Easy way to dry attys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash69

Nov 29, 2009
North Carolina
Drying ATTY after Crest Pro soaking

After using SATTEC'S Crest Pro soak method for 10 minutes, I rinse the atty in
hot water from the faucet. Then blow through both ends a couple of times to get most of the water out.

atty-dryer.jpg

Bend paper clip inner portion to 90 degree angle and form an L

Use this to hook on to computer's power supply exhaust fan (warm air)

Lay atty on outer section of paper clip (cart opening facing toward fan), directly in air flow path of power supply exhaust.

I hook my paper clip to the back of my desktop computer and let the warm air blow on it for 4 hours. Prime with 4 drops of e-juice, pop on a fresh cart, wait 5 minutes and then start vaping.

GL - Keep vaping

Last edited:

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Drying ATTY after Crest Pro soaking

After using SATTEC'S Crest Pro soak method for 10 minutes, I rinse the atty in
hot water from the faucet. Then blow through both ends a couple of times to get most of the water out.

View attachment 5686

Bend paper clip inner portion to 90 degree angle and form an L

Use this to hook on to computer's power supply exhaust fan (warm air)

Lay atty on outer section of paper clip (cart opening facing toward fan), directly in air flow path of power supply exhaust.

I hook my paper clip to the back of my desktop computer and let the warm air blow on it for 4 hours. Prime with 4 drops of e-juice, pop on a fresh cart, wait 5 minutes and then start vaping.

GL - Keep Vaping

Just be careful not to interfere with the fan rotation with the paper clip. This would be very noticeable if you did this when the computer is running. Would not be obvious if the computer is off when you hook this up.

Flash69

Nov 29, 2009
North Carolina
Very true. However, the fan is generally recessed enough so that if you slide the hook in with a little care, you shouldn't have any problems.

When I first did this setup, my computer fan was running and I did not encounter any problems (but then I'm a computer tech by trade).

It is probably better to hook the paper clip in place BEFORE turning on the computer. Just to be on the safe side.

GL - Keep VAPING

Flash69

Nov 29, 2009
North Carolina
I keep 4 atty in rotation, so the 4 hour drying time is just to be on the safe side. I usually just set it on the cradle and forget about it since I have 3 other attys to use.

After all, if you blow it out and then air dry, you are then putting 2-3 drops ejuice back on it. Wet is wet. We just don't want anything to "short out"

GL-Keep VAPING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread