Ego-T Cone Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
Let me say right off the bat that I'm no modder. Got no equipment. Got no skills.

I've done away with the atty tank a while ago and only use 510 and 306 attys dripping with that batt. Leaking at the base of the attys annoys me. But those outer cone threads beneath the 510 connector stem tantalize me. I wonder if you modders think it would be possible to create a catch-cup adapter which would thread onto those threads? Something with an o-ring around the base of the cup which would sit right under the lip of the stem where leaked liquid could be sucked back into the atty?

Just thinking... I'd buy something like that.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
It wouldn't be hard to do . That is a 12mmx.5 thread . All you need is something like a washer with that thread on it with a small dish to it .

So I gather from your reply that the 12mmx.5 thread is rather standard. Still, I imagine some machining would be involved to make one. Seems one might want to bevel the inner edge of the bottom of the cup around the hole the stem would fit through in which to seat an o-ring snuggly.

All in all, it's nothing I could do myself, but I sure would love it if somebody made something like that.

Thanks for the reply.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
You mean something like this?

Vision Cone

That's pretty much exactly what I'm talking about... except I envisioned something looking more like the catch-cup on say a REO Woodville where there is space around the stem to catch juice. Nice find though. I'll probably just end up getting a Universal drip shield or something. Thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread