eGo-T Battery Lights Up But Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
California
My wife's pink eGo-T battery stopped working a couple days ago. The battery button lights when pressed but the battery will not power any atomizer or carto I have put on it. The battery is fully charged and is a 650mah size. I did try turning off and on the 5-click protection to rule out that as the culprit.

Anybody have any ideas how to get this battery working again? Without exploding that is :D

WyattDerp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2011
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
The only thing I would suggest, and I really hate suggesting it, is attempting to pry up the center post in the connection end of the battery. You'll see a small circle in the middle of the connection area and using a pair of needle-nose tweezers or something small, gently the post up and see if you can get it to make connection with your cartos and attys. It won't explode anything but if you aren't gentle, you'll end up pulling that connect out of there and risk permanently damaging the battery.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
It worked! Thanks a lot! She is very excited, even tho we just bought another battery haha. At least now she is taking a baby step towards VV vaping. Thanks again!

If that worked she might be guilty of overzealous screwing, so to speak... Seriously, if she has a tendency to screw attys or cartos on too tightly that can eventually create the problem. They should never be screwed on so tightly that it takes serious effort to remove them. Finger tight and no more. Once you feel resistance screwing on an atty or carto it's time to stop. More than that is too much.

Cyclin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
California
The problem came up again this morning so I just moved the contact slightly farther than the first time. I then relayed what Rickajho said about not screwing the carto too tightly, hopefully it works. I don't know if it sounds selfish but I hate sharing my e-cig! She has her own for a reason! Not my fault if you lost two batteries and almost broke a third! haha but I digress...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread