ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hah! The one that got away. :(

It's been on my list for almost two years but, somehow, I never bought one. And now it's too late... Nice review. :thumbs:

It’s not too late. sourcemore sent an email a week or so ago that they are here to stay. Hopefully they are back in stock soon.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    What I like about this mod is that no matter what orientation it's positioned in in my hand, I can fire it. This is due to the size and shape of it but also becuase if the shape of the fire button. I can literally pick it up without any attention to where the fire button is, squeeze it in my fist and fire it. The fire buttone shape is just like some aegis mods and is great for using when you have work gloves on.

The mod is actually smaller than it looks in this picture.
    DP127-details-02.jpg

The downside about this mod is that it resets to 35W every time you change the battery. I have been in contact with EHPro many times and they pretend to fix that problem in the firmware, but never actually do. :/

Mine don't do that. My 1st one did but ehpro has an update on their site you can download. All that I got after the 1st run don't reset after changing batteries.

Reactions: hittman

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Mine don't do that. My 1st one did but ehpro has an update on their site you can download. All that I got after the 1st run don't reset after changing batteries.

It seems to be hit and miss. None of mine are first run (no Ambitionz logo on mod) yet only one of the 6 I have didn't reset.

The current firmware on their site doesn't fix the issue and actually introduced the issue to the one nonaffected mod

I think I found one on reddit that might fix the issue + adds a puff counter. I'm checking it out tomorrow.

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    They dropped the ambitionz logo very quickly. Not sure why. It's still on the packaging, though...at least on the ones I got last year.

From what I have heard, he didn’t help design it. They just used his name to sell mods.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I installed the older version of the CS100 firmware I found and it fixes the problem of the mod resetting to 35W every time I change the battery. It also adds a puff counter. The firmware version is 2019120301

I haven't flashed the firmware on all my CS100, but the one I did flash so far seems to be working fine. I removed and reinserted the battery many times and the wattage never resets. Fingers crossed.

Whether or not it changes anything as far as TC functions are concerned, I don't know as I don't use TC.

Here's the link for anyone interested.
    Ehpro Cold Steel 100 Firmware v2019120301 - Google Drive

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yeah having to even just adjust the wattage every day when I change the battery just aggravates me in this day, such a sweet mod... I'm gonna give it a go, wanted to see how the battery would go before, ridiculous they don't have all past versions with a changelog. thank you all

I hope you don't have the Cold Steel 100 with the newer chipset on the board. There's a thread on another forum I just read this morning that reveals that newer runs of the cold steel 100 mod have less ROM on them and certain older firmware versions are not able to be installed on them because the firmware data is too large for the limited ROM space on the newer run of the mods. All you can do is try. If you have a newer cold steel with the smaller ROM capacity the firmware updater will say something like "File Size too large" or something like that when you try to update it.

Reactions: hittman

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
    Mar 20, 2021
    Indeed I do have a new one, and yes it won't accept the old puff counter firmware, says "file size > flash size" bummer, maybe that's why the firmware had features removed... I flashed the newest from ehpro, it does work and show the updated firmware version but no change so far, I bet it's worse somehow

....ty ....ty sure love the size and feel of this mod

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread