eGo Tank atties plug up!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
I have 4 eGo tank atties and all that I have tried seems to gradually plug up as I use them!!! No amount of flushing seems to clear them!!! I am afraid to try a dry burn since I cannot even see the coil. Anyway, I find that the draw gets downright hard on these. I have stopped using mine.......

Does anybody else have this same experience? I did like them when I started using them but now love the Fuxomizers more.

I have tried flushing the tank atties out with hot water and also with alcohol. Nothing seems to work!

I have not had this problem with my 510 atties. They clean up nice and the draw stays loose. Why are these tank atties different???? :blink:

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
Hogie; How are you... !? Long time no "read", heee....

Let me say I guess the extra-wicking together with a sort of sub-chamber between the coil/ ceramic cup and the tank plate are the key components which may translate into the effectiveness behind tanks...
The extra wicking makes for a larger surface providing extra juice "available"/ 'ready' to compensate for possible wicking problems... Though, this also translates into a state of peripheral vaporization, so to speak: More vapor but not really GOOD-good vapor; more on the weaker side of the spectrum... Hence the flavor muting factor, possible lack of TH, etc... And the surprising factor and reputation of tanks to go through large amounts of juice and not really seem to be producing up to it. This, however, makes sense since the consistency and convenience factors may be the upside.
Playing with the level of the wicking fibers and mesh little roll inside the syringe may provide a more effective, powerful vape. OTOH, though, it seems obvious tanks are likely to get, eventually, very hard-to-draw, clogged up and under-performers, too fast too soon, at least for many of us... The larger wicking surface and chamber may generate further residues deposit, and their air channel is smaller (at least in 510-Ts; I do not remember eGos...), ONLY one hole, in the first place...
IMO, the best cleaning method is an alcohol bath and a mini-dry burn... This really seems to help, a lot. You can dry burn them straight, or you could always remove and re-insert the plate later on... The wicking fibers, though will eventually need to be replaced after a few cycles... (You could also mod them...)
Removing the plate is easy, cannot find any link right now as my connection is slow, as of right now, but you may be likely to find videos on how to do this; it is very simple. Otherwise, you could always dry burn directly after blowing the atty; eventually you'll see the glow...
While dry-burning is dangerous and should be considered an extreme intervension, I have found it is essential with these "rebel" atties...
And, last but not least: The 510-Ts works far far better in my opinion; possibly due to their shorter peripheral vaporization spectrum...

Hopes this helps...

=)

Last edited:

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
Hogie; How are you... !? Long time no "read", heee....

=)

Yes, I have been busy with "stuff" all summer and not taking time to hang here. I am coming up on my one year anniversary off cigarettes next month! So, I have been coming and reading more lately.

I did like the eGo-T at first but now have a new fav so, maybe I will try to take the atty apart and clean. Nothing to lose really since they suck right now.....:p

I will do some more reading to find how to take it apart.

I do have a couple of LR tank atties that I have been sitting on......I tried one and it had a burned taste right away so I stopped using and have not gone back. As far as I am concerned, these things were a flash in the pan that turned out to be non-performers.... :(

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
I totally agree...

I mean, they are "decent" in a way, but not really my favourite, whatsoever. I keep them as spares... They may end up working fine but take some "serious tuning" to do so; they requiere a lot of fiddling and constant care; they are 'tricky', in my opinion...

I am a dripper anyway, and you can drip them but they aren't exactly dripping-friendly...

Most of the time I find myself dripping (many different atties; LR mostly...) and have become so used to the dripping routine I have even been enjoying the dripping ritual on the whole and everything there is to it. I do not feel the "hassle" anymore... Love dripping entirely!!!
When at home I also use My Genisis (By Persis) on my Provari... But as a ritual, when watching a movie; or on special occasions, only, as it is TOO perfect which overwhelms me...
Huuuuuuuuuuuuah !!!

Greetings...

PS: BTW I am very likely to visit NYC this summer (here; winter there...)... Any tips??? =)

Last edited:

Allen_B

Oct 28, 2011
Clinton, CT
I'm quite new to this, but have had similar experience with the tanks.

Oddly, the best I have found is to partially dry-burn them; when I notice a drop-off in air flow I will pull the tank out and vape the "empty" tank-o. It is surprising (to me anyway) how long the empty tank-o will produce vapor and the airflow seems to improve significantly. I will continue this until the vapor drops off and starts to have a very slight "burnt" taste.

I have started doing this when I'm roughly 3/4 thru a full tank of juice, whenever I swap flavors/tanks and at the end of the day and it seems to have improved the performance.

I have yet to dissect a tank-o, only cleaning by rinsing/soaking in how water. Found this link that looks pretty promising:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ep-step-cleaning-maintenance-shaka-zuluf.html

/r

Allen

Last edited:

Cokeybill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2011
True North(Ont.)
Have you tried the turkey baster clean? I use vodka solution and a clear rinse afterward. The Attys go in the baster and you just suck up the solution via the bulb and gently force the solution thru the atty(batt conection up). If my atty is real gooey I will turn it over and flush gently the other way. After this I soak in a hot water bath for a 30 minutes(changing the water making sure the water stays hot). After the bath, I allow to cool a bit and blow out the battery end til it seems clear of fluid. Allow to dry for 24 hrs. Always remember to be gentle as you don't want to disturb your wicking.

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
I totally agree...

I mean, they are "decent" in a way, but not really my favourite, whatsoever. I keep them as spares... They may end up working fine but take some "serious tuning" to do so; they requiere a lot of fiddling and constant care; they are 'tricky', in my opinion...

I am a dripper anyway, and you can drip them but they aren't exactly dripping-friendly...

Most of the time I find myself dripping (many different atties; LR mostly...) and have become so used to the dripping routine I have even been enjoying the dripping ritual on the whole and everything there is to it. I do not feel the "hassle" anymore... Love dripping entirely!!!
When at home I also use My Genisis (By Persis) on my Provari... But as a ritual, when watching a movie; or on special occasions, only, as it is TOO perfect which overwhelms me...
Huuuuuuuuuuuuah !!!

Greetings...

PS: BTW I am very likely to visit NYC this summer (here; winter there...)... Any tips??? =)
As far as NYC goes, I can't hepl ya. I never go there. I am what you might call a "NY Hillbilly". I live over 100 miles away. I am a country boy. :D and would be totally lost in that HUGE city.

I found a video showing how to take the attie apart and clean it. I have one all clean and it now draws nice and easy. I did a dry burn since I was finally able to see the coil. Just like new again!!!! :vapor:

I like to drip as well. I drip if I am sitting around watching TV or something (love the taste!)

I will keep the eGo Tank around as a spare. I bought some 1.5 ohm dual coil eGo mega cartomizers and like them best now. Tastes GREAT and holds a ton of juice (5 ml I think...)

Thanx for helping out Revolver! :2cool:

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
Have you tried the turkey baster clean? I use vodka solution and a clear rinse afterward. The Attys go in the baster and you just suck up the solution via the bulb and gently force the solution thru the atty(batt conection up). If my atty is real gooey I will turn it over and flush gently the other way. After this I soak in a hot water bath for a 30 minutes(changing the water making sure the water stays hot). After the bath, I allow to cool a bit and blow out the battery end til it seems clear of fluid. Allow to dry for 24 hrs. Always remember to be gentle as you don't want to disturb your wicking.

Thanx for the info, Cokeybill. I found a video and followed what was shown. Had the piercing spike out so I could acually see the coil. I soaked it in alcohol and then flushed with hot water. Did a dry burn and flushed again. Re-assembled and it works like a charm! I am a happy camper cause now I wont be tossing them as I was planning before this. :laugh:

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
I use the 510 Tank setup so far so good only problem with the BS341 liquid does like to clog them fast but my attys for 555 going good no cleaning so im thinking its the juice that has alot to do with it switching to B Mild instead of 341 see if it clogs them up like the BS341 did or if its good like the 555 juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread