eGo passthrough advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerri Ross

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Amarillo TX
Hey guys! Got started about a month ago (2nd time around!) with eGo passthroughs (me and my husband).They are working great! I haven't toughed an analog since, sometimes Jake will have 1 in the morning. I'm pretty sure we have everything figured out, but I do need a few questions answered, advice, whatever.

Im so scared to be caught with no battery or something, so every 2 weeks I buy another passthrough. Well, that's the plan from here on out anyways! Right now we have 8-10, a few in the mail so I've lost count!).

#1: Is that kinda overkill? To order 1 every 2 weeks?

#2: And is ordering 2, 5 packs, of cartos reasonable?

#3: How long should 1 passthrough, and 1 carto last me?

#4: Is there a daily, weekly, whatever, maintenance schedule for these I should be following?

#5: And, I would really love a mod! Whats the next best thing? I know you get what you pay for, but at this point, I cant justify dropping $200+ on just one. And neither of us care for the box mods, they look like those boxes people keep the OTHER kind of smoke in :p. Have any you can recommend?

#6: LAST thing!!!! Am I really supposed to be having to drip in my carto, 3-4 drips every 10 puffs or so?!?!? And when I tried filling with a syringe, bottom-move up-move up- it just squirts right out the other side! No matter how dry I think it is, or how careful I am about how much I drop. What the heck am I doing wrong?

If you read thru this, Thanks for your patience!! I'd be so lost and back on analogs if it wasn't for you guys!

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
First of all welcome to the forums and congrats on quitting!!

Although I'm an advocate for backups, I think you can probably hold off on at least the batteries for now. I was a 2 1/2 PAD smoker and I rarely go through 2 battery charges in a day. I'm usually keep 3 in rotation. Other than one that came defective, I've yet to have to replace any of the ones I'm using and it's been at least 6-8 months I've been using them.

I've had ego passthroughs with batteries last me several months, my first one was the ego from volcano just called the inferno I have had it for a little over a year and it actually still works reasonably well. As far as cartos go it depends on how thick your e liquid is. I've used some of mine for over a month.
The only thing that I do to clean mine is clean the threading with a paper towel. I also have a plunger kit for cartos that you can get from My Freedom Smokes.
As far as mods go I would reccomend either a box mod or the LavaTube. The LavaTube is what I carry around daily. You can get the kit from Volcano for around $100.

For filling cartos if you go to youtube they have plenty of info videos and different ways to do it.

Jerri Ross

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Amarillo TX
Or a zombie attack!!! Are any of you guys scared of them being outlawed, or at least juice being outlawed? I realllyyyyy am! And Im way too scared to make my own juice. Ive read, and read the info on it, but its just not clicking with my brain, and Im awful at math! Now if anyone wants to give me exact measurements and steps, I will gladly take them!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread