Ego vv charging cable replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Hello folks, I bought an ego-vv from China and the usb charging cable that came with was defective, the UC-E6 head was filled with plastic making the battery useless. I then bought this cable from ebay but it wouldn't charge and after reading a bit about how a usb cable pulls power from the port I saw that disconnecting the two data wires ( yellow and green ) might enable the cable to 'ask' for 500mA from the port but that did not happen. Does anyone know what I did wrong? or maybe suggest what I need to do/buy? I really want to use this battery. I tried searching in this sub-forum to try and not repeat threads but I couldn't find anything, sorry if the issue was discussed before.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
and after reading a bit about how a usb cable pulls power from the port I saw that disconnecting the two data wires ( yellow and green ) might enable the cable to 'ask' for 500mA from the port but that did not happen.
That don't sound right, maybe the data lines need to be shorted.

The cable you bought was listed as data/sync, does that matter? Maybe. Who knows what the hell China is doing.

FWIW many mini USB -> micro converters come with the pins shorted

The micro USB cable that came with my Kindle will charge and transfer. A third party cable I just got will only transfer from the computer, yet charges fine with the AC adapters I've got.

There is lots of cable hacking articles on the web.

USB pinout and connections @ pinouts.ru

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
I received the cable and it has 5 wires : black, red, blue, white and green. After looking on the web for a bit it looks that you cannot rely on the colors to know which is which but I went ahead and shorted the white and green which are generally the + and - data wires but no luck. It looked like it might work based on the pinouts.ru web-site. I am thinking to put the blue wire in the shorting equation because I also came across this photo 6944434_f520.jpg but I'm not sure because my cable has 5 wires in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread