Status
Not open for further replies.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Same CDR rating and 700 more mAh? Unless you're already vested in 20700, go for the 21700...

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
No not vested yet. The mod takes either battery I just wanted to know if the extra 700mah was worth the extra buck or so.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Money spent on a good cell is money well spent.
I did not mean buying a cheap cell. I only meant that is the extra 700mah worth it over the 20700 .
If the run time is noticable or significant enough then I would grab the larger,that's all.

I do not skimp on batteries.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I get what you are asking, and I don't love 27-- series mods so much, but I don't need a lot of power, which makes things interesting. Most of the 27-series mods tend to feel too large/heavy than what I need, I tend to not push for "more" past "weight" to a certain degree. .I guess you'd need to make that decision on your own and etc.

Anna

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I get what you are asking, and I don't love 27-- series mods so much, but I don't need a lot of power, which makes things interesting. Most of the 27-series mods tend to feel too large/heavy than what I need, I tend to not push for "more" past "weight" to a certain degree. .I guess you'd need to make that decision on your own and etc.

Anna
I know it's down to what I prefer I just wanted to know if anyone actually has this and how it actually performs and the run time,really simple. I just don't want to jump into buying it just because it is a larger battery and longer mAh. If in real time it does run better I will get it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm admittedly biased against Efest batteries. I won't support a company that repeatedly and continues to lie about their battery specifications.

Recently, Efest has begun to do a "little better" not over-rating some of their battery specs, likely due to Mooch's exposure of their previous lies. My guess is that his revelations had a worldwide impact on their reputation and sales.

Still, I'm not so forgiving for past transgressions. There are too many honest companies that I'd rather give my money to.

I will say that their LUC chargers seem to be top notch and I frequently recommend them.

Last edited:

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I'm admittedly biased against Efest batteries. I won't support a company that repeatedly and continues to lie about their battery specifications.

Efest has begun to do a "little better" not over-rating some of their battery specs, likely due to Mooch's exposure of their previous lies. Still, I'm not so forgiving for past transgressions. There are too many honest companies that I'd rather give my money to
I will say that their LUC chargers seem to be top notch and I frequently recommend them.
I understand that too. I have used there batteries and never had a problem,yet. I also use there BT 6 bay charger love that device.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
1wRfqEy.jpg

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
You are free to make your own choices of course. But choosing a battery because "you never had any problems with it" is not a good criterion. Basing it on hard facts and testing is the way to go.
The only reason I was looking at the 21700 was mooch's test results were good on it. I still wanted somebodys real world results with it to see if the extra 700 was/is significant over the 20700. Honestly I am not expecting to even notice the difference.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Im using the Golisi S35 21700 cell , 30amp 3700mah in a priest 75c bf mod , cells last all day for me ,

using single coil RDA , RSA,

It has a lower inter res than a VTC5A,
which i usually go through 2 of in similar time,
So will pick up a couple more, got 3 at moment

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I picked up a pair of Samsung 40T cells (21700) to give them a try. I figure @ 4000mah, one of these should last all day for me. I've currently only got two mods that take a 21700 though. A LV Mirage, and the Desire Cut Squonk. The cells arrived last week, but haven't tried them yet.

They were kind of pricey, so I'm in the process of comparing them to the Sanyo 20700B. Of course there is no comparison as far as CDR between the two cells (40T being 30A and the Sanyo 20700B only being 15A), but since I'm usually below 30w, I'm interested to see if the 20700B's will hold up against the Samsung 40T as far as how long they run for ME and the way I use them. The 40T's cost me about twice what I paid for the 20700B's.

I'm primarily interested in 20700 cells due the the upcoming arrival of the Pulse 80w, but figured it would be interesting to compare the 40T and 20700B in the Mirage.

I'm sure the 40T will last as long, if not longer as the 20700B (even though a few hundred mah less capacity) since the internal resistance and voltage sag is probably significantly less in the 40T. If both cells get me through a full day with some room to spare, I will stick with the 20700B for the price.

Kind of wish the Pulse would also take 21700's now. However, even the 20700B will likely be a good step up from a LG HG2 for me and the way I use them.

Definitely keeping my eye out for other mods that will take 20700 and 21700 cells.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread