eGo-T type A atomizer metal taste? HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpms0n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Honolulu, Hi
I hope there are people who can help me with this problem in the new members section :|

Anywho. After watching the videos by Vicky from cignot on cleaning the ego t attys, i decided to give it a go on mine. after cleaning it and reinstalling everything perfectly, i've been getting a heavy metal taste with the flavor I'm vaping. It wasn't the juice because before cleaning it, it had the right flavor. I've tried the boiling water method and the exact way vicky did it on her video and it still taste metallic. the wick was cleaned with isopropyl alcohol first to get all the stuff out and then washed under hot water and left to dry prior to putting it back in the spike plate. the wick/atty is already primed and all as well. I also question it because when i vape it, there is the right amount of vapor but the flavor is metallic. what could be wrong??? Any help would be good as this is my only working atty now until next week when i can order some new attys :( thanks in advance

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Ok. try giving a little time for the wick to really absorb the juice....I fill most of my stuff at night before bed and in the morning it tastes so much better after having time to fully absorb into the wicking......if you have some straight pg you could put some in and puff away but don't inhale it. pg cleans and its so much easier that all the 'cleaning' methods that are out there.....
:)

kpms0n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Honolulu, Hi
hmm, i'll try letting the filled tank sit the atty over night and see how that works for me. i've been direct dripping on my other ego-t attys that have completely tore apart the wick upon cleaning haha! also i'm using liquids that seem to be a 90/10 or 80/20 mix pg/vg liquid and dont have any pure pg but i will definitely give that a try when i can get a hold of it (china stuff that makes good vapor) :)

kpms0n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Honolulu, Hi
Update: the over night thing didn't work. 2 hits were good and after that was all metal and flavor

How long have you used the atty? Could be a simple case worn out atty. I would like to see your further reports.

about 2 weeks at most and was cleaned because airflow was like drinking from a fresh milkshake from mcdonalds LOL

MasonD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Our United States
Sounds like it may not be wicking right: It took me many, many hours to get simple cj's wick mod to work for me, and over the course of that, I had a lot of what you seem to be describing: plenty of vapor, plenty of nasty-- which I thought was really weird.

That problem went away, when I used far less of the ptb to keep the wick together, regardless of the amount of silica I used.

So, for you and your stock wick, it may be that there's too much happening in the wick spike-- maybe it's jammed in a little to tight, maybe the mesh or aluminum they use to keep it together didn't pack the same when you reinstalled.

Things you could try: take a small needle, and use it to create some space for air relief. You could start by clearing out-- gently so you don't destroy the wick altogether, but firm enough to do the job-- clearing out the three air-relief vents on the inside of the wick-spike; if you remove the wick, you'll see them clearly enough from the top. They're there so that the system doesn't get vacuum locked, and ceases to wick proper.

You could then, if that doesn't give you relief, work, gentle yet firm, some relief holes into the center of the wick proper.

Just be sure to use a small sewing needle; safety pins are too big for this adjustment.

I know it seems counter-intuitive, with the fact that you're getting plenty of vapor, but I identified that that problem was created, in my case, from too much going on in the wick spike. And boy was that a nasty, nasty taste.

Hope this helps

danomanx

Jun 12, 2011
uk
Hi- I'm getting the same issue with atomisers for my Zenith Amo from Liberro (a Joye- style 510 model device). Used each atomiser for 2 days each max and sure enough theres a disgusting metallic taste which won't go away- tried cleaning etc- no change-have got through 5 atomisers in around 10 days- getting expensive- will try the wicking suggestions given here- thanks.

MasonD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Our United States
@ danomanx:

I've never used a regular atty (only cartomizers and the tank), so I can't really help you with any competence.

This is an adjustment particularly for the eGo-Tank, which has a wick in a post which feeds from a tank down into the atty; I don't know how/if this will help for your Amo... the adjustment is for the wick only, which, in the tank, is separate from the atty (unless it accidentally gets burned onto it...)

I'd hesitate, and investigate a bit, before jamming a needle around in a regular atty (unless it's totally toasted, of course)

You might want to start a thread, and see what you get in way of replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread