Ejuice questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
I have read about Virgin Vapor Organic Kona Velvet Milkshake , and I am planning on using a carto tank. I realize the ikenvape cartos are popular and also sold out. I was planning on just getting a few cartos with my IBTanked 19mm xl order. I was wondering do I just add a few drops of water to the eliquid with the heavy 100%vg or is it way smarter to order the 50/50. Just wondering best way to have a trouble free experience and decent taste. Also, I was interested in trying the volcano pineapple punch but only see a few opinions, and looking for a decent virgin piña colada if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
I have read about Virgin Vapor Organic Kona Velvet Milkshake , and I am planning on using a carto tank..
You plan on using that juice in a carto tank? Just making sure I read your intent properly.

I realize the ikenvape cartos are popular and also sold out. I was planning on just getting a few cartos with my IBTanked 19mm xl order..
I'm not a carto guy, but I've read/heard that the Boge cartos are pretty good, as well as the Smoktech ones, if those are available to you.
I was wondering do I just add a few drops of water to the eliquid with the heavy 100%vg or is it way smarter to order the 50/50. Just wondering best way to have a trouble free experience and decent taste..
Eh... can't help with that one, not a carto guy, nor do I use the 100%vg... but been thinkin about trying 100%vg in the future.

Also, I was interested in trying the volcano pineapple punch but only see a few opinions, and looking for a decent virgin piña colada if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Regarding the volcano ejuices... I think many folks don't use their brand once they progress to other types of ecig gear/juice. It almost seems to me (my perception) that many people prefer to try all the other brands listed out there like MBV, HHV, ect.

Sorry this wasn't very helpful, but thought I'd chime in, and welcome to ecigs!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Virgin Vapor's Kona Velvet Milkshake has been one of my favorite flavors for almost a year and I always have some loaded in a cartotank. The 100% vg from here is not particularly thick, in fact they dilute it to a carto-friendly base if you request it in the comments section upon checkout. Since this is one of my favorite flavors, I have ordered two bottles at a time - one 100% vg and the other a 50/50 pg/vg ratio. I could not tell any difference in viscosity or flavor between the two.

I'm using the two hole Ikenvape (510 Fusion or Platinum) in my tanks. Used the two hole Smoktech single coils prior to that.

Hope that helps.

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
You plan on using that juice in a carto tank? Just making sure I read your intent properly.

I'm not a carto guy, but I've read/heard that the Boge cartos are pretty good, as well as the Smoktech ones, if those are available to you.

Eh... can't help with that one, not a carto guy, nor do I use the 100%vg... but been thinkin about trying 100%vg in the future.

Regarding the volcano ejuices... I think many folks don't use their brand once they progress to other types of ecig gear/juice. It almost seems to me (my perception) that many people prefer to try all the other brands listed out there like MBV, HHV, ect.

Sorry this wasn't very helpful, but thought I'd chime in, and welcome to ecigs!

Yes, planning on using a carto tank. I appreciate any and all info.Thanks for the welcome!

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
The Virgin Vapor's Kona Velvet Milkshake has been one of my favorite flavors for almost a year and I always have some loaded in a cartotank. The 100% vg from here is not particularly thick, in fact they dilute it to a carto-friendly base if you request it in the comments section upon checkout. Since this is one of my favorite flavors, I have ordered two bottles at a time - one 100% vg and the other a 50/50 pg/vg ratio. I could not tell any difference in viscosity or flavor between the two.

I'm using the two hole Ikenvape (510 Fusion or Platinum) in my tanks. Used the two hole Smoktech single coils prior to that.

Hope that helps.

Thanks I appreciate the info on viscosity and flavor between the vg and 50/50. I had read some posts of people having carto issues and really wanted to try this flavor. I will definitely put a comment during checkout for carto friendly. I will definitely get some ikenvape cartos if they ever become available. I use 510 too. I just bought a provari titanium white mini with blue lcd. Your posts on the forums have been exceptionally helpful to me.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
First off, the commercial sellers of e-juice aren't going to tell you what's in their formula. If a juice sells well others would be sure to copy it.

Use your brain. If an e-juice was 100% VG then it wouldn't contain any flavoring and it would be too thick to use in most atomizing devices.

100% means 100%. 100% VG is this: Glycerin USP, no nicotine, no PG, .4% water, no flavoring.

CVS Pure Glycerin USP - CVS pharmacy

GlycerinUSP.jpg

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California

Hope that helps.
There is no such thing as thick VG and thin VG. The only viscosity difference between different batches of Glycerin USP is caused by temperature differences of the liquids. Glycerin USP (VG) will thin out at higher temperatures.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
I have been enjoying juices from other companies that only use 100% VG juice. It is pretty thick and some times my hardware is finnicky about vaping with it. Do you have some kind of allergy to PG or does it bother you? If not, I would say to get the 50/50 if the vendor produces it. Otherwise, it should work with most setups, like your carto-tank. Perhaps, get some boge's or kanger's if the Ikenvape is out of stock. I don't understand why you want the Ikenvape cartos? You can use any other punched carto's in your tank as long as they fit the dimensions. One thing about 100% VG juices that I've noticed is they take longer to do everything. They take longer to steep, longer to wick, etc.. If you want 100% VG, it should work ok in your setup.

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
I have been enjoying juices from other companies that only use 100% VG juice. It is pretty thick and some times my hardware is finnicky about vaping with it. Do you have some kind of allergy to PG or does it bother you? If not, I would say to get the 50/50 if the vendor produces it. Otherwise, it should work with most setups, like your carto-tank. Perhaps, get some boge's or kanger's if the Ikenvape is out of stock. I don't understand why you want the Ikenvape cartos? You can use any other punched carto's in your tank as long as they fit the dimensions. One thing about 100% VG juices that I've noticed is they take longer to do everything. They take longer to steep, longer to wick, etc.. If you want 100% VG, it should work ok in your setup.

Not really sold on which mix. Just starting out. Just don't want a big mess of sticky that doesn't work with a instantly clogged carto. Seemed the ikenvape cartos were popular and I would prefer laser hole cartos so the cartos aren't deformed by the punch. Seems easier to switch out and easier on o rings. I like learning from those that have gone on before me and avoid headaches. I will give the 50/50 a try.

Last edited:

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
First off, the commercial sellers of e-juice aren't going to tell you what's in their formula. If a juice sells well others would be sure to copy it.

Use your brain. If an e-juice was 100% VG then it wouldn't contain any flavoring and it would be too thick to use in most atomizing devices.

100% means 100%. 100% VG is this: Glycerin USP, no nicotine, no PG, .4% water, no flavoring.

CVS Pure Glycerin USP - CVS pharmacy

GlycerinUSP.jpg

100% VG is a term I thought was used by vendors. I realize that they are adding their flavors. Just inquiring about carto issues if I went for the VG vs 50/50. I had used my brain. I made some interesting things in organic chemistry lab many years ago. Nothing is 100%, but the term is still useful in this scenario.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I prefer to punch my own cartos to fine tune wicking with the juice. This is what I use. 95% VG, 5% distilled water and 15 mg/ml nicotine. No flavoring. To get this to work with a Smoktech 2.0 ohm XL carto on my Sigelei Telescopic at 7 watts I use four punched holes along the bottom of the carto. I run about 18 ml though one these cartos before they tighten up and need replacing.

4holespunched.jpg

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
The Siam Mods V2 Carto Punch from Phiniac makes large holes and doesn't deform the carto very much. Watch the video. This is what I used on the carto photo above.

Thanks I was wondering which carto punch you used. I will try that one. At the very least it is always good to have the option to enlarge holes or punch my own cartos. Good to know how many ml you are running through a carto before swapping for a new one. I am sure i will get a sense of when to swap them. Still not sure whether to run a 2 vs 3 ohm on the provari. I was leaning towards 3. Leaning towards pre made juice for now, but I guess I can add some distilled water if necessary.

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
Stick with 2.0 ohm. You will use less battery power that way.

Yes, the Siam Mods V2 is a great buy. It resembles the ordinary Smoktech carto punch but the design is much improved and entirely different. I love mine and use 4 full turns for each punch.

I will give the 2.0 ohm a try. Longer battery life is always a plus. I had seen those punches previously on the Phiniac site. I will pick one up. I like useful gadget/tools. I already bought a slap yo momma tool. I will try four turns on some cartos.

lungcancerisbad

Moved On
Jul 15, 2013
NY
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I will give the 2.0 ohm a try. Longer battery life is always a plus. I had seen those punches previously on the Phiniac site. I will pick one up. I like useful gadget/tools. I already bought a slap yo momma tool. I will try four turns on some cartos.
The long drip tip included with the IBTanked kits serves exactly the same function as the Slap Yo' Mama tool. It just isn't as cool, bro.

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
The long drip tip included with the IBTanked kits serves exactly the same function as the Slap Yo' Mama tool. It just isn't as cool, bro.

I figured it would be nice to have a stainless one. Glad I got the cool one. Haha. It will still be nice to get the spare with my IBTanked.
Probably use this drip tip first. Just got it in the mail a few days ago.
cf453a00c37ca293b6113ec330f3dbaa.jpg

Eventually may get a High Desert Vapes Tank to go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread