EGO-AIO Battery issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_souvenir

Nov 15, 2016
Hi everybody,

I just recently quit cigarettes (again) and started using my Ego-AIO (again) but have found that the battery charge now only lasts a few hours before I have to charge again. The only difference between what I had done before and have been doing lately is that I started using my phone charger to charge the AIO battery. Is it possible that charging at too great a heat has ruined my batteries?

THanks for any insights!

Reactions: stols001

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Hi everybody,

I just recently quit cigarettes (again) and started using my Ego-AIO (again) but have found that the battery charge now only lasts a few hours before I have to charge again. The only difference between what I had done before and have been doing lately is that I started using my phone charger to charge the AIO battery. Is it possible that charging at too great a heat has ruined my batteries?

THanks for any insights!
I know my older android s4 shouldn't be charged with the new fast charging chargers, because it's too fast and can do damage. I'm not 100 percent sure, but if you have too high of an amp charger, in time it can reduce your battery life. As for seeing instant results of this, not so sure. Perhaps it's just older now compared to before or you can be vaping it harder now compared to before.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Hi everybody,

THanks for any insights!

Yes, heat can do that. So can age. If a battery gets more than somewhat warm while charging, it's being charged too fast. On the other hand, it sounds like your battery may have been sitting for a while since you last used it. If that's true, either simple aging or the charge dropping too low while you weren't using it could be responsible for the damage.

the_souvenir

Nov 15, 2016
Yes, heat can do that. So can age. If a battery gets more than somewhat warm while charging, it's being charged too fast. On the other hand, it sounds like your battery may have been sitting for a while since you last used it. If that's true, either simple aging or the charge dropping too low while you weren't using it could be responsible for the damage.

That last part makes sense -- I just quit cigarettes and went back to vaping about a month ago, but before that I hadn't really touched the AIO in what could be a year and a half. Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It really could be that you just let your battery get so low when not in use (battery capacity does drop over time, especially when stored in a "random" state, not a "partially charged" state, and really if it's for any length of time, you should check the state of your stored battery. It is also true that overpowering a mod with it's charging source can be not a good idea. Many mods are only designed to pull "the necessarily" power with their charging cord from the power source. I vastly prefer it when a wall wart is supplied WITH the mod (not just a cable) so I don't have to think about it so much.

Bottom line is yes, you need a new mod. Bottom line (also) (and hopefully you didn't overspend on some "branded" contraption) is that you can do a lot better than an ego battery for a mod if you are interested, for probably not THAT much more money, depending. So, say if you want suggestions but otherwise, you are going to need another battery and if you like what you have, you may want to get a couple so you can rotate them if necessary.

Good luck,

Anna

Reactions: Anise
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread