Metallic tasting ego-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMagick

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
Australia
Hey everyone,
I recently got my joytech Ego-T kit and love it. Anyways, I noticed that I am getting a metallic taste with some juices :( (Lighter flavored juices, does not really affect bobas bounty)

I swapped to cartomizers, which fixed it, but I prefer the flavor and vapor of the tank.

Any way to rectify this metal taste in my smoke? If it helps anyone to diagnose the issue, I have noticed a really good throat hit and very good vapor when I get the metallic taste, even with liquids that do not usually give a throathit or good vapor. Leads me to believe that I'm vaping something very unhealthy :(

Do the atties need a clean before first use? Should I follow Vickies video guide?

I'd be super happy if someone can help me enjoy my ego as much as I enjoyed my sun super 1300-t (gave it to my lil bro and he destroyed it in 1 day lol)

DrMagick

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
Australia
Did you blow out the factory liquid? There is some nasty tasting factory liquid in every vaporizer to keep the wick fresh. You usually take the vaporizer and blow into the side where you connect it to the battery as hard as you can when it is new.

I blew into the battery end until all the liquid had come out, then I wiped it away with tissue. I replaced the tank, the first 3 draws were ok, but it retuned after that!

I bought some isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Should I soak it in that for a while?

DrMagick

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
Australia
Out of all my Atomizers, there was only 1 which hadn't been used. A tank B type atomizer. I blew all the liquid out of it before using it, and it seems to have fixed it. Yay!

I did try blowing the liquid out of the other atomizers which had already been used. Unfortunately, I was unable to get the metallic taste out of those ones :( A major bummer since I prefer Type A tanks, I usually get sick of the flavors before I finish a type B.

Reckon if I pull the atomizer apart, rinse them and the wick off, then soak them in isopropyl rubbing alcohol will purge the foul taste from these atomizers? Or should I just buy some new ones?

DZ

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
Littleton, CO
Sometimes the little flap from puncturing the tank can block the top of the wic. remove the little flap and either adjust the wic up or down.

One thing to consider also is if you are using a thick juice more vg then pg it could just have problems feeding due to thickness. A good mix is 70/30 pg/vg it is just thick enough to not leak but thin enough to feed it.

Last edited:

Morfeus

Nov 16, 2011
Gemany
I did try blowing the liquid out of the other atomizers which had already been used. Unfortunately, I was unable to get the metallic taste out of those ones :( A major bummer since I prefer Type A tanks, I usually get sick of the flavors before I finish a type B.

It is possible that the bad taste already went into the tank. Try a new tank or clean the old ones.

I would not try to clean the whole thing in some sort of cleaning fluid. What you can do is putting it in Vodka for one night, then rinse with hot water and let it dry for 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread