Ego-T atty. There's got to be a better way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DianeElaine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
Batavia, NY
@ TVC70.. me too:) I had just about given up on my eGo-T when I read about this Fluxomizers at GotVapes. I also bought an adapter there ( it was very cheap). The adapter buy was just a personal preference where I feel better about there being a bit more distance from the battery and my Fluxomizers. I ordered a 5-pack to try these out. I LOVE my eGo-T now:) Since I am on a fixed income I was a wee bit sick about my first big buy ( eGo-T) being a bad one. I don't feel that way now.

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
Since I am on a fixed income I was a wee bit sick about my first big buy ( eGo-T) being a bad one. I don't feel that way now.
That's another great feature of the Fluxos, the price. A 5 pack costs me $13.25 shipped. That's $2.53 apiece and one lasts me two weeks (roughly, but very close), so that's about $1.33 per week. Combine this with the fact that I make large batches of my own unflavored juice (I recently figured this costs me about $2.50 per 30ml), and I spend almost nothing on vaping.:2cool: :vapor:

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
13.25 is actually pretty damn expensive for a 5-pack of cartos.

It's up to you, and I know some people like them, but I wouldnt get te eGo-C tanks. Frankly theirs can be just as much of a pain in the ... as the eGo-T tanks can. The C is alittle bit of an improvement, but honestly that's not sayin much. The eGo C tanks still leak and can still be really finicky, and they still dull flavor and TH just like the T tanks do.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming

It's up to you, and I know some people like them, but I wouldnt get te eGo-C tanks. Frankly theirs can be just as much of a pain in the ... as the eGo-T tanks can. The C is alittle bit of an improvement, but honestly that's not sayin much. The eGo C tanks still leak and can still be really finicky, and they still dull flavor and TH just like the T tanks do.
In my opinion the C's are cheaper to operate than the T atty. At 13.25 for 5 is not to bad a price for the fluxo's but the ce-2 deluxe may be better made, don't know but what I have read the tube holds up pretty good and you can clean and dry burn them and they are like new again. What do you like and what would you recommend using? THANKS

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
I buy all my cartos from Crystal Clear Vaping. They have good prices and free shipping which is nice when you just want to order some cartos. I use the Ressurector cartos in a 3.5ml tank on an E-Power, but they also sell the Boge 2.0ohm and 3.0ohm cartos. I like the Ressurectors bc they give an awesome vape and hold about twice as much juice as a Boge does, but the Boges are good cartos too. You get the best deal if you buy a 15-pack, and if you buy a 15-pack you get a free drip tip. For the Boges its $20 for a 15-pack, which is a good deal. And dont forget to put in "ecf5off" bc your get 5% off the order, which makes them even cheaper.

Ditto for CCV... good prices, svce. Also love the Ressurector cartos! :D

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA

I know it sounds expensive, but I was paying about $7 shipped for regular fiberfill cartos previously (5 pack), and they were lasting about half as long as the Fluxos. Plus, they were dropping off in performance for the last half of their lives (getting gummed up I guess). The Fluxos work good as new until the end. Like I said, what happens to them is that the little coil wire breaks during teardown for cleaning and dryburn at roughly the 2 week mark. I think if I start tearing them down less often (usually do it every two days) and rotating between a couple, rather than using just one till it goes, I can probably extend their lives by quite a bit. We'll see. :vapor:

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
In my opinion the C's are cheaper to operate than the T atty. At 13.25 for 5 is not to bad a price for the fluxo's but the ce-2 deluxe may be better made, don't know but what I have read the tube holds up pretty good and you can clean and dry burn them and they are like new again. What do you like and what would you recommend using? THANKS

I use the Ressurector cartos in a Smoktech 3.5ml tank on an E-power. Personally I dont like the Fluxos at all, but thats just me. I find the Ressurectors to be very consistant and they give a great vape. Ive ordered prob about 25 5-packs from CCV and Ive never had 1 DOA, and they almost always measure dead-on at 1.7ohm on my multimeter. I buy the 15-pack from CCV and its a really good deal. If you order a 15-pack you get a free drip tip, and the free shipping makes it an even better deal. Also put in "ecf5off" and you get 5% off the order. With the 5% discount, you can get 15 Ressurectors for only $20.42, shipped + a free drip tip. Its a good deal and they give a great vape. Before I started using them in the tank I would get avg 1-3 weeks on one Ressurector. Now that I use them in a tank, one Ressurector lasts me avg 2-5 weeks. So one 5-pack lasts me avg about 2 months, and normally alittle over that. So one $7 5-pack lasts me about 2 months, and to me thats a damn good deal.
Thge Ressurectors hold about 2ml of juice on their own so they last a pretty long time, but used in a tank, they last even longer before needing a refill. I fill the tank in the morning and Im easily good all day. I really like the 3.5ml tank bc its still small enough to carry your PV in your pocket with the tank on it. Smoktech does make a bigger 6ml tank, but personally I think they look funny on an eGo/kGo/E-Power sized PV, plus the bigger tank makes the PV top-heavy. The 3.5ml tank is perfect and is about the same diameter as the battery tube so it looks nice and doesnt make the PV top-heavy.
The Smoktech tanks are dual coil tanks, and comes with a dual coil carto in it, but personally I think dual coils suck at lower voltages, so i didnt even use the carto that came with the tank. The Ressurectors fit perfectly in the tank and I think they work a LOT better than any dual coil does on something like a 3.3-3.4V eGo or a 3.7V kGo/E-Power. I also really like the Smoktech tanks bc you can use cartos that have a metal base on them that stops the tank from being able to slide down. You dont have to use a carto with the metal base, but they are nice, especially if you carry them in your pocket alot. I also use the Big-Belly drip tips on my tanks bc they stop the tank from being able to slide up. I carry 2 tanks with me everywhere I go and have never had either one leak at all. Between the metal base cartos and the big-belly drip tip, the tank cant slide up or down and you can carry them in your pocket and not have to worry about the tank leaking bc it got pushed out of the tank.
CCV sells pre-punched Ressurectors for the Smoktech tanks and they have the metal base on them.

Heres what the Smoktech 3.5ml tank looks like on an E-Power: photo3.jpg photo2.jpg
The first picture is the 3.5ml tank with a Ressurector in it, and the second picture is just a Ressurector by itself.
As you can see the tank doesnt make the PV much bigger so you can still carry it in your pocket, but be able to go a long time before needing a refill.
I think the 3.5ml tank with a Ressurector in it is a perfect setup for an E-Power, kGo, or eGo. And I def think its a really good alternative for an eGo user that is having issues with the PITA eGo tanks.

TVC70, if your happy with the fluxos, then thats all that really matters. Everyones different, and while I found them to be a pain, if you like them, then keep using them!

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I use the Ressurector cartos in a Smoktech 3.5ml tank on an E-power. Personally I dont like the Fluxos at all, but thats just me. I find the Ressurectors to be very consistant and they give a great vape. Ive ordered prob about 25 5-packs from CCV and Ive never had 1 DOA, and they almost always measure dead-on at 1.7ohm on my multimeter. I buy the 15-pack from CCV and its a really good deal. If you order a 15-pack you get a free drip tip, and the free shipping makes it an even better deal. Also put in "ecf5off" and you get 5% off the order. With the 5% discount, you can get 15 Ressurectors for only $20.42, shipped + a free drip tip. Its a good deal and they give a great vape. Before I started using them in the tank I would get avg 1-3 weeks on one Ressurector. Now that I use them in a tank, one Ressurector lasts me avg 2-5 weeks. So one 5-pack lasts me avg about 2 months, and normally alittle over that. So one $7 5-pack lasts me about 2 months, and to me thats a damn good deal.
Thge Ressurectors hold about 2ml of juice on their own so they last a pretty long time, but used in a tank, they last even longer before needing a refill. I fill the tank in the morning and Im easily good all day. I really like the 3.5ml tank bc its still small enough to carry your PV in your pocket with the tank on it. Smoktech does make a bigger 6ml tank, but personally I think they look funny on an eGo/kGo/E-Power sized PV, plus the bigger tank makes the PV top-heavy. The 3.5ml tank is perfect and is about the same diameter as the battery tube so it looks nice and doesnt make the PV top-heavy.
The Smoktech tanks are dual coil tanks, and comes with a dual coil carto in it, but personally I think dual coils suck at lower voltages, so i didnt even use the carto that came with the tank. The Ressurectors fit perfectly in the tank and I think they work a LOT better than any dual coil does on something like a 3.3-3.4V eGo or a 3.7V kGo/E-Power. I also really like the Smoktech tanks bc you can use cartos that have a metal base on them that stops the tank from being able to slide down. You dont have to use a carto with the metal base, but they are nice, especially if you carry them in your pocket alot. I also use the Big-Belly drip tips on my tanks bc they stop the tank from being able to slide up. I carry 2 tanks with me everywhere I go and have never had either one leak at all. Between the metal base cartos and the big-belly drip tip, the tank cant slide up or down and you can carry them in your pocket and not have to worry about the tank leaking bc it got pushed out of the tank.
CCV sells pre-punched Ressurectors for the Smoktech tanks and they have the metal base on them.

Heres what the Smoktech 3.5ml tank looks like on an E-Power: View attachment 78796 View attachment 78797
The first picture is the 3.5ml tank with a Ressurector in it, and the second picture is just a Ressurector by itself.
As you can see the tank doesnt make the PV much bigger so you can still carry it in your pocket, but be able to go a long time before needing a refill.
I think the 3.5ml tank with a Ressurector in it is a perfect setup for an E-Power, kGo, or eGo. And I def think its a really good alternative for an eGo user that is having issues with the PITA eGo tanks.

TVC70, if your happy with the fluxos, then thats all that really matters. Everyones different, and while I found them to be a pain, if you like them, then keep using them!
EXCELENT information for ALL to read. Great info. THANKS. I also use the resurrectors from CCV in a tank and they make the carto last a lot longer than out of a tank, and I too use it on the E-Power. That is my number one vape. I use the Ego-c or fluxos for a diversion. What I like about the fluxos is you can clean and dry burn them and they are like new again and they are easier to clean and dry burn than the Ego-c, so that makes them cheaper to use. When I use the fluxos I take out the ring and cup that goes over the ceramic cup and pull the wick up on both sides so the are flush with the top of the cup and just put the little ring back in and press it against the top of the cup and throw out the bottom cup that covered the ceramic cup. This makes it work a whole lot better and easier to refill because the little ring is very easy to take out to refill and if your careful you can tilt the fluxo and drip juice on the side of the tube and not need a needle if you don't have one. I do use the needle but in a pinch you can fill without one.

lamar

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2011
lagrange
I got mine for under 12.00. Again, on a fixed income so buying an up-grade on a PV is not something I can do easily. Still saving for 'stuff' I see that I plan to buy at a later date. I am glad the eGo-T -which I saved to buy and which took me a few months to do- is now working well for me.
Don't feel bad about the Ego-T It's a good device. I have one and it's not always perfect but it works and works well. I don't use the atomizer much but not because i don't like it ( never had a problem with it) but because i like the cartos. I just use the plain SR Boge carts with a little tank and that gets me through the day. I find that keeping it simple is the best. I use a tank so I only have to fill once a day, I use standard resistance because the low resistance drains my batteries too fast and burn out too fast, plus I find that they will burn the liquid causing a drop in flavor rather quickly. I change out the carts after about 3 days (sometimes 2 days find what works for your vaping habits) )and clean the old one ( nothing fancy I just blast water through them using a turkey baster and put them aside to dry, if it took more than a minute i wouldn't fool with it, don't wait till you taste a change, by then its too late and you might as well throw it out. Darker liquids do cause the carts to burn out a lot faster, they leave behind a residue that is kind of nasty, I started vaping to get the nasty out of my lungs so I think I'll avoid the darker stuff, and speaking of darker liquids coffee liquid taste like crap, just putting that out there. Tanks aren't that big of a deal. My best tank is one I made myself. I took a 5 ml bottle cut the top off bored a hole in the bottom stuck in some rubber gromits poked a tiny hole in my cartos and i was good to go, took 5 min ( it helps to know what you want to do before you start, just keep in mind that if the hole in the cart is too big it will flood the cart) and the thing has lasted me over a month so far. The one i ordered is ok but not near as tuff or as easy to fill.

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
Nice lookin' tank setup, Rob. :2cool: I'd like to try one out at some point. I agree with the Fluxo comment. I absolutely love them, but I know others, like yourself, don't like them at all. It all boils down to personal taste, which varies wildly from person to person. For example, I read a raving report on GV's Sapphire cartos, so I tried them out and didn't like them at all. They were super easy to fill and didn't leak at all, but flavor and vapor were nearly nonexistant for me, so it was back to the Fluxos.

THEFILLTER, I think you're on the right track. Try out as many of the suggested carto systems as you can and see which works best for you. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread