EFest LUC V4 Charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vato-Loco

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA.
Most of the chargers (including the LUC V4) have an over-current protection.
Samsung 25R for example rated as 4.2A max input current, so it should scale down from 5A setting.

IMO, charging at 4A instead of 2A (still in the safe zone) shouldn't hurt the battery drastically compare to the "wear and tear" from regular charging cycles (I mean, anyway after 2 months of using, the battery won't be even close to brand new condition).

Last edited:

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I pretty much always use my LUC V4 on the .5A setting unless for some odd reason I need a battery really fast, I have lots of them so I don't really feel the need to charge any that fast. Battery longevity will be impacted by constantly charging your batteries on 2A and yes you may notice a shorter useable time period when you use 2A to charge them.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Will I get longer battery life if I charge my batteries at .5 amps vs. 2 amps? I feel like I'm getting less battery life by charging them so quickly. Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

What batteries are you referring to? I have a variety of 18650's, HE2, 25R and a couple of each of the VTC series. I always charge at 0.5A unless I need one fast and got to 1A, which happens maybe once a year :)

I charge my AW 18490 and 18350 at 0.25A.

I expect to get more battery charge/discharge cycles from my batts by charging slower and stressing them less. If you are asking if a 2A charge will vape less juice than a 0.5A charge, I don't know.

Last edited:

Kaiser Bob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Denver, CO
Will I get longer battery life if I charge my batteries at .5 amps vs. 2 amps? I feel like I'm getting less battery life by charging them so quickly. Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

If you took a battery off the charger right when the cycle was done a battery charged at 2A would likely rest at a lower voltage than one charged at .5A after getting down to room temp due to excess heat from charging at a higher rate. That may explain what you are experiencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread