eGo-T atomizer - after the cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
Has anyone else noticed that it is VERY difficult to get the atty to wick properly after an IPA bath and 48 hr dry?

I cleaned my first atty the other day (few minute soak, blow out, wipe down, left to dry) and I went to use it today and it wont wick right again. It's good for a hit and then it gets burnt taste. Let it sit for 5 mins, and good for a hit, then burnt again.

I do not have this problem with the brand new attys. As a matter of fact, with the brand new atty's, after I blow them out, the first hit on it tastes very much like the liquid I am vaping, so no complaints there at all.

Just this cleaned one and cant get it back to good again... :(

Stifle

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
San Diego, CA
I had a similar situation with mine. I've only had one atty to test it on so I can't really say, but it is definitely clear that the atty was very good prior to cleaning and then was never quite the same afterwards.

I found that getting a good dry burn in after a hot water rinse/blow out seemed to bring it back to shades of it's former glory, but still it hasn't been the same since the initial alcohol cleaning I tried. Hard for me to call this an educated opinion though as I have only used one atty and this could be a fluke. I have seen other reviewers complain about burnt taste and low flavor that was not associated with cleaning so maybe it is just a hazard of the product being new and getting some inconsistencies?

I love the convenience of the system and the flavor/vapor was amazing until it was cleaned. I think when I stock up on them that I may just try and blow out/clean with VG/dry burn method of cleaning rather than using IPA or water rinse.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I boil mine in distilled water for 10-15 minutes in the microwave (it's OK if the atties are fully submerged), blow out the water, rinse several times with vodka, let dry for 24 hr, do a quick dry burn (3 or 4 5-sec bursts) until the coil glows orange, another quick rinse with vodka, blow through, a couple of hr of drying, put a fresh tank on, a couple of blind draws without pressing the butto--and they are like new.

I was also apprehensive about dry burning but it works fine and yes, you can see the coil.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
ok.. so earlier I put 2 drops of juice in the needle... I let it sit for a few hours and I just tried it after posting this. This seems to have fixed it! Seems to be vaping fine now, tons of flavor and I hit on it for a good 5 mins pretty steady even doing double hits.

Good! Remember, Boiling or soaking in alcohol will not remove the gunk from the coil. Eventually, you'll have to dry burn to tackle that crud...

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Cartos and I just haven't made contact yet. I'm sitting here vaping on two CE2 cartos just to see if I was wrong the first time. Not!

The CE2s I have are reminiscent of blowing up a beach toy. I get a plastic taste out of them. I've taken out the silicone rings, notched the bottom one over the bowl to free up the wick, washed them with hot running water, and tried them with only the cap and the bowl ring.

My fear is that the Ego tank will be like this also. No one I've read in posts has fully accepted it as mature. I'll eventually try the tank. Til then, it's the Mega Monster cylinder atty for my all day vape.

Last edited:

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
Before I got my tank, I bought the mega cylinder atty's and mega carts. Hated them. They leak and flood the atty, they dont wick right, and I could happily go the rest of my life without that burnt taste I got from the mega. The only part of it I kept was the mega batts which I now use happily with my tanks.

Still working out this atty issue. The atty's work perfectly (for me) outta the plastic. I used it for like 4 days and decided to try and clean it. I got it working again after dripping 2 drops directly on the needle. I'll never go back to carts and fillers if I can help it. I love my tanks!!

2 tanks a day keeps the cart topper blues away!

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Cartos and I just haven't made contact yet. I'm sitting here vaping on two CE2 cartos just to see if I was wrong the first time. Not!

The CE2s I have are reminiscent of blowing up a beach toy. I get a plastic taste out of them. I've taken out the silicone rings, notched the bottom one over the bowl to free up the wick, washed them with hot running water, and tried them with only the cap and the bowl ring.

My fear is that the Ego tank will be like this also. No one I've read in posts has fully accepted it as mature. I'll eventually try the tank. Til then, it's the Mega Monster cylinder atty for my all day vape.

the CE2's work pretty darn good in the maptank, and the Ego T System works much better then the big cylinder Atty's you should give both of these a try, specially the map tank and if ya got a VV Mod the maptank you may like a lot

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
Wow! I am kinda afraid to clean my tank attys now.......

As to the cartomizers, I have never gotten a plastic taste from mine. I am using Joye brand purchased at FSUSA. The only problem I have had was when I switched from filling with a syringe and started using the "condom" method. I guess I was not getting enuff into them. I broke one open that I had put in a flavor that I ended up not liking. The polyfill was only wet at the very bottom! So, I have gone back to using the syringe method. No problems now. :)

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Good! Remember, Boiling or soaking in alcohol will not remove the gunk from the coil. Eventually, you'll have to dry burn to tackle that crud...

Yup.... what Katya said. If you really want to prolong the life of your atty (beyond what just rinsing and soaking give you)... you're going to have to do a dry burn and then re-rinse. There just aren't any other viable methods for dissolving most forms of gunk and caramelized flavorings.

i saw a video review given by the supplier two days after the supplier recieved it, i think it was from totally wicked UK, and the guy said when it started to taste harsh, he would take 5 or 6 quick hard draws on it without pushing the button, and that would bring it back to life... maybe that has the same effect as dripping fluid down the tube, just a little faster.

Does that work?

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
I treid that, it did not work

i saw a video review given by the supplier two days after the supplier recieved it, i think it was from totally wicked UK, and the guy said when it started to taste harsh, he would take 5 or 6 quick hard draws on it without pushing the button, and that would bring it back to life... maybe that has the same effect as dripping fluid down the tube, just a little faster.

Does that work?

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
*sigh*

So I think I may have killed both of my eGo-T atties. I soaked them for a little bit last night in 70% IPA, then rinsed with warm water and let them dry overnight. No signs of being wet, no Alcohol left over, so figured good to go. I put a tank on one, and nothing. I hear the atty, but no vapor, try the second one, same thing. I took a bunch of priming puffs, and it was not much better, but very faint wisps of vapor. Put a couple of drops of liquid right down into the needle-hole and waited for a while. Took a few puffs, and not I get a little vapor, but not enough to exhale any from either Atty.

Got 3 more on the way, I have some backup atties/cartos, but was really enjoying the tanks, any tricks or tips?

Edit: Seems to slooooowly be getting better, I have about half the vapor I normally would from one, and less on the other one. Am I just being too impatient? I waited like 20-30 min after putting a couple of drops right into the atties. Do I maybe need to attempt to push the wicks down a little like I saw in Sense Field's video in the ego-T thread?

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
*sigh*

So I think I may have killed both of my eGo-T atties. I soaked them for a little bit last night in 70% IPA, then rinsed with warm water and let them dry overnight. No signs of being wet, no Alcohol left over, so figured good to go. I put a tank on one, and nothing. I hear the atty, but no vapor, try the second one, same thing. I took a bunch of priming puffs, and it was not much better, but very faint wisps of vapor. Put a couple of drops of liquid right down into the needle-hole and waited for a while. Took a few puffs, and not I get a little vapor, but not enough to exhale any from either Atty.

Got 3 more on the way, I have some backup atties/cartos, but was really enjoying the tanks, any tricks or tips?

Edit: Seems to slooooowly be getting better, I have about half the vapor I normally would from one, and less on the other one. Am I just being too impatient? I waited like 20-30 min after putting a couple of drops right into the atties. Do I maybe need to attempt to push the wicks down a little like I saw in Sense Field's video in the ego-T thread?

You can try to prime with a couple of drops on the needle, or pop a cart on and let it sit for a while.

My atties come back to form somewhere around tank two after a cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread