Ego Twist charging problems Please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so im pretty new here not so sure if this is where this post belongs but I have a serious problem with my ego twists, both of them ran down but neither will take a charge. When I plug them into the charger the light turns red and has the occasional green blink but it never turns green. after 8 hours I took one off and it hit one time then the led light blinked 40 times. this happens with both of them and im realllly needing my nicotine right now. ive tried pulling up the center pin and that didn't help, I cleaned the connectors with alcohol and a q-tip but still the same problem persists. Please for the love of god help me get my battering back to running I cant just go out and buy a new one since there aren't any vaping stores here and I need my nicotine NOW!

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
2 things. It sounds like it isn't getting a charge at all.

1) Could be a bad charger. Do you have one you could try or borrow?

2) connector pins on top of battery are depressed, you can go around the edge of that little plate you see when you peer down into the top of your ego battery, just gently stick a paper clip or something around the edges and "lift" it up every so lightly.

BUT since it is happening with both batteries, I"ll suspect the chargeer. Are you using a walll adapter or just the usb pgtail cord?

Let us know what happens.

Always have more than one charger, just like more than one battery. :)

unfortunately I only have one charger but it seems like its working. it turns red when I hook it up and has a green blink about every 10 seconds. it supplies enough power for one single hit in an hour of charging then blinks 40 times again. I raised up the center pin already and it didn't seem to change anything. I tried it on both the wall adapter and usb plugged directly into my computer and neither seem to work. im so depressed right now. I just got a bunch of new flavors in and no way to vapor......so sad...

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Definitely need to check the charger...if two batteries are having trouble

I have also hear people say turn the voltage all the way up when charging?

Also check the center pin on the charger itself, it could be pushed down or shorted

A multimeter would definitively be helpful in this situation, weak point on both batteries seems to be the charger

Worse comes to worse try this...definitely pull the pin up ALOT!

Good luck!

Last edited:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
just ran across this

Ego-t Battery Repair - YouTube

Even thought it's not a twist

P.S. silly question is your charger a 120mAh or 420mAh charger?
Another silly question, do you plug in charger then screw on the battery, or screw on battery then plug in charger? (I have a cigalike charger, if the battery is on before I screw it in...light comes on green and stays green, when I plug in charger, then screw in battery it will turn red while charging)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread