Eating alot less?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P3rplexity

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Texas
Alright, well I've only been usin my PV for a few days now. It allowed to quit cold turkey off analogs, even when drinking I didn't have the need for one (I was sure I'd be puffin on an analog after drinking a little..... nope!) But I've noticed my appetite has really dropped.

Now, I'm not really heavy set to being with, I weighed 165-167 before I started vaping. In only 3 days I've dropped to 159 (I have been 165-167 for 3 years now, this is the biggest weight change I've seen since I went from 200-165 about 4 years ago)

I don't consider this to be a negative side effect at all, I was just curious if anybody else has noticed that they eat less food since they have started vaping. thanks

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Nicotine, like other stimulants, has an appetite suppression effect, its true. However, we are in general evidently taking in LESS nicotine than when we were smoking. So nicotine by itself may not be the whole story. I think that the sweetness of PG and especially VG, as well as many of the flavors, especially the sweeter ones, are acting to fool the brain into thinking we are snacking all the time. So my cravings for sweet snacks are largely gone, and I eat far less in the evenings, which for me has a big effect on my weight.

Yeah, total bonus! :D

P3rplexity

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Texas
Nicotine, like other stimulants, has an appetite suppression effect, its true. However, we are in general evidently taking in LESS nicotine than when we were smoking. So nicotine by itself may not be the whole story. I think that the sweetness of PG and especially VG, as well as many of the flavors, especially the sweeter ones, are acting to fool the brain into thinking we are snacking all the time. So my cravings for sweet snacks are largely gone, and I eat far less in the evenings, which for me has a big effect on my weight.

Yeah, total bonus! :D

Wow I hadn't even noticed, but I haven't had candy (not even on Halloween!) since I started vaping. At least once a day I will get an extreme sweet tooth and break down and usually get starbursts or something, and at least a couple times a week I'll get a massive chocolate need.

I haven't had a single urge for either! How incredible.

The Drizzle

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Washington, DC
I read some where that PG is metabolized as a carbohydrate, do you think that that has something to do with it? Couple that with the nicotine, and I think that we'd all notice a dip in appetite. I'm glad people are shedding inches, but be smart. As you stop smoking and start vaping, your body will have some healing to do. Try to eat well; lean protiens and don't be afraid of fruits and veggies, they're your friends ;). I feel so much better, and I've only been off cigarettes for a month! I have noticed that I haven't gained any weight, and everyone said I would. So, that's good right?:thumbs:

P3rplexity

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Texas
I read some where that PG is metabolized as a carbohydrate, do you think that that has something to do with it? Couple that with the nicotine, and I think that we'd all notice a dip in appetite. I'm glad people are shedding inches, but be smart. As you stop smoking and start vaping, your body will have some healing to do. Try to eat well; lean protiens and don't be afraid of fruits and veggies, they're your friends ;). I feel so much better, and I've only been off cigarettes for a month! I have noticed that I haven't gained any weight, and everyone said I would. So, that's good right?:thumbs:

Very good indeed! So many smokers I know who tried to quit always tell me during their quitting time (sometimes days, sometimes weeks,months,years) They always ate so much more.

So now we can have our cake and vape it too!

P3rplexity

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Texas
Sorry to burst everybody's bubble but I've gained weight. Of course I won't tell how much but will just say several pounds. Maybe I should go back to the real thing???:confused:

Well everyone reacts differently in some way I guess, What flavors do you usually use? And which strength? That may have some kind of factor.

I'm sorry to hear your not sharing this good effect with us, but pleaaaase don't go back to regulars.

I mean come on what's worse? Gaining some weight or inflicting cancer on yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread