How to choose good mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaronHarkonnen

Oct 21, 2019
Israel
Hello,

I’m in situation that I pretty much have to buy some kind of mod right now since mine are old and falling apart, buttons failing and sometimes don’t even power up.

but, from recommended mods online - almost none are sold here.

I want 21700 battery (I though that single will be sufficient, but dual is also up for consideration)
tank is MTL RTA
I do want to try TC mode, I might not commit to it, but I want to try. So at least decent chip.
Not overly expensive - for something premium I’m pretty much set on Dicodes mods, but it will take time until I’ll order one. In a mean time I just need something to get by (but not total garbage)
I’ve been thinking of something in sub 100$ range, even 50$ (if that’s even a reasonable request)

I wanted vaporesso Armour pro- but it’s gone from the market (well I still can get one but only in white color - maybe I should go with it?)
I also heard that Mad Box are good, but no one sells them here.

I’ve been offered Innokin MPV5 and Aegis Mini, bit they seem to have built in battery which I’m not sure about, and I don’t know about the chip etc.

For that reason I’m not asking for any specific model recommendation, chances are I won’t find them here...but rather a way to identify what mod will be decent and which won’t? By chip maybe? I can alternatively list every models that are sold in my country...

what do you think?

regards,
Vadim

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Sounds like you already know what you want: a2x700 or dual 18650 regulated mod with TC Ruggedized is a bonus and below $50. Hitting all of those doesn’t leave a lot of devices. Jackaroo or legend mostly. On sale they should both be very near the $50 mark. Neither is particularly small.

there’s also an ageis (Ageis one? I forget) that is basically another version of the mini that has a single removable 18650 battery. It’s a whit larger than the mini. It would do fine for MTL though.

BaronHarkonnen

Oct 21, 2019
Israel
The vaporesso omni 4 chip is superb for TC, so their Armour Pro would fit the bill if you can find one.

Asmodus Amighty 100w mod is rugged, 21700 and is amazing at TC

Thanks
Asmodus CKS Stride VR-80 TC MOD
Asmodus Minikin V2 180W Touch Screen TC MOD

Those two I found, not the amighty
Both of them seem 18650x2.

if for some reason you advice to go with Asmodus despite 18650 - instead of vaporesso - I’ll go for it. (I mean if it performes better then vaporesso)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Found eleaf estick Pico - looks nice, and I like the screw on battery cap, seems 18650, though it’s not the problem - it’s out of stock everywhere :(
They have two 21700 models as well. If you can order from overseas you can get the almighty from the UK or China.

BaronHarkonnen

Oct 21, 2019
Israel
Are you only able to order locally?
I can order online, but a lot of mentioned mods are out of stock online as well, but the main issue is I literally need to buy something tomorrow.
My first mod just died, my second one is glitching - does not see batteries, then it does it does not see the atomizer, then it does, but resistance values fluctuate from 0.88 to 1.33 ohm. I think it’s on the way to the retirement

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I can order online, but a lot of mentioned mods are out of stock online as well, but the main issue is I literally need to buy something tomorrow.
My first mod just died, my second one is glitching - does not see batteries, then it does it does not see the atomizer, then it does, but resistance values fluctuate from 0.88 to 1.33 ohm. I think it’s on the way to the retirement
Did you clean your battery contacts and 510 pin?

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I’m not asking for any specific model recommendation, chances are I won’t find them here...but rather a way to identify what mod will be decent and which won’t? By chip maybe? I can alternatively list every models that are sold in my country...
This is altogether too naive. The chipsets are all proprietary and there is no way to compare them between manufacturers. Besides, the task at hand doesn't demand a 16 core cutting-edge multi-threaded behemoth. Monitoring the voltage is mostly software. The way to distinguish quality is by the reviews of your fellow countrymen. Focus on reports of durability, as those speak the best to the quality of manufacture. Most mods die when they're dropped.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
There are complaints about the armour pro battery door, longevity might be a question. I was looking at it a couple weeks ago.

Aegis Solo has been very popular on the stocking up thread. A bunch of is have been picking them up online for around $25 on sales.

Jackaroo on a good sale has also been coming in at $20 - $25 including shipping.

Ehpro cold steel 120 has also been having some good sale prices.

I strictly use power mode, not sure if any of the above are good at TC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread