EGO-T Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rvgirl

Jan 23, 2013
Gold Canyon, AZ
Hi all. I usually vape with the V2 long battery and the LiquiMax clearomizers (I'm sorry, I don't have the technical lingo down yet, so don't laugh). I decided to order an EGO-T 650 mah from a local company here in Arizona because their smoke juice is fantastic. The problem is that their smoke juice is too thick to use with the LiquiMax clearomizers and it won't vape properly. It seems to clog the V2 clearomizer. The owner of the Arizona company suggested I order the EGO-T to work better with their juice.

I had one good hit of taste from the EGO-T and then it was horrible. I could no longer taste the smoke juice, just an acrid, burnt electrical taste that became so bad and so intense, I developed a headache and stomach ache. I had to stop after about 5 hits. Additionally, the room I was in smelled like an electrical fire afterwards.

I sent an e-mail to the company and told them about this and said I needed to return it. I could not pick this thing up and smoke it again if I wanted to. I would puke. The taste is still with me and it is awful.

Questions:

1. I guess I should go back to the V2 but I'm not crazy about their e-liquid flavors. I like sweeter flavors, like coffee and chocolate. (V2's coffee is great but they don't have it in the e-liquid form yet and the chocolate is kind of nasty). So why doesn't the smoke juice from the Arizona company work with the V2 clearomizers? It seems so thick it won't vape at all. The juice is 60% PG and 40% VG. I noticed that the V2 liquid is pure PG. (Note: V2 told me that I could use "any" kind of smoke juice in their clearomizers, but apparently, not in this case.)

2. Why would the EGO-T perform in such a bad way? I can't imagine anyone on earth would like the taste I experienced today. The vapor production was amazing but it wasn't worth the pain.

If anyone has any suggestions for a better vapor producing experience, I would appreciate it. I'm growing tired to spending all this money on trial and error - although I know it's part of the deal. I really appreciate your help in advance!

LKnives

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Madison, WI
www.twitch.tv
Can you post the link to this Clearomizer? Not familiar with it.

I can think maybe, because the eGo-T is a 3.3v device, that the clearomizer is higher ohms than what the eGo-T is designed for.

Edit: Okay, I just looked it up. The V2 Cigs long batt is a 4.2 volt device, according to their site, so I would guess (because their site didn't say) that the clearomizer is probably around 2.4 to 2.8 ohms. 3.3v isn't enough to quickly vape a higher ohmage device, but I use a 2.5ohm T3 on my eGo-T 18650 and it can work. Never had this issue you described.

Is the clearomizer old? These things usually only last about 3-4 weeks depending on how well you take care of them.

But honestly, for the eGo-T I would recommend something at a lower resistance like a Thor Clearomizer or Stardust V2 at 1.8ohms. I use a Thor Clearomizer on my eGo-T 18650 and it works great.

Last edited:

Rvgirl

Jan 23, 2013
Gold Canyon, AZ
Thanks very much. I think I was confusing in the way I posted my message.

The EGO-T 650 mah I ordered came with a clearomizer as part of the kit, so it's probably the right one that goes with the battery. The whole bad experience with the taste came from this kit.

From your post, it looks like if I am going to use the V2 battery, I think I will have to use a straight PG liquid since the Liquimax clearomizers clog up with any VG percentage in it.

I was just wondering why the EGO-T would taste like a burned, electrical fire. Could it be just a bad battery? The smoke juice is sold by this same company (the 60/PG 40/VG blend) and I was told it works with the EGO-T.

Are there issues with the EGO-T or did I get a dud?

LKnives

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Madison, WI
www.twitch.tv
There is the chance that the clearomizer that came with the device is a dud, that happens from time to time. Or, it could be that the the juice is too thick for the clearo and it's not wicking fast enough, giving you a "dry burnt" taste. Although, at 60/40 I wouldn't think so. I run 50/50 on everything and haven't had an issue with much.

Only issue with the eGo-Ts I've heard about is they only perform stellar with LR atomizers.

I'm more convinced it's the clearomizer than the battery. Could try something else on it but the eGo-Ts really perform well with low resistance devices and since the eGo-T is the first low voltage device you have you probably don't have anything LR laying around. Standard resistance devices should work, it will just take a few puffs to get the coil warm enough to vape it well.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I'm just a touch confused..

Where you using the eGo-T as an eGo-T??
imagedetailview.jpg index.jpg

..or where you just using the battery with another device?

It makes a difference...

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
That burnt, nasty taste could be because the atty isn't wicking. Could also be that the primer fluid which tastes pretty nasty on a new atty.

Try blowing from the battery end into a napkin to get rid of the primer fluid.

The tanks are pretty finicky for some people. Sometimes you don't have problems at all, other people can never seem to get them to work properly. That was me.

There's nothing wrong with your battery though- just the delivery system. You could try a cartomizer or some sort of a clearomizer/tank and you might be happier.

LKnives

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Madison, WI
www.twitch.tv
I use my eGo-Ts only with 1.5 ohm (LR) dual coil cartomizers (with tanks). Since the eGo-T goes from 3.7V down to 3.4V, I need to use LR to get decent wattage for my tastes.

You don't have issue with a 1.5ohm DCT? Thought I heard that there wasn't enough power in an eGo-T to use DCT on 'em, probably just misremembering what I had heard. I'm a clearo guy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread