ego t battery overcharged + melted in 510-t charger :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ECF, I signed up to reply to a thread here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/122461-510-ego-charger.html About charging Ego batteries in 510 chargers.

According to manufacturer, it is a nono - but I know members here do just that without any issues. S

o.. I don't know if my charger failed or what happened, but I left my ego-t battery charging in my 510-t charger (with the ego adaptor) and the battery overcharged, got very hot and melted its power button. Bugger was only a day old...

Good thing the battery wasnt left unnatended :(

EDIT - dormouse pointed out 510-t chargers should only be used to charge 510-t batts, not 510 or ego batts. very probably the cause!
>> http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...charged-melted-510-t-charger.html#post3912192

Last edited:
Thanks for reply! No problem, supplier was great about it - assumed faulty battery and sent me a free battery, free ego charger and a 510 charger as well.

I hope you never have this or any other risky problem!

Who was the supplier? They deserve a little credit for going above and beyond, and I am always looking for good people to purchase from.

-john

sorry to hear, hope you're not out any vaping tilll then. :)

still have a couple of spare 510-t's i use when going out, so all good! (miss the ego though; doing the 510 recharger dance...)

Who was the supplier? They deserve a little credit for going above and beyond, and I am always looking for good people to purchase from.

-john
i agree.
don't know if i can post links yet, but will try!
Electronic cigarette -Ireland (Powered by CubeCart)

what impressed me most was he spoke to his supplier and asked for their opinion, then sent me lots of free things. which was just good.

i also ordered some LR atties from him and he sent a standard one along as well for free with a note not to use the LR's on 510 batteries.

been vaping now for just over 2 months and was a bit worried about how good suppliers would be, so far really pleased. recommend that supplier!

i reviewed them here > http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...p-www-thebestshop-eu-truly-great-service.html REALLY GOOD

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
That sucks. You are the second person to fry an Ego in a 510-T charger.

510-T chargers are evil and will fry both Egos and normal 510's. And some vendors do not have appropriate warnings and instead say "the 510-T can only be charged in its own charger" which is sort of backwards since the damage occurs placing normal 510 and Ego in the 510-T's charger.

a. label your chargers - that's what I do with my Riva cables

b. I would throw them out and use a normal 510 charger on the 510-T batteries (which according to a vendor works fine, as do normal 510 PCC cases according to him). Not an Ego charger - they are for fat batteries only.

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I have no idea what is up with the 510-T chargers or which part is the problem. If the AC to USB says plain old 5V 500ma (aka .5A) or the same output rating and polarity as any others you have for charging batteries then it is probably OK. The USB to battery cable is usually the part that controls the battery-specific charging.

I use these instead for some of my stuff - 4 port 2amp USB to AC (and they also have a version with more international plugs - the RUC6181). This will hold up to 4 battery or PCC charging cables (or 3 plus a non-cable stubby adapter in the end slot)
Amazon.com: Rosewill USB Travel Charger Adapter RUC-6180: Electronics

That way I can charge up to 4 assorted batteries on one outlet. I also use one at work. And with no battery cables on it, you could use it with any passthrough (I would not use a passthrough on it the same time as charging batteries since the mA are shared)

Last edited:
yep my 510-t wall adaptor is values you stated, 5.0v 500ma. i guess it is the usb charger.

that travel charger looks very handy.. i might need to get one.

i have been looking at the usb adaptors on a few online shops, and sure enough they state what you said, 510-t charger is exclusively for 510-t batts. couple stores said not to charge ego or 510 batts on it.
how strange, you would think by changing the specs they are just causing themselves problems with returns and having to manufacture chargers with 2 specs.

i was a bit silly i guess and just assumed 510-t was exact same with a tank atty on, same voltage batteries etcetc. thanks for that, i did wonder!

Last edited:
absolutely right!

i order a lot of pc bits and pieces, and sometimes get faulty parts.. i have dealt with companies before in that industry that have refused point blank to accept parts back. (i'm looking at you overclockers.co.uk).

with the ecig problem - i agree, i didnt see how it was the suppliers fault! its good to know there are some good ones out there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread