Eeek. Total Newb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
What is all this about Roxy? I've seen here and there that some members are upset with the admin regarding a situation with her. I'm intrigued.
I am unaware of the situation you speak of, but I do know that Roxy teamed up AugVapes to create the new Boreas rta. It is similar to the Aromamizer V1 in many ways, but improved.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Yeah, I suspected that would've been the reason behind the "situation". Roxy helped me a lot, as with others, when I needed it most. I appreciate, and even love, forums such as this. The vaping community is filled with kind hearted people who help strangers towards a better and healthier life. I do not condone in passing judgement, nor others who wish to do the same. I just wish to be happy, and wish the same to all.

Reactions: evan le'garde

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
I am unaware of the situation you speak of, but I do know that Roxy teamed up AugVapes to create the new Boreas RTA. It is similar to the Aromamizer V1 in many ways, but improved.

Ah, I see. Apparently ECF removed her status or something?

What new hardware do you have now? Oh, I have a long list of 'next to buy'. Seems I caught shinyitis .

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
Yeah, that's it. The mods don't take kindly to discussion of the matter in the open threads, but if reading that link doesn't answer your questions, shoot me a PM.
I didn't see these replies straight away. Yes, that was exactly the thread I was referring to. I e been meaning to read through. I'm far too nosy.

Hexxen2011

Feb 22, 2016
Ha, yes I realise now. Only after taking my tank apart four times to clean, dry, wash, blow into it. Only after watching a dozen videos on how to fix the gurgling sound and reading double that amount of Internet posts. Phew. What an idiot! I'll have to make sure I'm all stocked up with coils from now. One thing I've found. Since changing the coil I'm getting a ton of dry hits. I never had that problem before. Any ideas? I did notice that this cool had smaller holes. Is it possible that the wicks are not getting saturated enough because of this?
Hi Waxxiii I'm kinda new here also, I discovered the forum a few months ago... tons of great info!
Have you been priming your new coils before using them? just a thought, I made the same mistake the 1st time I used premade coils but you have to drip juice in it before hand

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
Hi Waxxiii I'm kinda new here also, I discovered the forum a few months ago... tons of great info!
Have you been priming your new coils before using them? just a thought, I made the same mistake the 1st time I used premade coils but you have to drip juice in it before hand
Hi, this post of mine was a little while ago. I now build my own coils.

Admittedly, I was always a bit lazy and often didn't prime the stock coils, however, I found that the reason I was getting dry hits in this case was that I had inadvertently picked up the BDC coils for my Nautilus rather than the BVC coils. If those coils were the only ones available when I started vaping I wouldn't have lasted more than a few days. Bloody awful they are!

Ooh, on that note, has everyone heard about the RBA deck for the Nautilus? I sub ohm more often than not now and I like a lot of air flow these days but I still love my Nauti for my tootle puffing moods. I'm happy girl .

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
What new hardware do you have now? Oh, I have a long list of 'next to buy'. Seems I caught shinyitis .
Far too much.. In addition to what I had upon our previous exchange, I now have..
RTAs: 1x Goblin Mini V2, 1x Bellus, 1x Avocado.
RDAs: 1x Freakshow, 1x Freakshow Mini, 1x Stumpy, 1x Mad Hatter Mini, 1x Velocity, 1x Velocity Mini, 1x Sapor.., and 1x Velocity RDA with melted peak [emoji22]
Mods: 1x eVic VTC Mini, 1x Snow Wolf 1.5, 1x Reuleaux DNA 200.
Batterries: 1x Moto Plus Kit.

I'm also waiting for a Tsunami RDA, Cubiod Mod and Serpent RTA.

I think that's all accounted for.. [emoji5]

Reactions: Hexxen2011

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
Far too much.. In addition to what I had upon our previous exchange, I now have..
RDAs: 1x Freakshow, 1x Freakshow Mini, 1x Stumpy, 1x Mad Hatter Mini, 1x Velocity, 1x Velocity Mini, 1x Sapor.., and 1x Velocity RDA with melted peak [emoji22]

Oh boy, you have almost everything that is on my 'next to buy' list. The Avocado, Goblin V2, Mad Hatter and EVic are top of my list, along with the Nebox and Kbox 200. How are you finding the RTA's and the RDA I just mentioned? Can you give me a run down of your opinion on them. Particularly the Avocado. I'm itching to get my hands on that. I've heard the Goblin is fiddley to build on and a bit of a nuisance to fill.

Reactions: KayP

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016

It seems we have very much the same taste in vape gear.

Reactions: KayP

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Oh boy, you have almost everything that is on my 'next to buy' list. The Avocado, Goblin V2, Mad Hatter and EVic are top of my list, along with the Nebox and Kbox 200. How are you finding the RTA's and the RDA I just mentioned? Can you give me a run down of your opinion on them. Particularly the Avocado. I'm itching to get my hands on that. I've heard the Goblin is fiddley to build on and a bit of a nuisance to fill.
I haven't had the chance to play with my Avocado yet (that sounds naughty ;p). The same goes for MH Mini but I do know I'll have to position the coils quite low because the top cap with anti-spitback guard takes a bit of room. The regular sized MH will obviously have more room.

eVic VTC Mini is a lovely little mod with max 75w and all the TC options.. nuff said :)

GMV2 is a nice short profile RTA. The V2 has top fill, V1 doesn't. It's deck is obviously small so you'll have to stick with max 2.5mm ID coils. You could get away with 3.0mm ID; however, it'll be a tight fit. Wicking is easy, but some find it tricky at first. Once you get the hang of it you'll be set. As per usual, forum threads and Youtube videos can guide you step-by-step if you need help.
RV5WXe4l.jpg

My GMV2 sitting purrty on top of eVic Mini.

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
I haven't had the chance to play with my Avocado yet (that sounds naughty ;p). The same goes for MH Mini but I do know I'll have to position the coils quite low because the top cap with anti-spitback guard takes a bit of room. The regular sized MH will obviously have more room.

eVic VTC Mini is a lovely little mod with max 75w and all the TC options.. nuff said :)

GMV2 is a nice short profile RTA. The V2 has top fill, V1 doesn't. It's deck is obviously small so you'll have to stick with max 2.5mm ID coils. You could get away with 3.0mm ID; however, it'll be a tight fit. Wicking is easy, but some find it tricky at first. Once you get the hang of it you'll be set. As per usual, forum threads and Youtube videos can guide you step-by-step if you need help.
RV5WXe4l.jpg

My GMV2 sitting purrty on top of eVic Mini.

I love the smaller tanks. The GM looks great. Yep, you're right it sure does look purrty.

The Avocado is the one I'm most excited about so let me know what you think when you have time to take it for a test vape.

What builds do you prefer on your Aromamizer? Currently I have a single horizontal coil in mine which ohms out at .95. It is literally the third coil I have ever built and right now I have no idea what works for me. I thought I would try a higher resistance for this build as the first was a dual vertical at .43. I found it took a long time for the coil to heat up at lower wattages. I'm trying to find my sweet spot. I actually prefer higher wattages but the juice consumption is way too much for my pocket. Especially since I have discovered the gourmet juices. I've spoiled myself. I need to look into DIY juice really but with a crazy toddler running about I've only just got enough time to practice the rebuilding side of things.

And bloody hell. You bought a DNA 200? They sure is spensive. How do you find it compares to the RX?

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
I'm curious. Do any of you ever crave a cigarette? Do you ever give in to the craving if so?

I've found it surprisingly easy. I'm down to 3mg nic and haven't had the desire for a ciggy since a couple weeks after I started vaping. I wondered what other people's experiences have been.
Sure there are moments the thought has crossed my mind, but I wouldn't class it as a craving. When I have a drink I will get a stronger urge though, which I combat by switching to a higher nic and strong throat hit juice. Otherwise my nic preference is 6mg (dual coils).

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
What builds do you prefer on your Aromamizer?
I haven't actually used my Aromamizer for more than a month. I preferred to run dual clapton builds in it anywhere between 0.3 to 0.6 oHms. If I would have to pick, I'd say the Griffin is my "current" favourite RTA. In comparison it is more airy than the Aromamizer V1 and so gives a cooler vape; however, the Griffin is more juice hungry.
I found it took a long time for the coil to heat up at lower wattages.
There are mods that can help you out with ramp up speeds, such as one with a DNA board, Yihi chip or even a Mech Mod. I actually prefer a much simpler approach which involves an initial exhale into the atomiser before the inhale.
I actually prefer higher wattages but the juice consumption is way too much for my pocket. Especially since I have discovered the gourmet juices. I've spoiled myself. I need to look into DIY juice really but with a crazy toddler running about I've only just got enough time to practice the rebuilding side of things
I hear you. Even though I'm still single I understand the need to find a cheaper alternative, or else I'll have to change my vape style to MTL. I think I'll have better chances with DIYing :)
And bloody hell. You bought a DNA 200? They sure is spensive. How do you find it compares to the RX?
Sure was. AUD$200 is a lot of dough to fork out for a single item. I had to cancel my order for a few attys and mods to justify the spend :) The main reason behind this purchase was for its TC; however, I haven't delved into any TC builds yet. There are other options available. In power mode you can also play with the ramp up times and power. In addition, you can customise the screen display. A superficial perk, I know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread