Ego VV to eVic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Toker

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2009
Los Angeles
I'm likely to buy an eVic to replace the ego for my main setup. I have a kanger pro tank v2 and it works pretty well with the vv ego battery, but I'm sick or the dial at the bottom turning after I set it. Usually happens from just holding it or being my pocket.

Was wondering how much / if they work better at providing vapor. I can get my current to kick out some clouds but it seems to need be in the mood, so it's inconsistent which is really bothering me.

Is the eVic a good step up? I like all the software features and read about the new version 2 screw cap. I like that'll be shorter, but from pics i can't tell how much wider they are... don't really like the giant wide ones I've seen.

Also, does the software work on mac?

Any info appreciated!

Last edited:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Well I do think you can get the software for the mac, I read it here somewhere. (I don't have a mac) I went from a ego to a evic, (not a ego twist) the evic was my first vv devise. The vape was a vast improvement, over my ego's. It is a large diameter devise though, about 1" in diameter. The standard evic comes with a 18650 battery, but you can buy shorter tubes for it, to make it use a 18350 battery, or even a leo bod mod, that lets you use the 18490 as well. I have not done any of those yet, but I am going to go for the leo myself eventually.

I hope that helps :)

Last edited:

tom_chang79

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
CA
Any device that runs an 18650,18500,18350, will be close to an inch in diameter. One of the reasons some of us still use VV egos on the go, just easier to carry.

That's true, the 14XXX series of batteries are slim, but once I turned my eVic into a 18350 mini size, I never looked back at my ego Twist...

My eVic was my first true APV, it feels a bit unnerving not having a screen or display when I vape my buddies' ego-style PV...

EvilRubberDuck

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Yorktown, VA, USA
I don't think you'll be disappointed. Don't worry about the size, I thought the eVic was big when I first got it but it kind of grew on me. With a full sized Kanger protank 2 the eVic is just slightly wider than the tank and you won't need the skirt. Looks quite nice in my opinion.

The firmware can be buggy at times, but joyetech has been responsive and there's a firmware update to look forward to.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
I have an eVic it was my first VV/VW device and I find it to be well built and very dependable. I don't use the online software very much, only to upgrade the firmware but if you are into the keeping the statistics it is all there for you. It performs exactly the way you would expect and you can "fine tune" it to the juice and delivery device using the VW. It is comfortable to hold and use for long periods of time. I use it with my rebuildables to check the coil ohms against the multimeter readings. I believe it has a one year warranty.
That being said The Smoktek SID looks promising too. Another to look at is the Tesla and yea it kinda looks like "Tesla's Coil" here's a link to a review Tesla - the Shocking new APV Review. It's hard to decide, kinda like a restaurant with a huge five page menu so you ask the wait person "what's good" and each one will tell you something different. In the end you find something. visually pleasing to you, meets your needs/wants/demands and your pocketbook and all is good.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I still want that bod kit, I still have to wait though, too many other things I want first, but now I want it even more, because of the leo meca thing he came out with, which converts the bod kit into a mech mod. best of both worlds.

using bod by leo with 18350s when i'm out.
it is rather fat when compared to egos but i'm not really bothered by it

Midnight Toker

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2009
Los Angeles
I've been using it for close to a week now and don't have any major complaints. I was hoping for a huge improvement in vapor production but only have a small improvement over my vv ego. I'm still trying to get it dialed in I think. Trying to figure out if I need to replace the ProTank II with another tank that produces more vapor and gives a better throat hit.

Mrrochi

Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Montgomery, Tx
I went from a twist to an evic. I love it. More vapor better flavor, nice to set the wattage and forget about it not having to adjust volts based on the ohms ow whatever device I'm using. Plus I'm a gadget guy so it seems natural. People complain that it only goes to 5 volts or 11 watts but to me it seems like plenty. I don't know how anyone can vape on anything higher without burning through coils like crazy. And it's always consistent unlike the twist. Plus the battery lasts over a day!!!

Midnight Toker

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2009
Los Angeles
I went from a twist to an evic. I love it. More vapor better flavor, nice to set the wattage and forget about it not having to adjust volts based on the ohms ow whatever device I'm using. Plus I'm a gadget guy so it seems natural. People complain that it only goes to 5 volts or 11 watts but to me it seems like plenty. I don't know how anyone can vape on anything higher without burning through coils like crazy. And it's always consistent unlike the twist. Plus the battery lasts over a day!!!

I like it for all these same reasons you listed. I've started trying other liquid brands with a different pg/vg ratio. I'm currently getting a better th and a bit more vapor than before. AT 6.4 watts / 4.0 volts I start to get the burnt taste. I don't know how others go much higher, other than my juices all burn at a lower setting than theirs.

errolng

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Home
I like it for all these same reasons you listed. I've started trying other liquid brands with a different pg/vg ratio. I'm currently getting a better th and a bit more vapor than before. AT 6.4 watts / 4.0 volts I start to get the burnt taste. I don't know how others go much higher, other than my juices all burn at a lower setting than theirs.

6.4W is pretty low.
i do 8-8.5W on single coils

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
6.4W is pretty low.
i do 8-8.5W on single coils

I guess it also has a lot to do with the juice you`re vaping and the PG/VG ratio. I mix my own and try to keep the ratio at 50/50 and I vape most of my juices at 5.5-6 watts depending on which one it is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk 4.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I've been using it for close to a week now and don't have any major complaints. I was hoping for a huge improvement in vapor production but only have a small improvement over my vv ego. I'm still trying to get it dialed in I think. Trying to figure out if I need to replace the ProTank II with another tank that produces more vapor and gives a better throat hit.

If you were hoping for a huge improvement in vapor production I'm afraid you're not going to get it when compared to a VV eGo that's properly adjusted to the delivery device resistance. The improvements/advantages lie elsewhere.

My eVic is my favorite device but at work I still use an eGo twist because of the form factor. I'd rather be using my eVic but the amount of vapor and satisfaction of the vape from my twist does the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread