eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
Sounds like too much juice is sittin on the coil of the ss. Rewick with a little more cotton inside the coil and thin the tails if too thick.

Ok, will try tomorrow...Saturday is my usual rewick/rebuild day. But I seem to have lost my titanium coils and dont have any titanium wire...:yawn:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Ok, will try tomorrow...Saturday is my usual rewick/rebuild day. But I seem to have lost my titanium coils and dont have any titanium wire...:yawn:
I was talking about the ss that you said was popping. Keep the same coil, just rewick

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Aha, so no need to rebuild?
Nope. Coils can last a long time with just rewicking them. On the ss you can slowly and carefully pulse the coil to burn off the gunk. Only takes a couple of times to see that it is gone. Then rewick it. Unless you just like to build, save some time and money and just rewick. Remember tho, cannot dry burn the titanium coils, just have to clean them then rewick. I use q-tips to get the gunk off of those. Gently wipe those coils without moving the coil.
:)

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
Nope. Coils can last a long time with just rewicking them. On the ss you can slowly and carefully pulse the coil to burn off the gunk. Only takes a couple of times to see that it is gone. Then rewick it. Unless you just like to build, save some time and money and just rewick. Remember tho, cannot dry burn the titanium coils, just have to clean them then rewick. I use q-tips to get the gunk off of those. Gently wipe those coils without moving the coil.

I dont vape very sweet juices, so my coils seem to have very little gunk on them. I read about titanium, after I had dry burnt my first coil LOL...so removed the titanium coil and rebuilt with ss.

I use ready made chinese coils...not the best builder tbh...these are the ones going into my clrs:

$2.83 AOLVAPE 316L Stainless Steel Pre-Coiled Wire - 50pcs/pack / 26 AWG / 0.4mm dia. / 0.52ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I dont vape very sweet juices, so my coils seem to have very little gunk on them. I read about titanium, after I had dry burnt my first coil LOL...so removed the titanium coil and rebuilt with ss.

I use ready made chinese coils...not the best builder tbh...these are the ones going into my clrs:

$2.83 AOLVAPE 316L Stainless Steel Pre-Coiled Wire - 50pcs/pack / 26 AWG / 0.4mm dia. / 0.52ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Those tails look really short. Are they hard to work with?
This is what I use. Says 0.6 ohm but I find its really closer to 0.5 ohm
$7.03 Iwodevape 316L Stainless Steel Pre-Coiled Wires for RBA Atomizer (100-Pack) - authentic / 26 AWG / 0.4mm / 0.6ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
Those tails look really short. Are they hard to work with?
This is what I use. Says 0.6 ohm but I find its really closer to 0.5 ohm
$7.03 Iwodevape 316L Stainless Steel Pre-Coiled Wires for RBA Atomizer (100-Pack) - authentic / 26 AWG / 0.4mm / 0.6ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Not very short, they fit perfectly tbh, and I need to snip off extra leg length...just seem bigger in diameter than stock coils. They were recommended by someone here...I also use these on my narda clone...whistles like a banshee though! o_O

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Not very short, they fit perfectly tbh, and I need to snip off extra leg length...just seem bigger in diameter than stock coils. They were recommended by someone here...I also use these on my narda clone...whistles like a banshee though! o_O
Yes, they are bigger than the stock coils in diameter. If you want smaller, look for 2.5 or 3mm ones.

Reactions: stols001

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
But...but...can I enter the contest...if I'm a GUY???

(Or...do I have to wait for the "International Men's Day" (whenever that is) GiveAway.)

LOL. The 'guy' (above poster), is the one that tagged me. Just read the first post in the giveaway thread. And tell what you would buy your gal. LOL

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
So, I rebuilt myclr with a nice 2mm ss coil coming in at 0.63 ohms.

Nice and smooth tasty vape, cool, and no popping. Happy me.
Cool. If you start seeing seepage, either use the juice flow control ring to tighten up your wick slots or move up to a 2.5mm ID coil.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
LOL. The 'guy' (above poster), is the one that tagged me. Just read the first post in the giveaway thread. And tell what you would buy your gal. LOL

I'm not even sure what "tagging" is...S_and_S...so it probably wasn't me...

(But...a guy tagging a gal sounds like it could be interesting...and even FUN...to try...:thumbs: )

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I accidentally ordered a couple of the 2 ml versions of the ego tanks, in SS. Feeling disgusted with myself, I just decided to fill one and vape it. I was like, "Well, I've had other small capacity tanks, what the heck." I think it's a 21 mm diameter, but I have to say, it vapes really dreamily....

WHY must flavor and capacity always be a sacrifice? Don't get me wrong, it isn't always the case, but I'm actually kind of pleased I have them. I seem to like small tanks quite a bit, there's that whole "vape immediacy" thing. It's TINY. I might use the other one for taste testing juices or something. Decisions, decisions....

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread