Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
Hi folks. I have an EGO ONE question. I just tried using a 4ml and 2ml V2 today, and they both present me with the same issue. I loaded a factory CLR coil, primed it, and filled the tank. Once assembled, I put it on the mod, which didn't recognize the coil. I took the tank off, and put the base + coil back on the mod. It read 1.01Ω, so that is fine. Once I screwed the tank back on fully, I get the error message again. My temporary fix is to slightly unscrew the tank...it works, but I don't like it. Why can't I fully screw the tank onto the base without getting the error message?? This is the happening with both tanks.... TIA :thumb:

Photo attached...

Attachments

• JoyeEGO.jpg
    JoyeEGO.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Hi folks. I have an EGO ONE question. I just tried using a 4ml and 2ml V2 today, and they both present me with the same issue. I loaded a factory CLR coil, primed it, and filled the tank. Once assembled, I put it on the mod, which didn't recognize the coil. I took the tank off, and put the base + coil back on the mod. It read 1.01Ω, so that is fine. Once I screwed the tank back on fully, I get the error message again. My temporary fix is to slightly unscrew the tank...it works, but I don't like it. Why can't I fully screw the tank onto the base without getting the error message?? This is the happening with both tanks.... TIA :thumb:

Photo attached...
Hello Stone! It's been a long time!! :) I never heard of that issue with these. I want to guess that it is the mod that's causing the ruckus. Try them on another mod and see if that works. Nice seeing you! :thumbs:

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
Hello Stone! It's been a long time!! :) I never heard of that issue with these. I want to guess that it is the mod that's causing the ruckus. Try them on another mod and see if that works. Nice seeing you! :thumbs:
Thanks for the welcome and the response, it's good to see you again too :) Yeah, I've been absent from the forum for awhile...

I only have one mod that reads resistance at the moment. I plan on getting another during Xmas sales. I have batteries for an older mod charging now...

It doesn't make sense to me that it reads the base fine, but not the "whole unit." :|

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
Also check the top of the coil and make sure that's good and tight. :)
I screwed the coil into the base using the top knurled ring...is that the correct way? It felt secure/tight when I put the coil in. Maybe it's too tight? I've been fiddling with it for awhile, and now I'm second guessing myself and feel like a total noob, LOL

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Thanks for the welcome and the response, it's good to see you again too :) Yeah, I've been absent from the forum for awhile...

I only have one mod that reads resistance at the moment. I plan on getting another during Xmas sales. I have batteries for an older mod charging now...

It doesn't make sense to me that it reads the base fine, but not the "whole unit." :|
The top of that coil has threads and most of them are loose out of the package. Tighten that down. When it's not tight, there is less room in the head so it may read 0 (nada).

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
That was my thought too.

Also check the top of the coil and make sure that's good and tight. :)

The top of that coil has threads and most of them are loose out of the package. Tighten that down. When it's not tight, there is less room in the head so it may read 0 (nada).

I tighten by the base of the coil. Not sure that makes a difference.

I tightened everything much tighter than I'm used to...but it worked great! Many thanks guys!! :banana::banana::banana:

ETA: I was pretty certain it was user error :facepalm:

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
Soooooo how do you like the tank?
Much more airy than I'm used to, but now I can start fiddling with the AFC. I don't love how it's hidden. I really like it overall, so far. I need to try a couple of juices in it to check flavor.
:thumbs:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I tightened everything much tighter than I'm used to...but it worked great! Many thanks guys!! :banana::banana::banana:

ETA: I was pretty certain it was user error :facepalm:

Don't feel badly about it. That's a common problem, and we've all made it when we began with the Eggies. Now that you know it though, it should be much easier to deal with.

Well done. :thumb:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Much more airy than I'm used to, but now I can start fiddling with the AFC. I don't love how it's hidden. I really like it overall, so far. I need to try a couple of juices in it to check flavor.
:thumbs:

It allows you to tighten down pretty far (way too far for me, actually). All the way down, I feel like it's almost not drawing. Play around with it. Hopefully you'll find a spot that you like.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
Don't feel badly about it. That's a common problem, and we've all made it when we began with the Eggies. Now that you know it though, it should be much easier to deal with.

Well done. :thumb:
I am surprised at how much force is needed, but it's good to know that I'm not the only one. :lol: I did read some posts in the thread, but I skipped a couple hundred pages....:D
It allows you to tighten down pretty far (way too far for me, actually). All the way down, I feel like it's almost not drawing. Play around with it. Hopefully you'll find a spot that you like.
One thing I don't like is I have to twist the AFC to get the base on/off the mod...

I've got it dialed down now, not quite all the way I think. I think I like the airier draw...but I'm still fiddling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread