Ego VV Passthrough Chip Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello :) Been vaping for about three years now, and I had just now gotten into more powerful devices and fondling with electronics of old ones. Three years and I am just now signing up in this forum :( . Anyway this MAY be a lengthy post since I have a ton of questions so please bare with me.

Situation: I just got done disassembling my EGO VV passthrough (with battery). It is still fully operational but I was considering making it into a direct to wall (with a universal adapter set to proper cu, and splicing some wires) type e-cig; or buying an enclosure and connecting a more powerful battery to it. I am no electronics major, but I do enjoy fondling with electronics (Car Sound systems, Computers, Modding Games Systems, etc.)

20140202_215625.jpg

Question 1: Does anyone know the specifications to the PCB (not the fire button PCB)? Like if there is an amperage limiter of some sorts, or is the 2.5 amp limit only caused by the battery that is currently connected to it? What is the minimum and maximum input Voltage that the chip can take?

20140202_220011.jpg

Question 2: If the limit is only set by the power source, not the PCB(s), and I go the adapter route: Will I be able to "safely" fire the set up above with an adapter (theoretically) set @ 5v with a 10 amp output limit?

Question 3: What is the min/max power input limit for the PCB? Since it is a USB passthrough I am guessing it to be 5 Volts?

Question 4: Has anyone done this to their EGO VV (Either getting a different enclosure and a stronger battery, or turning it into direct-to-wall e-cig with a universal adapter). Any tips would be greatly appreciated, or vendors that sell enclosures (apart from Madvapes) for this project.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread