ecigexpress watered down flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
Just got my latest ecigexpress order, normally I order the 10ml size condensed flavors but my "adv" this time around I ordered a 30ml size of...its very watered down - the 10ml sized ones are dark yellow and when mixed w/ base a 30ml bottle of juice is tinted slightly yellow, this 30ml supposed condensed flavor bottle looks exactly like that already... I actually just vaped some straight and it was a lil strong but if I did that w/ the normal ones I get I would gag... opened a ticket w/ them but was wondering if anyone's had a similar experience w/ this company.

Last edited:

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I can't remember who it was from, not ECX, but I ordered a small bottle of strawberries and cream flavoring to try it, it was a 3ml bottle. I went to mix a DIY batch of something, put in a few drops and nada. No strawberry flavor. Then I looked real close at the tiny print on the tiny bottle and it was 12mg nic already mixed strawberries and cream. Not worth a fuss over for me, but I guess it does happen.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
I just got a ticket back saying FA must've changed the coloring and that's why it's pale yellow now...idk to me it seems watered down but I'll see how long it lasts me when I mix it... If I can't make at least 300ml of juice from it then I'll know it's watered down and won't order from them again. We'll see. Also pretty sure I couldn't vape straight from the last bottles I got but I never tried it so who knows...didn't seem nearly as strong as it should've been. Time will tell I guess, not about to mix a half liter of it just to see...

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
I can't remember who it was from, not ECX, but I ordered a small bottle of strawberries and cream flavoring to try it, it was a 3ml bottle. I went to mix a DIY batch of something, put in a few drops and nada. No strawberry flavor. Then I looked real close at the tiny print on the tiny bottle and it was 12mg nic already mixed strawberries and cream. Not worth a fuss over for me, but I guess it does happen.

The bottle label is the same and clearly says condensed flavor on it, just doesn't smell nearly as strong as normal and the color is much paler. Not the end of the world though lol, all good :)

Last edited:

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan, yearning for home
ECX is local to me (about 2 miles away, my nearest storefront) and I've had hit or miss luck with them. When I first started vaping, I got a bottle of their Premium Tobacco. It was great! I went back to get another bottle, and it seemed to be all throat hit with little or no vapor, and a different flavor. I have not been back since, although I think they deserve another chance.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
I don't think it was them - I was able to make 120ml of juice from 15ml of flavor...apparently FA changed the recipe and its now light yellow and crappy tasting. I got a ticket back from ecigs very quick and the guy told me their bottle is also light yellow so they must've changed it cuz they don't water down flavors - I believe him cuz the flavor went a long way it just sucks now compare to the old dark yellow stuff. I'm unhappy and have to resume my hunt for an "adv". I don't see a company responding that quickly but failing to do a good job, usually if they have good customer service they do good work. Bad companies don't bother responding generally.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Hypnotic mist. I'm so upset by this...I cannot express to you my disappointment. My favorite flavor and my "all-day vape" has been reduced to a one-dimensional, way too sweet and utterly plebeian mess....what a shame :(

Really sorry to hear this---that is quite a popular flavor too from what I recall reading in the DIY section :(

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
apparently they changed it once before too...used to be pink. Ya the flavor is completely diff't - same smell which is odd though and same color only much paler. Tried it in 2 diff't vivi's and 2 diff't 306's...same taste. No good, or rather OK just not anywhere near how good it used to be. I rly don't think it's ecigsexpress like I said either, I believe the guy and won't be ordering any more of this sadly. Off to find a new flavor I guess! Kinda fun so no hard feelings towards FA - still love all their other flavors and I'll vape this till it's gone just not w/ a smile on my face :grr:

Last edited:

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
Will do! Not sure when I'll be ordering direct though, since I need to get a few other things locally first. But if you have some cash to spare on trying again you could see how RTS's looks, even if you'll never be able to find out if his is old or new (unless it's clearer too), you'll at least get a quick shoot at finding a source for the older that you liked maybe.

Ordering directly isn't too expensive either, at least not for the smaller bottles + Shipping. Not sure how long the shipping takes though, but I have looked at the prices shipped and it's not too bad.

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
Ahh, thanks I forgot about LF too! Hmm, maybe you could/should email FA directly and explain and ask if this really happened. Then you'll know for sure, no wondering about it. I am sure if thy changed something they'll say they did, of course they wont say what or why but I'm sure you'll at least get a yes or no. I'd explain the color and strength difference you noted, and say you are unsure if there really has been a change or if you are getting watered down flavoring.

I know, you don't want to think that about your fav vendor, and you can leave them out of if you wanted, but I do think in order to find out for sure you're going to have to ask directly and tell them you are suspect of this happening so you'll get a proper response about it all.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
update - might actually be the base I got...just smelled it and it's got a very strong nic odor which it never had before...the hypno mist like I said is a lot paler but I was able to get 200ml of juice from half the bottle and the flavor is there so it's not watered down it's just it doesn't taste good at all - smells the same but it's completely one-dimensional and the exotic undertones aren't there - basically tastes like watermelon and lemon juice... I'll see about contacting FA tho, good suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread