efest 800 mAH only 2 hrs??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arprok13

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
New Haven, CT
I recently got the provari mini and its my first MOD. I bought a pair of efest 800 mAH batteries from Amazon. They only last 2-3 hours!! I know mAH isn't everything but my ego-twist 650 mAH easily lasts me over a day based on my vape rate. I use 2.5 ohm kanger coils for both devices.

Any comments? Should invest aw imr? do I get an extension ring (defeats the purpose of the mini)?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I got better results with my trial of Efest 18350 than you, but I get much better results with the AW 18350. AW makes a better battery. There's a good reason they are more expensive.

Give a pair of AW's a try before investing in an extension ring. I always carry a spare 18350 with me just in case...

Reactions: Ladiekali

Paul.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
California
When I got my Mini it came with AW IMR 18350's. It was lasting me about 3-4 hours only. I did a thorough cleaning of threads and contacts and it bumped it up a bit to maybe 4-5 hours. Needing more batteries I got some efest batteries and it went back down to 3-4 hours. Still not satisfied I got the extension cap and used 18490 AW IMR and they lasted me 6-8 hours and I was pretty much satisfied. Keep in mind that any regulated device will use more battery as it has lights and circuitry versus a basic ego setup with minimal components in it.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
What does the voltage read? You very well may need to clean it up.

Only way to really get longer life out of a 18350 is lower power level or higher ohms. A 2.5 ohm coil at 5v is 10w with a 2 amp draw. If you vape under 12w you can go to a 3.0 ohm coil and extend your battery life quite a bit. 3ohm at 5.5v is 10w, with a 1.83 amp draw on battery. If you vape 10w or under you can run a 3.5 ohm and get even longer life. 3.5 ohm @ 6v is 10w , with a 1.7 amp draw on battery. Lower amp draw will give longer bettery run time... Since you probably want longest life you can get on a battery in the mini.

Arprok13

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
New Haven, CT

Only way to really get longer life out of a 18350 is lower power level or higher ohms. A 2.5 ohm coil at 5v is 10w with a 2 amp draw. If you vape under 12w you can go to a 3.0 ohm coil and extend your battery life quite a bit. 3ohm at 5.5v is 10w, with a 1.83 amp draw on battery. If you vape 10w or under you can run a 3.5 ohm and get even longer life. 3.5 ohm @ 6v is 10w , with a 1.7 amp draw on battery. Lower amp draw will give longer bettery run time... Since you probably want longest life you can get on a battery in the mini.

Voltage reads at 4.2V with a fresh battery. I vape a 2.5 ohm kanger head (really 2.7) @ 5.2 - 5.5V

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A

Jeremy, what are you doing around these parts?

In the market for a new PV? :D

Arprok13

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
New Haven, CT
So I cleaned my contacts and I still find that I can extend my battery life by 1.5-2hrs if I keep taking out and putting back in my batteries. I will repeat this about 4 times until the battery is truly dead. Is this normal? I feel the provari should only tell me the battery is dead when its ACTUALLY dead. Do you think theres another issue going on? Do springs go bad?

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Hey arprok13 , omni know I shouldn't be around here cause I don't have a provari but you don't seem to be getting Much feed back. I just thought here for a second in an effort to help you. I've had that happen before. Te only time something like that has happened to me was when I had a kamry k200. If I exceeded that amp limit it would instantly go to dead battery and I would take the battery out and start again still same battery level it should have. Maybe an intermittent short is causing this condition or your pushing the voltage over the amp limit. for some reason your provari is doing the same thing. Possibly it's older and the chip in there does the same thing.

Arprok13

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
New Haven, CT
Hey arprok13 , omni know I shouldn't be around here cause I don't have a provari but you don't seem to be getting Much feed back. I just thought here for a second in an effort to help you. I've had that happen before. Te only time something like that has happened to me was when I had a kamry k200. If I exceeded that amp limit it would instantly go to dead battery and I would take the battery out and start again still same battery level it should have. Maybe an intermittent short is causing this condition or your pushing the voltage over the amp limit. for some reason your provari is doing the same thing. Possibly it's older and the chip in there does the same thing.

Usually a short would be displayed as an error on the provari I believe. It has a 3amp limit. Using a 2.7 ohm coil shouldn't cause it to go over the limit.... but thanks for bringing the chip as a possible culprit to attention

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I just realized when my batteries "die" and I take then out and put them back in, they work. Since my provari was bought used, I'm wondering if I need to clean the contacts...

I've had that same issue. Clean your contacts, and it should be much better.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So I cleaned my contacts and I still find that I can extend my battery life by 1.5-2hrs if I keep taking out and putting back in my batteries. I will repeat this about 4 times until the battery is truly dead. Is this normal? I feel the provari should only tell me the battery is dead when its ACTUALLY dead. Do you think theres another issue going on? Do springs go bad?
Removing the battery and then putting it back in when the flashing light indicating the battery voltage is low is an old "trick" Provari veterans have long discovered. This is completely normal. Apparently this resets the processor for this function. It will flash the low battery indicator light again after using the battery for some additional battery time.

It is recommended to include the alcohol cleansing of the battery contact inside the Provar, as well as the top connector pin. Use a cotton tip applicator with the highest concentration of isopropyl alcohol you can find.

Cleansing of the battery cap threads with Noaloxx is also recommended as a routine maintanance. The battery cap is part of the battery circuit, and any dirt or oxidation of the bare metal threads can affect electrical conduction to the circuit board.

Arprok13

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
New Haven, CT
Removing the battery and then putting it back in when the flashing light indicating the battery voltage is low is an old "trick" Provari veterans have long discovered. This is completely normal. Apparently this resets the processor for this function. It will flash the low battery indicator light again after using the battery for some additional battery time.

It is recommended to include the alcohol cleansing of the battery contact inside the Provar, as well as the top connector pin. Use a cotton tip applicator with the highest concentration of isopropyl alcohol you can find.

Cleansing of the battery cap threads with Noaloxx is also recommended as a routine maintanance. The battery cap is part of the battery circuit, and any dirt or oxidation of the bare metal threads can affect electrical conduction to the circuit board.

Thanks. If this is just how it is with the provari, then it's a little disappointing. But good to know mine isn't defected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread