy filling, or baked?

Vanilla Tahiti ?

My notes had this. TRY add 1 Vienna, TRY add 1 cookie.

Why not another cookie? Or brand.

"It's the rabbit hole, Alice".

Truly yours,

Greg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread