ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Eastmall points are worth nothing in the redeeming sense,

they are accumulated and used to change your status,

as you accumulate points they are credited automatically to your account,
and as they accumulate your member status is upgraded to
Bronze, Silver and then Gold.

with each upgrade of member status, you will get a percentage reduction on all your future orders.

Please read more here -------

www.EastMall.net Eastmall International Co.,Ltd

Di,
I did read the entire page, hence my question.
I especially made note of this excerpt

"When buying with Points,you will still have to select another payment method if there is not enough in your Shopping Points Account to cover the cost of your purchase."

I did not see anywhere to use the points to make the purchase I had.

I also did not read anything about the points being used for member status.
Where do I find what my member status is?

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
I actually rewrote this page a while back to make it clearer and remove the "engrish", but it won't be used until the new site goes live:

To thank you all for your support, we've decided to give something back by offering future incentives to all of our loyal customers! All members will will now earn 1 Reward Point for every 1 dollar spent (even on already discounted items!), and we've added 3 different membership tiers that our members can earn at Eastmall. Each tier will earn greater discounts on all items listed in our online store. Once you've earned enough points, your membership will be automatically upgraded to the next tier.

Here's how it works:
  • Regular members (below 1000 shopping points) - Pay regular listed price.
  • Silver members (1001-3000 shopping points) - Receive a 4% discount.
  • Gold members (Above 3000 shopping points) - Receive a 10% discount.

After an order is paid, the total amount of the order (less shipping fees, if applicable) will be used to calculate the number of points earned. These points are added to your Eastmall account automatically.

For example:
Order Total: $100.00 USD
Points Earned: 100

You must be logged in to your Eastmall account in order to view your accumulated points total.

Please note: During holidays or special occasions, shopping points will be doubled (or more)! We will be sure to give all of our customers prior notice on the website and forum beforehand.

Product Restrictions

Currently, no restrictions apply to which items qualify for membership tier discounts.

Points for Referrals

Whenever you refer a friend to Eastmall using the "Recommend Eastmall to a friend" feature on the home page, we will add 10 points to your account. Your friend must be a new customer, they must follow the link in the email sent to them by our system in order for your account to be properly credited for the referral. Points will be awarded after your referral makes their first purchase.

Earning Points for Writing Product reviews

"Writing a review is an ego boost knowing others have read your opinions, and maybe even followed your advice."

Sharing your product reviews will assist us in continually improving our products and services to you, as well as help others to choose the right products. Therefore, we would like to reward you for writing quality reviews by adding 5 Reward Points to your account!

Your Review must meet all of the following conditions:
  • Your Reviews must be original (no duplicate content, or reuse of review material already written by others).
  • Reviews must be clear and concise on the product you are reviewing (stay on topic!).
  • Be truthful and objective.
  • Reviews should not include any form of spam, commercial or advertising content or links.
  • Reviews should not abuse, harass, or threaten another's personal safety.
  • Reviews should not be considered offensive toward any gender, race/ethnicity, creed, or otherwise.

Eastmall International Co.,Ltd reserves the right to refuse or remove any review that does not comply with the above conditions.
Eastmall International Co.,Ltd staff reserves the right to correct spelling and grammatical errors.
Eastmall International Co.,Ltd is not responsible or liable in any way for ratings and reviews posted by its customers.

Conditions of Use
  • Shopping Points are only available to registered Eastmall International Co.,Ltd members.
  • Shopping Points can only be collected through online purchases, and are only valid at Eastmall International Co.,Ltd.
  • Points are non-refundable and cannot be transferred between members.
  • Shopping Points are non-transferable or exchangeable for cash under any circumstances.
  • Shopping Points will not be refunded for any cancelled order.
  • If there are not enough points in you account to cover the entire cost of your purchase, you will need to select another payment method to cover the remainder.

Please note, we reserve the right to make changes to this policy at any time without prior notice or liability.

Questions or Concerns

For any queries regarding our Reward Point Program, please contact us. Please be sure you provide as much information as possible in the e-mail.

Last edited:

clark8876

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
Perth, Australia
Conditions of Use
  • Shopping Points are only available to registered Eastmall International Co.,Ltd members.
  • Shopping Points can only be collected through online purchases, and are only valid at Eastmall International Co.,Ltd.
  • Points are non-refundable and cannot be transferred between members.
  • Shopping Points are non-transferable or exchangeable for cash under any circumstances.
  • Shopping Points will not be refunded for any cancelled order.
  • If there are not enough points in you account to cover the entire cost of your purchase, you will need to select another payment method to cover the remainder.
Chris, I think the last dotpoint under Conditions of Use is a typo. It refers to redeeming the points on a purchase which EM doesn't do anymore.

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
Chris, I think the last dotpoint under Conditions of Use is a typo. It refers to redeeming the points on a purchase which EM doesn't do anymore.

Agreed, although it may not be a typo, it just might need clarification. For instance, it might mean "for gift cards", or it might mean "if, after the discount, your payment method does not contain sufficient funds, you will need to select another payment method before the order can be processed". Di and I need to get together with David and make sure everything on every page is clear and concise. But that was my rough draft rewrite of the page, and I hope it at least helped to clear up how this system works for some people.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Yes, it can be confusing = there is still some relics from the old site in there, and some from the new startup also, some people have some points redeemed from the old site into giftcards which they can apply against purchases in this site, and some people have giftcards which can be applied. it can be very confusing - hahahhaahah
we will try to get it sorted by the new year.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
The only points available for applying to order payments are those in giftcards,
members can buy giftcards to value of points,
therefore the recipient would be able to use those points from the giftcard against an order purchase,
I think we need to reword this to read giftcard points-

as =

When buying with ** GiftCard Points ** ,you will still have to select another payment method if there is not enough Points in your ** GiftCard ** to cover the cost of your purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread