aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Sorry Dave, what do you mean ?
shop is named Nicovip but i doubt it would interess some of you
Covidvapocalypse is something Notradamus predicted !!

Thanks, Bruno! :D

Given how difficult it is to find those coils, I thought some might be interested. Maybe even me! :vapor:

It turns out that a large order I placed two years ago was filled incorrectly. They sent CLs instead of CLRs, and the only value those coils have for me are the insulators. I can't believe I never checked them, but I never checked them. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

If I recall many of the quatrains correctly, Notradamus predicted pretty much everything. ;)

I do hope you're staying safe over there, Bruno. Crazy times.

Lanciab

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2018
Hey Dave, if you want me to send you some, i'll do it with pleasure !
...just reverse way than you and Kate previously did
Things are getting worse in Europe, it seemed a few weeks ago that Covid was slowing down but as the new British variant cames things aggravate.
It seems we will be totally confined again very soon.
As vaccination is slowly starting I hope for the best in the forecoming months.
How are things coming for you near NY ?
Best regards !

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I meant to tell you guys about this earlier- About a month ago I bought a Joyetech TRON_S tank that came with a free 5 pack of CLR coils. (I bought it mostly for the coils, But I also wanted another white tank)

I just checked and they still have the coils in stock:
Joyetech USA | Electronic Cigarettes Info eGo ONE CLR Head (5pcs) Joyetech USA | Electronic Cigarettes Info | Vaporizer

Don't take this personally, but >

766d56d3-c4fa-4d57-b993-355438b78b23-b15acffd-dd3f-4248-8437-3952eb2e7005-v1.png

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

@Katdarling - I'm glad I was too tired to order all that wire last night! :D:blush::laugh::headbang::thumbs::vapor:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'm glad I was too tired to order all that wire last night!

Thanks for leaving some boxes. :thumbs: I got some of the 1.0ohm, but not as many has I'd originally put in my cart. Internet kept messing up...tried 2 different browsers, etc....took me 46 minutes to finally get some. By then, fewer were left, but some are definitely better than none. I'm sure others were buying them, too. ;)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks for leaving some boxes. :thumbs: I got some of the 1.0ohm, but not as many has I'd originally put in my cart. Internet kept messing up...tried 2 different browsers, etc....took me 46 minutes to finally get some. By then, fewer were left, but some are definitely better than none. I'm sure others were buying them, too. ;)

I tried to show a little restraint, JC. Sorry to hear about your issues but I'm glad you were able to grab some!

I made a terrible discovery last night. Reaching for a new coil, I somehow had a CL in my hand, and not a CLR. As I rummaged through my baggie, I kept finding more... and more... and MORE!

I realized that an order I had placed almost two years ago (to the day) was mis-filled with CL coils, and I had never bothered to look. :facepalm:

I couldn't find coils anywhere so I had a bunch of wire in a FT cart, ready to buy a gift certificate. I decided to wait until this morning (thank you, serendipity!).

And THANK YOU, @BNEAT !!! :banana:

Lanciab

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2018
Hello to all, i had a few weeks ago almost reach the end of my 28awg kanthal wire spool.
I would like to buy at FT some precoiled wires, just to be easy as i'm starting being lazy with age.
i would like to find around 1 ohm kanthal coils, with 2,5 mm ID and 28 awg.
Or SS 316 , ID 2,5 mm also, between 0,6 - 1 ohm. 28 awg also.
I couldn't find that : it appears most of the time ID diameter is 3mm and i find it too big for my CLR builds.
Did some of you has more luck than me ?
Thanks to all !

Reactions: misswish1

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Hello to all, i had a few weeks ago almost reach the end of my 28awg kanthal wire spool.
I would like to buy at FT some precoiled wires, just to be easy as i'm starting being lazy with age.
i would like to find around 1 ohm kanthal coils, with 2,5 mm ID and 28 awg.
Or SS 316 , ID 2,5 mm also, between 0,6 - 1 ohm. 28 awg also.
I couldn't find that : it appears most of the time ID diameter is 3mm and i find it too big for my CLR builds.
Did some of you has more luck than me ?
Thanks to all !

Would these work for you, Bruno? They're the ones I was going to buy until BNEAT posted the CLR coils on JTUSA.

$1.72 Pre-Coiled Welded Wires - NR-R-NR (50-Pack) 50-pack - 32 AWG / 1.5ohm / 30*30mm at FastTech - Free Shipping

They're 3mm but I'm pretty sure that I squeezed a 3 into one of my Eggrolls once. I can't remember for sure though. Age. It's a concept. ;)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Would these work for you, Bruno? They're the ones I was going to buy until BNEAT posted the CLR coils on JTUSA.

$1.72 Pre-Coiled Welded Wires - NR-R-NR (50-Pack) 50-pack - 32 AWG / 1.5ohm / 30*30mm at FastTech - Free Shipping

They're 3mm but I'm pretty sure that I squeezed a 3 into one of my Eggrolls once. I can't remember for sure though. Age. It's a concept. ;)

If you mean 3mm inner diameter, actually those are 1.5mm inner diameter. Tiny as hell. I have hundreds of those and the 1.8ohm ones. The 1.8 ohm are also 1.5mm ID. Good for rebuilding protank coils.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    If you mean 3mm inner diameter, actually those are 1.5mm inner diameter. Tiny as hell. I have hundreds of those and the 1.8ohm ones. The 1.8 ohm are also 1.5mm ID. Good for rebuilding protank coils.

THANK YOU!!

That certainly explains why they fit, then. :laugh:

Lanciab

ECF Veteran
    May 19, 2018
    Yer seein it all right there, nuttin special. Standard eGo ONE Mega V1 base, .5 CLR straight outta the blister pack and screwed on a Subtank Mini Bellcap. Like they were made for each other.
    I think my 2 year vapeversary was 6/21. Celebrated today by creating my own CLR powered tank! Whatchy'all think?

View attachment 666803

While reading the older posts of the topic this night, i discovered this incredibely clever tuning made by Foggy Road.
    I immediately thought : "if i make the same with a Toptank bellcap I finally have a topfill Ego One !"

Done immediately, well, fail, the chimney is far too short and does not reach the ego one coil.

But !!! Seeking in my recycle box, i founded a fugly old Smoant Talos V1, the tank that was sold with the Knight kits.

And it seemed to have longer chimney.

So...

...here is the first top fill ego one !
    (Well, except the pico-s actually impossible to find and the veryyyyyy expansive Genoa)

For the purposes of the test, v2 silver base and a Wismec 0,5 coil.

It's actually wicking...results in a few minutes !

Last edited:
    • Winner
    Reactions: DPLongo22
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread