Ego twist charger question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunchblaze

Feb 24, 2012
Alabama
So I got my new twist 650 and the recommended usb charger with it.

eGo USB Charger - 420ma

I use this dedicated hub to charge my stuff:

For only $11.90 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 7-Port USB 2.0 HUB w/ AC adapter | External USB Hubs

so my concern is that it seems to take quite a while to charge the twist on this unit (put it on fully drained this morning to get an actual number but my SI volt x2 passthrough type charges on it much quicker).

i tried plugging it fully drained into the hub on my computer (accepting the risk) and the light on the charger turned green in like 3 mins lol - doubt it's charging that fast.

any ideas?

thanks in advance.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Thanks for the reply.

yeah it's been charging for about 3.5 hours now.

on the back of the charger it says "Output: DC 4.2v::: .1A"
i'm wondering if maybe they packed the slow charger by mistake. Is that what the 420mah one should say?

They definitely sent the wrong charger. Luckily for you it only results in a slower charge. If you had wanted the 510 slim battery one and they had sent the 420ma one you could have overcharged the slim battery.

I'm sure the vendor will gladly send the 420ma charger to you as this was clearly someones mistake.

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
Thanks for the reply.

yeah it's been charging for about 3.5 hours now.

on the back of the charger it says "Output: DC 4.2v::: .1A"
i'm wondering if maybe they packed the slow charger by mistake. Is that what the 420mah one should say?

Sorry about the mistake, we'll get you taken care of tomorrow. Slower is better on batteries, but life is too short to wait, right? :)

edit: New order placed, shipping tomorrow. Keep the other one or pay it forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
i'm using my ego c charger to charge my twist, the light flashed when plugged in but the light isn't on now. what does the light in the twist do when charging?

The light on the Twist flashes 4 times when first connected to the charger then it stays off.

The light on the charger is red and flashes green every 5 seconds or so as it checks for voltage. It progressively gets more green as it completes the charge and steady green when fully charged. It gets hard to determine when it is near fully charged. You have to watch for more than five seconds to see if it changes color when it flashes.

My 1100mah pass-through, with the same charger, flashes 3 times and then stays steady blue. The light on the charger stays steady red until fully charged, then green.

It seems odd that the charger behaves differently but I guess it is determined by the internal circuit board.

I hopes this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread