Ejuice mixing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronos01

Aug 8, 2013
Sydney Australia
I, too, would like to know. It is so difficult when you see a recipe that says 'adjust to taste'. I understand why, but I do not have the patience to mix in drops. Further, taste testing in a drip atty does not suit me. Liquids taste much different in a clearo and carto - to me anyway.

One piece of advice I got from a retailer was this:

Flavours have a saturation point. For flavour art, this point is 5%. I was advised that 5% should be the total of all the flavours used. Not sure if that includes sweeteners. However, I tried this and I feel the sweet spot may be more than 5.

Capella and Flavour/Perfume apprentice is 20%.

Still trying to find the grail and trying to stick to those guidelines as a general rule. There are a couple of fairly large threads on this forum dealing with DIY which I found very interesting. But not a lot about mixing flavours. Usually focussed on how much of one flavour to use.

I have used Flavour Art Flash to provide throat hit. Start at one drop per 5 ml then crank it up to taste.

Another way is to buy ready to vape flavours and then mix.

As I said, I have little patience for drips and drops. The retailer has a very nice Desert Peach tobacco flavour which is described as a blend of Desert tobacco, peach and sweetener. I have been stubbornly trying to replicate it but failing miserably. One day ......

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
A lot depends on your total mix. I mix at ~80% VG and flavor at 8-13%. Also recognizing which flavors are strong and understanding subtle influences of multiple flavors.

When I devise a recipe, I start out with what's my primary flavor. I really enjoy both Captain Blacks tobacco extract and Virginia Fired tobacco extract. So when I use on of them for my primary flavor, I'll start off with 8% flavor of the primary. Then I look at the influence I want to give it. I like using different cinnamon flavors to spice things up, so typically is add 2-4% cinnamon. Then if I am going to add another flavor, like apple, for it's mellowing properties, I'll add 1% of that flavor.

My main tool for mixing is my kindle e-book. Once I devise a recipe, I'll write it down in my kindle, so that I have it with me in the lab. Often my first test batch is a hit, so I now have the recipe stored and saved. If it needs tweaking, it's simple to adjust in my e-book, and it is saved.

Using some pure grain alcohol in the mix can add some panache and crispness to the juice. Using to much flavor is worse than using to little. Start low then add more if the flavor development is not there. Since I mix at a high VG % my flavor is probably a tad higher than what would be needed with a high PG %. I also mix at 12 mg nicotine, since my builds and watts vaped at deliver nic quiet efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread