The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Eh?

Discussion in 'UK Forum' started by Lady Python, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kit

Kit Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2008
    UK
    Hes no newbie though emp he should know this allready:(

2. Spider

Spider Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I always laugh when I'm replying to a thread and then when it refreshes he's already started another couple of threads :)

3. Oliver

Oliver ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe Admin Verified Member

The social forums business seems a little bit of a failure really! I implemented it as a request, but might get rid of it.

As someone pointed out it'd be a shame to divide what was purposefully designed as an international forum to become divided along national lines. Although that clearly isn't happening so far.

4. Kit

Kit Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2008
    UK
    i think your right smokey its not been used i think segregation is a bad thing, because forums are quite the opposite but the site is excellent joe its a credit to you !

5. rustylug

rustylug Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2008
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    I have opend a bebo social web site for people to leave comments on, take part in my polls and post on my wall and white board ... i also use my site to try and sell the only 2 ecigs im selling ...Im just a small fish in a big pond lol lol ....If you want to have a look at it goto >>>>>> www . bebo . com / ecig Im hopeing to get some people from the uk on and mabey some people FAE Scotland lol lol

6. Coldevil

Coldevil Full Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Lancs,UK
    Woah,you can't pack it in,i've only just been granted access :D

may be worth keeping for uk specific things,suppliers etc not just of kits and juice but glycerin bottles and the like...maybe a sticky

7. BarryK

BarryK Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 6, 2008
    Essex ENGLAND
    It's certainly worth keeping the UK and other nationality specific forums - there are defininitely e-cig problems here in the UK that don't seem to be quite as bad in the US.

It may well be that with the UK just beginning to really take off as a market, and lots of new UK e-cig sellers, the manufacturers are allowing quality control standards to degrade somewhat.

If you want an example you only have to look at the battery problem, I have just one e-cig, a Gamucci classic - had it about 7 weeks now, and of 8 batteries purchased (or replaced by the suppliers) 6 are totally dead - the remaining 2 are dying..........

I don't see this sort of thing happening to the same extent in the US.

I don't want to go too far into this at the moment as I'm gonna be starting a new thread specifically addressing this problem, & I shall be posting it in the UK forum.

also, ... is the problem with starting new threads, I personally don't want to be wading through 8 or 9 pages of irrelevancy & wibble to find the specific item I'm searching for.

If there was a 'view new posts since last visit' facility it would make things a whole lot easier - if such a thing exists please point me towards it and you will receive my everlasting gratitude & humble apologies......

8. Kate

Kate Moved On

Jun 26, 2008
    UK
    I don't know how to post a picture of this so bear with me Barry.

If you click the 'Today's Posts' link on the toolbar it will show threads with posts you haven't read in bold and with a little arrow next to the title. Look down the 'Thread/Thread Starter' column and you'll see some titles in bold with an arrow just to the left of the title. If you click on the arrow it will take you to the first post you haven't read on the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.