Efest imr 18350 800 mah v2 wont fully charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

danc13

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Rochester, NY, USA
Bought my first 18350 battery for some mechanical mods about three weeks ago but lately it will not charge fully on my charger and always shows up as red no matter how many hours it is on the charger. When put in a mod it vapes as if it is fully charged if not close but not knowing where the voltage is at in my battery makes me worried as i do not want to fully drain it. just looking for a little advice on if i should keep the battery or what might be happening. I know the charger is suppose to show green when battery is fully charged as i have put fully charged 18650s in it and had the charger show green. thanks guys

danc13

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Rochester, NY, USA
i am using a cheap charger i bought for about ten dollars when purchasing the battery because my other charger only fit 18650 batteries. Its one of those chinese ones that has a spring loaded negative side to fit 18350-18650s. Im deffinatly looking into getting a higher quality charger that will show me the volts as it charges though after my experience with this one

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Well, they are just about all Chinese chargers regardless of cost. I've had good luck with some of the cheap ones but you often get what you pay for. The Xtar chargers are pretty good value for the money.

A digital multimeter (DMM) will tell you how much charge is on the the battery. Some PVs and APVs have the meters built-in. You can get a decent Chinese DMM for under $15 pretty easy. You don't need a Fluke DMM for most vaping needs.

It could be poor contact causing the problem as Vapoor wrote. Your charger works fine for larger batts, so maybe the contacts on the charger could benefit from a little reshaping. Or the battery could be defective, although Efest is a pretty good brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread