eGo 650mah battery shutting itself off

Status
Not open for further replies.

TulsaClint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
Tulsa
One of my eGo batteries has done this twice today. I'm vaping and everything seems fine, then switch to a clearomizer I have and the battery seems to shut itself off. No light on the button, no vapor, no five clicks on or off, it just seems dead. I put it on the charger both times and it starts charging. The last time I put it on the charger, I immediately took it off and it works again like nothing happened. It's like the charger resets it (although I know this probably isn't the case). The button has the clear to blue level indication, and both times this happened when it was clear (above 50% I believe). The blue indicator still comes on as usual when charging, so I ruled out that the battery is dying and the blue indicator is burnt out. I've been using it all night with dripping attys and it only shut itself off when I put that one clearo on it. Any ideas? Is my clearo faulty or is this a battery issue?

Last edited:

Birdmann

Apr 17, 2012
Canada
This happens to me as well, don't know what causes it. Also it doesn't happen often. Out of no where my ego will just shut off, always happens while using it. I dont meen a 5 click shut off, the bat essentially goes dead. Button won't light up, carto won't fire ect. 5 click does nothing. The only thing that brings the battery back to life it to connect it to the charger fora sec...lights come on good to go.

Kinda scares me, didn't know there were others lol

TulsaClint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
Tulsa
Your clearomiser is not making contact with the battery pos terminal, raise it a little. The culprit is probably the other atty or carto you use which in turn has an extended pos terminal, causing the pos terminal on the battery to sit lower.

It works for a bit each time with the clearo in question, then goes "dead" after 30 min to an hour. I also should have mentioned that I did pull the post, but I get the same result each time, put it on the charger and all seems fine until I use that clearo again.

TulsaClint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
Tulsa
This happens to me as well, don't know what causes it. Also it doesn't happen often. Out of no where my ego will just shut off, always happens while using it. I dont meen a 5 click shut off, the bat essentially goes dead. Button won't light up, carto won't fire ect. 5 click does nothing. The only thing that brings the battery back to life it to connect it to the charger fora sec...lights come on good to go.

Kinda scares me, didn't know there were others lol

Sounds exactly like my issue.

TulsaClint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
Tulsa
I have a 650 mah and a 1000 mah only happens to the 650...

Same here. I did change the head on my clearo and I haven't yet had the issue today. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the advice DaveP. The battery is only a couple months old. I got it from a local shop so it will be an easy exchange if the battery is faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread