Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
I use to be quite active on this forum but haven't in years. Reason being is I'm an OG Genisis user and have been cruising with them (and the same juice) all these years.

Seeing people with new mods I got to thinking I may need to upgrade my setup, and keeping the Genisis upright at all times can be a pain, especially when traveling. So...

Help me navigate the sea of new technology. Here's what I'm looking for:

• Size: I went to a local vapeshop and the size of the Voopoo Argus GT or vaporesso Target 200 is about what I'm looking for. Can be single or dual batt

• Ohm/wattage/vv: I am not into sub ohm vaping or chasing clouds! I am a MTL user. Problem is, most kits seem to be setup for sub ohm vaping.. I know you can get different tanks/coils so any suggestions for a 3.7v/8 watt/high nic/MTL user welcomed.

• Flavor: Coming from Genisis mods flavor is important.

I look forward to any and all suggestions. Biggest thing for me is to decide on mod and tank/coil for specs above.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: JCinFLA

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I look forward to any and all suggestions. Biggest thing for me is to decide on mod and tank/coil for specs above.

I don't have the Voopoo Argus GT or the Vaporesso Target 200, so I'm not sure how the dimensions of them compares to the following kit. But, it meets your other requirements and has been very popular among MTL vapers. I've bought several of them myself.

It's the Innokin Coolfire Z80 Zenith II Kit that came out about a year ago. It has a wattage range of 6-80W. Innokin has consistently had a great reputation for their mods and their tanks, and especially for the Coolfire Mod series and the various Zenith tanks. The Coolfire Z80 mod in the kit is the first in the Coolfire series that takes an external 18650 battery. Previous versions have all had a single internal battery. The new Zenith II tank has the largest capacity of any of the Zenith tanks.

The Z-coils that the Zenith tanks take are exceptional coils, IMO. They come in a wide range of ohms, from 0.3ohm-1.6ohm, and last a really long time...usually 11-14 days for me, and I'm a chain vaper. My favorite ones, since I'm a very low wattage MTL vaper, and don't want big clouds...are the 1.6ohm coils. The flavor with them is great, to me. The Z-coils are readily available online from US vendors and from vendors in China. However, there's 1 online vendor in Florida that always has them at the lowest price....just $6.10/box of 5 + S/H. When they run a sale they're usually only $5.67/box + S/H.

If you're interested in the kit, I'd check it out below. InnokinStore.com is an Innokin owned/run website, and they ship most products found on it from their own distributor located in Texas. That allows US buyers to receive their items faster, and pay less S/H than ordering it from their website in China. In fact, the S/H from InnokinStore.com is FREE for any order that's $59.99 or more. If you decide to get the kit...it comes with 2 of the Z-coils for the tank...1 that's 0.8ohm and 1 that's 0.3ohm. But, I have a huge stash of the Z-coils, since my all-time favorite tanks are the various Zeniths. So I'd gladly send you a couple 1.6ohm in a little bubble envelope, for you to try...for just the exact postage cost, which would be minimal since I'm located in FL. Just let me know if it's of interest to you, and I'll send you a private message. That way, you wouldn't need to pay the InnokinStore $10+ price for a box of the 1.6ohm coils just to try them. If/when you find out which ohms you like best, you can buy them for the much cheaper price from the vendor in Florida that I mentioned.

Here's the link:
CoolFire Z80 Zenith II Kit

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Are you looking for a rebuildable tank or a factory coil tank?

As for the mod, at 8 watts, you can pretty much pick whatever mod tickles your fancy that is readily available to you and it should last you a long time (but I would stay away from Smok if you can). Just make sure that it can be set to your low wattage because some mods have a lower limit of like 10 watts that you can set the mod to so a mod like that won't be very good for you, but there aren't many that have a lower limit of 10W. Make sure you research specs before you buy. Both mods you mentioned go down to 5 watts so you're good with either of those.

Reactions: Turbo

Turbo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2009
    Southeast/USA
    I don't have the Voopoo Argus GT or the Vaporesso Target 200, so I'm not sure how the dimensions of them compares to the following kit. But, it meets your other requirements and has been very popular among MTL vapers. I've bought several of them myself.

It's the Innokin Coolfire Z80 Zenith II Kit that came out about a year ago. It has a wattage range of 6-80W. Innokin has consistently had a great reputation for their mods and their tanks, and especially for the Coolfire Mod series and the various Zenith tanks. The Coolfire Z80 mod in the kit is the first in the Coolfire series that takes an external 18650 battery. Previous versions have all had a single internal battery. The new Zenith II tank has the largest capacity of any of the Zenith tanks.

The Z-coils that the Zenith tanks take are exceptional coils, IMO. They come in a wide range of ohms, from 0.3ohm-1.6ohm, and last a really long time...usually 11-14 days for me, and I'm a chain vaper. My favorite ones, since I'm a very low wattage MTL vaper, and don't want big clouds...are the 1.6ohm coils. The flavor with them is great, to me. The Z-coils are readily available online from US vendors and from vendors in China. However, there's 1 online vendor in Florida that always has them at the lowest price....just $6.10/box of 5 + S/H. When they run a sale they're usually only $5.67/box + S/H.

If you're interested in the kit, I'd check it out below. InnokinStore.com is an Innokin owned/run website, and they ship most products found on it from their own distributor located in Texas. That allows US buyers to receive their items faster, and pay less S/H than ordering it from their website in China. In fact, the S/H from InnokinStore.com is FREE for any order that's $59.99 or more. If you decide to get the kit...it comes with 2 of the Z-coils for the tank...1 that's 0.8ohm and 1 that's 0.3ohm. But, I have a huge stash of the Z-coils, since my all-time favorite tanks are the various Zeniths. So I'd gladly send you a couple 1.6ohm in a little bubble envelope, for you to try...for just the exact postage cost, which would be minimal since I'm located in FL. Just let me know if it's of interest to you, and I'll send you a private message. That way, you wouldn't need to pay the InnokinStore $10+ price for a box of the 1.6ohm coils just to try them. If/when you find out which ohms you like best, you can buy them for the much cheaper price from the vendor in Florida that I mentioned.

Here's the link:
    CoolFire Z80 Zenith II Kit

Thanks for the replies all and especially this one ⬆️ I hadn’t received any suggestions so I ordered a mod/tank a couple weeks ago, although I’ll look into those coils and may take you up on that!

What I ended up with is a Geekvape 18650 mod and a Nautilus 3 tank with 1.6ohm coils.

I didn’t see the need for a dual batt/bigger batt setup with my specs. I’m digging the setup so far.

To others feel free to keep chiming in as it could help other users looking for similar specs.

Reactions: JCinFLA

Turbo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2009
    Southeast/USA
    Are you looking for a rebuildable tank or a factory coil tank?

As for the mod, at 8 watts, you can pretty much pick whatever mod tickles your fancy that is readily available to you and it should last you a long time (but I would stay away from Smok if you can). Just make sure that it can be set to your low wattage because some mods have a lower limit of like 10 watts that you can set the mod to so a mod like that won't be very good for you, but there aren't many that have a lower limit of 10W. Make sure you research specs before you buy. Both mods you mentioned go down to 5 watts so you're good with either of those.
    Coming from Genisis wicks I’ll eventually get in rebuilding again but for now I’m interested in factory coils.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Thanks for the replies all and especially this one ⬆️ I hadn’t received any suggestions so I ordered a mod/tank a couple weeks ago, although I’ll look into those coils and may take you up on that!

You're welcome for my reply. I'm just sorry no one responded earlier with suggestions, especially since you posted May 22nd. That's pretty unusual on here. ;) Just saw Noweezy415's post pop up in Latest Replies today, so I came to check out the discussion. Please feel free to take me up on my offer if/when you get any 1 of the various Zenith tanks, or a Zlide, which takes the same Z-coils...and you want to try the 1.6ohm ones.

What I ended up with is a Geekvape 18650 mod and a Nautilus 3 tank with 1.6ohm coils.

GeekVape makes very good quality poducts, too, IMO. Many people here have multiples of their Aegis Series mods and/or kits [the Legends, Solos, Minis, Max, etc.]. The various Aspire Nautilus tanks are also pretty popular, and there are quite a few longtime fans of the original tanks, too. I'm glad you're liking that combination a lot. :thumb:

Reactions: Turbo
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread