egrip alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dickyjim

Oct 25, 2014
Bel Air, MD, USA
I recently bought a joyetech egrip for something small but powerful to keep in my pocket at work. I like it but is limited by battery and airflow. Is there anything similar (mod and tank one piece) that is more powerful or has changeable batteries? The only thing I have found was one made by Yiloong the pinnochio mod - 18650 battery 40 watt 2015 Yiloong Creative Box Mod Pinocchio Mod Like Castigador Box For Genesis Atomizer - Buy Pinocchio Mod Product on Alibaba.com . I cant find this in any store online.

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana

distruzio

May 10, 2015
Atlanta
That they do. Its a phenomenal little gadget. It screws into the original coil position. No modifications required. And they provide additional coils in case youre not interested in wrapping your own. It isnt expensive. I got one for both myself and the wife for $25 shipped.

Id suggest that you start there to save money and work with what you have first.

lownote2

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2014
Nixa, Missouri, USA
My wife loves the egrip so much she has two. Maybe that's another option for you. They don't seem to take long to charge. I'll second the RBA for it though. Both of hers have the RBA as well. More airflow and better flavor IMO. Honestly I think it's an underrated device, for a little thing it's got great flavor. Plus side of the RBA is also no more coils to buy.

My wife doesn't mess with building anything, so I do all the work lol. Honestly both are still on the original coils, I just clean them and rewick. They make an adapter for dry burning your coils provided you have another 510 device. Honestly, as much confidence I have in my coil building, I'm not looking forward to building on that when the day comes. That deck and the screws are tiny.

Reactions: Dimplegirl

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I recently bought a joyetech egrip for something small but powerful to keep in my pocket at work. I like it but is limited by battery and airflow. Is there anything similar (mod and tank one piece) that is more powerful or has changeable batteries? The only thing I have found was one made by Yiloong the pinnochio mod - 18650 battery 40 watt 2015 Yiloong Creative Box Mod Pinocchio Mod Like Castigador Box For Genesis Atomizer - Buy Pinocchio Mod Product on Alibaba.com . I cant find this in any store online.
This one looks {IMO} to be a clone of the eGrip.

Dickyjim

Oct 25, 2014
Bel Air, MD, USA
I have decided I am ordering the RBA base for the egrip. The one I pointed out isn't really a clone but i know what your saying, the advantage to that would be 18650 batteries (changeable) and the description says it takes nautilus coils which are much more available then the egrip ones. For those with the RBA base have you had any issues with leaking or other things I should be aware of.

Reactions: rgerber

distruzio

May 10, 2015
Atlanta
I have decided I am ordering the RBA base for the egrip. The one I pointed out isn't really a clone but i know what your saying, the advantage to that would be 18650 batteries (changeable) and the description says it takes nautilus coils which are much more available then the egrip ones. For those with the RBA base have you had any issues with leaking or other things I should be aware of.

None so far in either mine or my wifes egrip. It really does elevate the egrip to a whole new field. Better airflow, better flavor, and better vapor production. Its well worth the $10 or so. Im more satisfied with this set up than i was with my Kanger GeniGiant and the Istick that I had last year.

I promise. Youll love it.

Reactions: Dimplegirl

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I think it's hit or miss. I had one that leaked & another that didn't but the charge port broke in the non-leaky one so I had to send it back.
As far as the coils, I can't imagine eGrip coils being any less available than Nautilus coils; esp. considering eGrip coils are the same coils for the GS Air tanks.

Snapped this pic just now for you.

20150519_125300_20150519_125328_zpsxzs8qgcy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread